Unsworth Out

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Apparently Frank was shaking his head at the Unsworth out chants. 

He isn’t going anywhere. 

Meanwhile there’s a 1000 off the gate already. 

He may have been shaking his head for a completely different reason. Hopefully he has had enough because everybody else has.

1 minute ago, Wardie said:

He may have been shaking his head for a completely different reason. Hopefully he has had enough because everybody else has.

He hadn’t had enough before the Gateshead game last week, in which we were Ok. I doubt 2 draws has made him have enough. 
I’ve had a fucking enough mind. 

It was a very good shout whoever first mentioned that manager at Gateshead,

He'd soon have a sort out here, sixth in the table after a six nowt win away from home.

Still, I'd back Pete Wild as the right man to put a smile as wide as a Cheshire cats back on everyone's faces

3 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

It was a very good shout whoever first mentioned that manager at Gateshead,

He'd soon have a sort out here, sixth in the table after a six nowt win away from home.

Still, I'd back Pete Wild as the right man to put a smile as wide as a Cheshire cats back on everyone's faces

He has them playing very good football but I can’t imagine he’d last 5 minutes with the main stand, playing out from the back like he does. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

He has them playing very good football but I can’t imagine he’d last 5 minutes with the main stand, playing out from the back like he does. 

It's a results game and both mentioned would make a damned sight better job of it than Unsworth's currently doing.

We need to stop pussyfooting around what's happening here and speak some home truths, it can't continue like it is and that's all that needs to be said right now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

It's a results game and both mentioned would make a damned sight better job of it than Unsworth's currently doing.

We need to stop pussyfooting around what's happening here and speak some home truths, it can't continue like it is and that's all that needs to be said right now.

The fans spoke their home truths after the game today. The board will be in no doubt about what fan opinion is. 

42 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Apparently Frank was shaking his head at the Unsworth out chants. 

He isn’t going anywhere. 

Meanwhile there’s a 1000 off the gate already. 

Giving Unsworth (more) time would sit better with me if he had a record elsewhere to point at, but he came in as a 1st team managerial novice and has been somewhere between poor and terrible for a full 12 months 🤷

38 minutes ago, daniel said:

He hadn’t had enough before the Gateshead game last week, in which we were Ok. I doubt 2 draws has made him have enough. 
I’ve had a fucking enough mind. 

This is a great chance to settle on a really good expletive infixation and roll it out at scale. I'd say that we've all had e-fucking-nough. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

The fans spoke their home truths after the game today. The board will be in no doubt about what fan opinion is. 

At the end of the day, does it really matter one bit what we think?

He needs to win, he can't seem to get a win and right now I'm starting to think he's incapable of getting a win.

Even the opposition are offering up advantages of having their best players out and being even more shite that us but can he ever get the better of em? Can he bollox.

Edited by Littlemoor Lad
Missing word

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

So we go again....

No wins in out last 6

A paltry 7 pts from 8 league games

Already 12 points behind Barnet and Chesterfield at the top

Take out the Aldershot game and we've scored 4 goals in 7 games with 5 so called top NL strikers on £££££s

Pay on the day pundits already 1000+ down ( so about £30k per game if you include food drinks etc I'd guess)

Fans toxicity and frustration at home games growing by the week

Most importantly no signs of improvement from the team😬

He HAS to go before things get out of hand.

and 4 of those strikers on the bench, but no goalkeeping cover

12 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

They have to make a decision quickly because we have no chance of going up with this continuing as it is.

I've seen us play 6 times 5 of those opponents had significantly smaller budgets than us And we've not won one of them. He couldn't out maneuvere a side today with a squad whose budget must be half of what we have we had. Good grief they didn't even have a manager on the touchline for 75 minutes today And we still couldn't outmanouvere them. 

It's really the last thing I wanted to happen. Even the most cynical of Unsworth outers didn't think we'd start the season as bad as this. They have to make a decision this can't go on we have to change the manager. Otherwise the teams at the top will get away from us. It will cost them in pay offs it will cost them in bringing a replacement and it will probably cost them interms of bringing in another 2-3 new faces which any new manager would want but it will be the right decision.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 3

On 9/4/2023 at 9:29 AM, wiseowl said:

First and foremost, DU is a human being with feelings and family etc. The vitriol, from some quarters, towards him has been disgusting.

If we look at matters objectively it is clear by now that he is not the manager to take us forward. I saw some appalling performances from his teams last season (e.g. Alty away the worst performance I have ever seen from a Latics team). As an early critic, last season, of DU, I have recently attended a couple of games to gauge if I was previously being too hasty in my judgement of DU as a manager.

I wasn't. Despite significant investment, a full close season, superb stability around the club etc., the overall offerings on the pitch have been mediocre. Some people have been excusing the performances because of a couple of injuries to midfielders. Really? We can't cope with losing a couple of players to injury for a while? Lord, help us then.

No, David Unsworth seems like a nice guy; it's just that he's not the man to take us forward unfortunately. We will not progress sufficiently as long as he remains in place.

Lastly, someone needs to have a long chat with Frank Rothwell. We love what you have done for the Latics but no chairman should be getting himself involved with the fans in the manner in which he is doing.  

Perfect summary. 

• Like 1

Unsworth has assembled a squad of 5 strikers, 4 of whom he signed and 1 who he gave a new contract to, and then he plays 1 up front at home to Dorking. Absolutely ridiculous. He’s not got a clue. 

I was all for giving him time but not anymore. Enough is enough.

UNSWORTH OUT!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

They have to make a decision quickly because we have no chance of going up with this continuing as it is.

I've seen us play 6 times 5 of those opponents had significantly smaller budgets than us And we've not won one of them. He couldn't out maneuvere a side today with a squad whose budget must be half of what we have we had. Good grief they didn't even have a manager on the touchline for 75 minutes today And we still couldn't outmanouvere them. 

It's really the last thing I wanted to happen. Even the most cynical of Unsworth outers didn't think we'd start the season as bad as this. They have to make a decision this can't go on we have to change the manager.

No real incremental improvement in 8 games now. 7 points out of a possible 24, chesterfield and Barnet have dropped just 5 points. Dorking parked the bus but weren’t that hard to break down on the odd occasion we got through, we made it look difficult. They then started getting around us and should have scored later on. Their no 30 had acres of space to run in over and over again. Basically the same old story. A better team would have beaten us today. Enough is enough 

7 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

Perfect summary. 

Agreed. I've wanted him to do well and wanted us to give him time, but I think it's difficult to see any reason to think it's going to get better. I've been trying to ignore a nagging voice in my head that says he doesn't have it for a long time and hoped he'd prove it wrong. I really thought after we finished the season quite well after getting safe that we'd hit the ground running this year, but it's been so disappointing.

10 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

It's really the last thing I wanted to happen. Even the most cynical of Unsworth outers didn't think we'd start the season as bad as this. They have to make a decision this can't go on we have to change the manager. Otherwise the teams at the top will get away from us. It will cost them in pay offs it will cost them in bringing a replacement and it will probably cost them interms of bringing in another 2-3 new faces which any new manager would want but it will be the right decision.

I've been very supportive of the board for giving the manager time. I could see the logic in why - the results picked up last season and then I felt that the standard of football improved this season in the first few games, especially in the 3 home games before today. But Gateshead and now today seem like massive backward steps. Gateshead for the quality of football, today for not looking like a team at all.

Dorking parked the bus but there was so much disruption to their squad and team we should have been able to find a way through. Or at the very least to have forced their keeper to have a blinder to win a point. But that 2nd half was awful.

I'd like to see Unsworth repay their faith in him by falling on his sword. I think it's inevitable he'll go now, but I hope it doesn't put the board off in their approach when it comes to giving managers time. In the future, we'll go through a bad spell and their loyalty will be rewarded by things turning around and it all working out.

• Like 3

There’s no defending today’s performance and no defending our start to the season. Today was nothing short of embarrassing and if Frank and Darren can’t see that then we’re in serious trouble.

I really hope that the Royle’s friendship with Unsworth doesn’t get in the way of the good of the football club. We’re losing fans through the door and money through the gate hand over foot, the fans that are going are bored and fed up and we’re in real danger of completely throwing away a great opportunity to challenge for promotion.

Unsworth is clearly not the man to take us to where we want to be and it is becoming negligence to do nothing about that. Genuinely such a shame that we’re in this situation.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I'd like to see Unsworth repay their faith in him by falling on his sword. I think it's inevitable he'll go now, but I hope it doesn't put the board off in their approach when it comes to giving managers time. In the future, we'll go through a bad spell and their loyalty will be rewarded by things turning around and it all working out.

This

6 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

How is no keeper on the bench relevant?

Allow me to explain. 5 subs, 3 can be used. We chose 4 strikers and no goalkeeping cover, although our other goalkeeper is (I think) fit. I find this to be a strange set of options to give himself going into the game. Losing your goalkeeper and having no replacement would be a big thing. You can only add 3 more strikers during the game, and you probably wouldn't want to add 4 anyway. So overall, it doesn't seem to be a well balanced way of (a) covering off potential risks and (b) giving yourself room for tactical changes, which is what subs are for. Compound that with not even using them all on a day when it was so hot that they had to stop for drinks breaks like it was a cricket match.

• Like 1