Unsworth Out

1 minute ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

Allow me to explain. 5 subs, 3 can be used. We chose 4 strikers and no goalkeeping cover, although our other goalkeeper is (I think) fit. I find this to be a strange set of options to give himself going into the game. Losing your goalkeeper and having no replacement would be a big thing. You can only add 3 more strikers during the game, and you probably wouldn't want to add 4 anyway. So overall, it doesn't seem to be a well balanced way of (a) covering off potential risks and (b) giving yourself room for tactical changes, which is what subs are for. Compound that with not even using them all on a day when it was so hot that they had to stop for drinks breaks like it was a cricket match.

Great point this and a great example of his failings as a manager unfortunately 

Unfortunately I would say that DU will still be here next season , The only convincing thing he has done is to fool Frank that the job to turn the club around is so huge it will take a few years.

He has invested in that future and there is no way they are going to pull the plug now. We could lose the next 5 games and DU job will be safe.

The people around him have cocooned themselves into untouchables and unless big Frank sees the light of day then things are looking bleak .

Regrettably I think things will have to get to desperation stage - ie bottom 4 at Xmas & crowds of 4000 for Frank to even contemplate doing anything .

Frank may have been our saviour (thank you) but don’t let things turn sour by doing what the Royles & others on the management are bad at -

Being too stubborn to change things.

2 minutes ago, Bluemood said:

Unfortunately I would say that DU will still be here next season , The only convincing thing he has done is to fool Frank that the job to turn the club around is so huge it will take a few years.

He has invested in that future and there is no way they are going to pull the plug now. We could lose the next 5 games and DU job will be safe.

The people around him have cocooned themselves into untouchables and unless big Frank sees the light of day then things are looking bleak .

Regrettably I think things will have to get to desperation stage - ie bottom 4 at Xmas & crowds of 4000 for Frank to even contemplate doing anything .

Frank may have been our saviour (thank you) but don’t let things turn sour by doing what the Royles & others on the management are bad at -

Being too stubborn to change things.

He isn't going to be is he, unless we get beat in the playoffs

13 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

Allow me to explain. 5 subs, 3 can be used. We chose 4 strikers and no goalkeeping cover, although our other goalkeeper is (I think) fit. I find this to be a strange set of options to give himself going into the game. Losing your goalkeeper and having no replacement would be a big thing. You can only add 3 more strikers during the game, and you probably wouldn't want to add 4 anyway. So overall, it doesn't seem to be a well balanced way of (a) covering off potential risks and (b) giving yourself room for tactical changes, which is what subs are for. Compound that with not even using them all on a day when it was so hot that they had to stop for drinks breaks like it was a cricket match.

Have we needed another keeper? How often is a sub keeper needed? Irrelevant. Plenty of other things to pick at

9 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Frank has spoken, he won't want to lose face now.

How do you know? He’s a succesful businessman and will have made difficult decisions before.  Losing crowds, losing income, losing matches will weigh heavily and changing his mind isn’t losing face, it’s brave leadership 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Have we needed another keeper? How often is a sub keeper needed? Irrelevant. Plenty of other things to pick at

I’m sorry, you’re right. I’m wrong. I had no right to say those things. At all. I invite you to forgive me, which you can do whilst you’re having the last word on this subject. Please. 

Unsworth and his merry men were given 3 yr contracts.

Unsworth asked for 18 months minimum.

Frank appears to be a man of his word.

Frank knows nothing about football, his words.

Frank can’t afford the payoff.

The Royles are Unsworth’s mates. 

Unsworth thinks he is a good manager and is blind to his limitations.

He is going nowhere.

Saved from extinction by Frank, being led to oblivion by Unsworth.

Enough said!

9 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

I’m sorry, you’re right. I’m wrong. I had no right to say those things. At all. I invite you to forgive me, which you can do whilst you’re having the last word on this subject. Please. 

You're taking issue with something that hasn't had an effect on a single match so far. Weird. 

15 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

You’re wasting your time my friend!🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

I'd rather use the spot on the bench for an outfielder personally. You're only ever going to use the GK sub with an injury and that's a rarity. That being said I agree that it's just bizarre having a bench full of strikers and going into the game playing a system with just 1 of them. His ridiculous use (or lack of) of substitutes this season is another symptom of his garbage game management....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

Wait till the podcast comes out. They will. Unless he’s sacked before then. Then the board will have made the right decision. That’s the way they roll.

But that's fine, because that's their opinion. It's not a binary Unsworth in or out thing, it's how much time do you give him and that differs for everyone. I've just fallen off the give him time thing to it's time to go. The people who wanted him out when he was appointed will say they were right when he goes, they are always going to be right at some stage

• Like 1

Playoffs minimum Frank said. Playoffs will be the maximum now. 12 points already to catch up on the top two and we’ve only played eight. The gap keeps growing . Or will the expectation be amended like it was last year when Unsworth arrived and we were awful and suddenly the task was to “keep us in the national league”. That wasn’t the aim initially. No matter how pally Unsworth is with the board they will need to act before long because this is relegation form .