Unsworth Out

28 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

We'd find out if the keeper got injured! When you can use three subs why on earth would four of your options be strikers?

Thats a different argument. 4 strikers is daft. Even if one can play out wide. The keeper thing has not been an issue so it isn't an issue

4 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Thats a different argument. 4 strikers is daft. Even if one can play out wide. The keeper thing has not been an issue so it isn't an issue

The whole point of a subs bench is contingency. It was different when there was only one sub but when you have five on it one simply has to be a keeper, assuming one's available.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

If what he says is what he actually believes then we are fucked with him in charge. Its the same drivel every week. The fucking clueless idiot set up with one loan striker chasing shadows with no service and then claims that THEY frustrated us. The only frustration going on at latics games are his shit tactics. I wouldn’t ask him to set up a deck chair, let alone a professional football team. I worry for what has to happen for the board to act. I genuinely wanted it to work with Unsworth, but it just isn’t. He is out of his depth and he doesn’t know how to turn this round. He has to go and he has to go now

Yes but in his words we had to be brave because we're at home.....FFS.

He is the gift that keeps on giving in his post match interviews....

Did anyone else see us keep carving them open?

He just needs to fuck off.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, redlion said:

It's all about planning for possible events. You seem to be oblivious to that.

There's planning for things that are likely to happen and then things that are so unlikely there's probably a 1 in a 1,000 chance it will happen. Needing a midfielder to replace Gardner, likely, so should have a plan for that. I'd rather 5 outfield players to ensure we can cover various other positions than a keeper that will sit there and offer no option

3 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Something I was told by an ITK…

Wouldn't surprise me to hear that something is afoot on the recruitment. Seemed ok at the start of the summer, but certainly seems an element of panic has set in over the last few weeks.

8 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Wouldn't surprise me to hear that something is afoot on the recruitment. Seemed ok at the start of the summer, but certainly seems an element of panic has set in over the last few weeks.

Hard to see any scout recommend players who have been out of the game for a long time and unfit.

Agents maybe?

I've accepted for some time now that Unsworth was learning on the job and with that in mind, I was prepared for a learning curve while he grew into his potential...

The sad truth of the matter is that the learning curve is flat and Unsworth has not shown that he is developing as a coach and growing into the role - far from it.

What yesterday's fiasco demonstrated is that he has not progressed and really doesn't have a clue as to how to build a winning team. The players have to take their share of the responsibility but they are clearly not inspired (or allowed) to do better by the system they are being asked to play. 

To put it quite simply, I am not convinced that he has what it takes to be a football manager - and however long he is given will not make the slightest difference to him becoming a successful manager.

He might be a good bloke but I doubt that he will make it as a good manager.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I've accepted for some time now that Unsworth was learning on the job and with that in mind, I was prepared for a learning curve while he grew into his potential...

The sad truth of the matter is that the learning curve is flat and Unsworth has not shown that he is developing as a coach and growing into the role - far from it.

What yesterday's fiasco demonstrated is that he has not progressed and really doesn't have a clue as to how to build a winning team. The players have to take their share of the responsibility but they are clearly not inspired (or allowed) to do better by the system they are being asked to play. 

To put it quite simply, I am not convinced that he has what it takes to be a football manager - and however long he is given will not make the slightest difference to him becoming a successful manager.

He might be a good bloke but I doubt that he will make it as a good manager.

To be honest, it’s getting to the point now where this ‘good bloke’ reputation is rapidly dwindling.

In all my years watching interviews and managers speak during the Abdallah reign, the nonsense ego and blatant arrogance Unsworth is showing in these interviews is infuriating. 

How he can have the gall to smile and laugh his way through these interviews, patronising listeners and spouting absolute lies baffles me.

The man is a fraud. 

Edited by sjk2008

1 minute ago, sjk2008 said:

To be honest, it’s getting to the point now where this ‘good bloke’ reputation is rapidly dwindling.

In all my years watching interviews and managers speak during the Abdallah reign, the nonsense is go and blatant arrogance Unsworth is showing in these interviews is infuriating. 

How can have the gall to smile and laugh his way through these interviews, patronising listeners and spouting absolute lies baffles me.

The man is a fraud. 

Is he a nice guy ? He storms down the tunnel without looking at the fans then lies to us in interviews. 

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Keep banging that drum

He’s right though. Scouts wouldn’t recommend someone they hadn’t seen play for ages. The last few signings all seem to have been the sort we’ve made for years. Norwood apart, they’ve been out of work and turned up here to regain fitness after not playing much for a while. A better quality than Abdallah and Mo’s motley crew, but it doesn’t seem they’re the result of the fantastic recruitment model we now apparently operate.

17 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

He’s right though. Scouts wouldn’t recommend someone they hadn’t seen play for ages. The last few signings all seem to have been the sort we’ve made for years. Norwood apart, they’ve been out of work and turned up here to regain fitness after not playing much for a while. A better quality than Abdallah and Mo’s motley crew, but it doesn’t seem they’re the result of the fantastic recruitment model we now apparently operate.

Or once fully fit will be decent additions. Or not as you never know. They come with pedigree. Why wouldn't we take a punt on them?

17 hours ago, nzlatic said:

I've been very supportive of the board for giving the manager time. I could see the logic in why - the results picked up last season and then I felt that the standard of football improved this season in the first few games, especially in the 3 home games before today. But Gateshead and now today seem like massive backward steps. Gateshead for the quality of football, today for not looking like a team at all.

Dorking parked the bus but there was so much disruption to their squad and team we should have been able to find a way through. Or at the very least to have forced their keeper to have a blinder to win a point. But that 2nd half was awful.

I'd like to see Unsworth repay their faith in him by falling on his sword. I think it's inevitable he'll go now, but I hope it doesn't put the board off in their approach when it comes to giving managers time. In the future, we'll go through a bad spell and their loyalty will be rewarded by things turning around and it all working out.

Sometimes you can do the right thing and it doesn't bring the right results. Yeah it's right to give the manager time but that comes with a limit.

I think we have too look a recruitment in the summer. I'm not sure how we've ended up with an abundance of strikers but knowone with the guile in midfield to create chances for them.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1