Unsworth Out

10 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

"No agenda here"

What's your view then, surely you have your own agenda, personally I've seen enough and very little will sway that now, even if we had a slight upturn and win a couple I'm not confident he could sustain it.

It makes me laugh all this agenda shite because somebody holds a different view, it would appear the 1000 who've give up and the majority who turned up on Saturday all have an agenda in your eyes which is bollocks, most can now see he's a dud and have worked that out for themselves enough is enough. I'm sat in a group who all want rid but none of us got involved in the chanting, if all of those who wanted him out were vocal it would of taken the roof off on Saturday and that's a fact, nobody can give a reasonable reason for keeping him so why should we wait till we are 12 points off the playoffs to do the inevitable?.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The Unsworth family told me last year in the boxes against Chester that he had been promised he would have until the end of this season at least, but I'm extremely concerned that they haven't pulled the trigger. There comes a point where blind faith becomes negligent and I don't think we are too far from that right now...

Very worrying.

He seems to have special status given his relationship with Joe and Darren.  

As in, he wanted and was given assurances beyond results. How on earth can any board promise a set time without results??? 

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Very worrying.

He seems to have special status given his relationship with Joe and Darren.  

As in, he wanted and was given assurances beyond results. How on earth can any board promise a set time without results??? 

Exactly, which makes it negligent.

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The Unsworth family told me last year in the boxes against Chester that he had been promised he would have until the end of this season at least, but I'm extremely concerned that they haven't pulled the trigger. There comes a point where blind faith becomes negligent and I don't think we are too far from that right now...

if true, that is extremely naive at best and reckless at worst. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

What's your view then, surely you have your own agenda, personally I've seen enough and very little will sway that now, even if we had a slight upturn and win a couple I'm not confident he could sustain it.

It makes me laugh all this agenda shite because somebody holds a different view, it would appear the 1000 who've give up and the majority who turned up on Saturday all have an agenda in your eyes which is bollocks, most can now see he's a dud and have worked that out for themselves enough is enough. I'm sat in a group who all want rid but none of us got involved in the chanting, if all of those who wanted him out were vocal it would of taken the roof off on Saturday and that's a fact, nobody can give a reasonable reason for keeping him so why should we wait till we are 12 points off the playoffs to do the inevitable?.

They can't and shouldn't be pandering to a group of fans who are only interested in turning up when the team is winning, nor should they be listening to them when it comes to deciding who the manager is, not unless they want to be going through 5-6 of them a season.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

They can't and shouldn't be pandering to a group of fans who are only interested in turning up when the team is winning, nor should they be listening to them when it comes to deciding who the manager is, not unless they want to be going through 5-6 of them a season.

Don’t you think? Over a thousand of them?

This manager has now been with us almost a year, with literally everything provided for him so he certainly can’t be counted as being hard done to whichever way you slice it. 

9 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

It’s a cool story. 

But if fans keep dropping off and voting with their feet- they have very little option. Unless of course they’re willing to keep plugging the missing money- which I doubt in the medium to long term. 

23 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Group of fans, you mean the 1000 no shows and the majority of 6000 who were booing and chanting on Saturday, not to mention the silent element who can't even be arsed to voice their opinion at the game. Unfortunately a club is built on it's fans and any owner needs that support, to suggest they don't and shouldn't consider the fans view is just plain stupid.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Group of fans, you mean the 1000 no shows and the majority of 6000 who were booing and chanting on Saturday, not to mention the silent element who can't even be arsed to voice their opinion at the game. Unfortunately a club is built on it's fans and any owner needs that support, to suggest they don't and shouldn't consider the fans view is just plain stupid.

Supporters job is to support, not cry every time the going gets a bit tough.

29 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

So let's all just keep on turning up whilst they're not and bite our tongues 

Could be a very long time before we ever see that extremely elusive win by which time we'll be down again

53 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Relax I wasn’t talking about you. I was quoting Pete who claims to have no agenda but yet again here we are with claims of the new board being negligent.

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Wake up Rob, Spurs fans wanted rid of Pochettino after they got beat in Champs League final and finished second in Prem after they spent a few hundred million putting a new stadium up, is it really too much for us to expect a win against a team of builders from Dorking who train twice a week on a 4G at the local leisure centre?. 

• Like 2

The supporters need to keep going to support the club and its backers. Without both OAFC have no chance of climbing the league's. 

Sure it's shite watching us lose or draw mind numbingly and really not entertaining, so take a break whilst the teams away from home. 

11 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Wake up Rob, Spurs fans wanted rid of Pochettino after they got beat in Champs League final and finished second in Prem after they spent a few hundred million putting a new stadium up, is it really too much for us to expect a win against a team of builders from Dorking who train twice a week on a 4G at the local leisure centre?. 

It isn't about one game in isolation. You have to earn the right to have high expectations, there has to be some acknowledgement of where you are starting from.

6 minutes ago, Lags said:

The supporters need to keep going to support the club and its backers. Without both OAFC have no chance of climbing the league's. 

Sure it's shite watching us lose or draw mind numbingly and really not entertaining, so take a break whilst the teams away from home. 

Nah. I've been going 26 years, and frankly I'm sick of giving up my Saturday afternoon and spending decent money to watch that shite. People can call me a bad fan, after 500 odd games I'm not really arsed. I'll be back when he's gone. I need a break.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

It's not my job to do anything at BP. I'm not being paid.

It's David Unsworth's to produce winning football though & he's crap at it.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

From one Rob to another we do support our team  and want the best for the club.That includes  making comments on here about things which plainly are not working .Sometimes my comments have been over the top and will now stop but that is how I feel after seeing over the past 12 months no improvement in our football despite having cherry picked some good players.We all want success for our club and to make it a joy to watch and be entertained but the time has come for many of us to say enough is enough and if he loves the club as we do he should walk out now. 

Edited by Flemboy
  • Like 1