Unsworth Out

1 hour ago, basilrobbie said:

Thompson has made his career on being a very good coach, who plays the "good cop" role with the players. This is potentially an opportunity for him.

I mean he did play a big part in bringing a lot of these players in, so he should have some kind of idea how they can be used.

I'd still like someone else in on a permanent basis, but I'm happy with him for now.

On 9/15/2023 at 9:33 PM, Hurtman said:

I genuinely believe he is purposefully trying to make the fans dislike of him greater than it already is, so that he can go crying to DR and Frank saying it is witch hunt and Oldham fans are unreasonable etc etc etc

I genuinely believe that if you had stated something along the lines of "I genuinely believe that the players are purposely playing shit to get him the arse" would have carried more weight.

22 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

I genuinely believe that if you had stated something along the lines of "I genuinely believe that the players are purposely playing shit to get him the arse" would have carried more weight.

I don’t understand or is that the point?

Unfortunately he had to go. Once the dust settles he'll realise it was also for the best health wise for him, He was down, broken and clearly distressed in that last interview.

Take a break DU repair yourself and find yourself a backseat coaching role somewhere or leave football for good. I think he was a decent bloke and took and tried the wrong job for him.

Frank and the board must also repair themselves because have no doubt, they've took a beating so far this season.

I wont be there Tuesday (working away all this week), I hope the side get great backing from the stands their confidence will be rock bottom.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Wardie said:

Support will undoubtedly play a large part on Tuesday as Thompson will not be able to turn it around with a day or two of training..or even a week's worth.

I'm stating the bleedin' obvious.
I know.

l really don't see why not. just take the handbrake off and emphasize as much for a couple of days then shout it at them pre match with some buzz words about aggression passion passing and getting some shots off.

total free month for the boss here, can't lose even if they lose, as long as they lost doing all the above.

he can become a legend.

Edited by Monty Burns
getting
  • Like 1

There is a chance the handbrake will come off tomorrow, equally of course there may be more of the same.

However I was struck on Saturday by how flat the players looked during the warm up, I don't recall any smiles or laughter, the only players that looked like they were having fun were the subs who were just d1cking around. 

I didn't want to read too much into it, easy to misread, but with hindsight...

Hopefully the mood will have lifted with the manager's departure and although it's a time of uncertainty for the players as well as the fans we will get a better performance tomorrow. Can't be worse!

20 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

There is a chance the handbrake will come off tomorrow, equally of course there may be more of the same.

However I was struck on Saturday by how flat the players looked during the warm up, I don't recall any smiles or laughter, the only players that looked like they were having fun were the subs who were just d1cking around. 

I didn't want to read too much into it, easy to misread, but with hindsight...

Hopefully the mood will have lifted with the manager's departure and although it's a time of uncertainty for the players as well as the fans we will get a better performance tomorrow. Can't be worse!

There is no hiding place for these players now, they appear to have got their wish with the manager losing his job, time for them to shape up and starting showing the talent and desire many believe them to possess.

We’ll certainly find out over the next few weeks how much was actually down to Unsworth and how much was down to the players.

Unsworth was ultimately responsible because he will have no doubt been involved in the recruitment process, however, It may turn out that we have a squad of players who are not quite as good as we thought!

• Like 2

Unsworth must be totally embarrassed if he’s watched those two games.

It wasn’t rocket science and we could all see exactly what was needed.

His stubbornness and arrogance has probably prevented him ever getting another job in football…what an absolute idiot!!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

That’s not abuse as far as I’m concerned!

Must admit I thought it was a fair comment and factual, not abusive. I think 99% would agree Unsworth's intentions were honest, he just wasn't up to the job.

Edit: And if he can't learn in 12 months I think its fair to call him an idiot.

Edited by redlion
add comment
  • Like 3

idiot is defo offensive, however you want to dress it up. 

the point is almost valid but ruined at the end. if it said that what Unsworth did was idiotic then it would have a salient post. as it stands it just looks a bit like kicking a man on the floor, as Bob says.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

the point is almost valid but ruined at the end. if it said that what Unsworth did was idiotic then it would have a salient post. as it stands it just looks a bit like kicking a man on the floor, as Bob says.

According to the OED IDIOT:

Frequently derogatory. A person who speaks or acts in what the speaker considers an irrational way, or with extreme stupidity or foolishness.

So, while it is derogatory, it is not necessarily offensive.

It can be argued that Unsworth did act irrationally, stupidly and foolishly.

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Coming from you Monty……wow!😂

• Like 2

4 hours ago, redlion said:

According to the OED IDIOT:

Frequently derogatory. A person who speaks or acts in what the speaker considers an irrational way, or with extreme stupidity or foolishness.

So, while it is derogatory, it is not necessarily offensive.

It can be argued that Unsworth did act irrationally, stupidly and foolishly.

it can not be argued otherwise, he did act like an idiot.

Wordplay with Monty.

come along join the word fun from the them with barely five GCSE's to rub together!!

watch him tie knots. in himself.

seconds of fun for select, thick skinned, sweary members of the family.

just log on OWTB at any time of day and say sumat, he will be there 🙄🙄🙄