Norwood…..

51 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

He didn't look a very happy man, he was showing his frustrstion with players around him all game and like you said walked straight off at the end.

Not sure he's too impressed up to yet.

Rooney the same when here - and that didn't end well.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

He’s too good for us and needs to be playing in a decent team that provides service for him to feed off.

He looks completely frustrated and angry already and there is no way he’s here for 2 years if it carries on like this (and it will with the Evertonians in charge) 

Yep..2 bookings already 🙄

12 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

He was pissed off with Nuttall first half.

He hit a peach of a cross from the left and Nutall was sauntering into the box when he expected him to be sprinting. Had he been, Nutall would've walked into the ball. 

I do think he's on a different wavelength. Hence coming deep so often.

I've resisted criticizing Nuttall to date ( there's more than enough here and at BP ) but even allowing for his languid style one thing really stands out to me. For a forward he lacks desire.

Forwards need to sprint into the box to get on the end of things if they've a burning desire to score goals, he doesn't. They can "coast" a little during normal play but as soon as the ball gets anywhere near the penalty area need to change gear and "come to life" to create chances and score goals.

In the first half last night he trundled into the box after a pass and missed a chance at the far post from a corner when a decent centre forward would have ended up in the back of the net along with the ball and the defender !! 

Norwood is an example he should learn from.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

Last night's booking was for stupidly kicking the ball away but granted he is physical and as a result will get booked quite often I suspect.

In frustration I would think. Unsworth has sold him a vision of a team going for the title, when in reality in its present form we are nowhere near that!

On 8/16/2023 at 5:05 PM, oafc1955 said:

But he’s a good brain dead twat!!😆

Lol.

He reminds me of a young Robert Shaw.

We need Norwood as the fox in the box we have been looking for ages. I'd play Reid with him and have Fondup and Nuttall subs.

When our injuries in midfield are sorted I can see us climbing to the top 3.