Norwood…..

Just now, Dick_Valentine said:

This crossed my mind the other day. How would his teammates feel when this new guy comes in who will quite clearly be on a considerably higher salary than most of them? If they’re blanking him in the dressing room, then it’s only going one way unfortunately 

That's been an issue since the beginning of time. Listened to a podcast a while ago from one of the Blackburn players in the team who was on (from memory) £750 a week when Shearer arrived. Said his salary was astronomical in comparison but everyone recognised he deserved it as he won them the league. You'd like to think the same philosophy applied here.

3 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

This crossed my mind the other day. How would his teammates feel when this new guy comes in who will quite clearly be on a considerably higher salary than most of them? If they’re blanking him in the dressing room, then it’s only going one way unfortunately 

But that must happen all the time surely , with players on different contracts etc. 

17 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

If you started a new job and your work mates ignored you it would cast doubts on your decision.

Norwood got no service whatsoever in the penalty area where he's most efficient due to his team mates not supplying any service.

That has to change or he will soon become another Rooney.

I don't think they were ignoring him on purpose it's just that they haven't the ability to pick him out with a pass which he may have now realised. That would disappoint him I'd imagine.

30 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

If you started a new job and your work mates ignored you it would cast doubts on your decision.

Norwood got no service whatsoever in the penalty area where he's most efficient due to his team mates not supplying any service.

That has to change or he will soon become another Rooney.

If that's just in relation to Saturday's game then you must realise that's nonsense?  Every striker who has ever played has had games in which they haven't had a sniff.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

If that's just in relation to Saturday's game then you must realise that's nonsense?  Every striker who has ever played has had games in which they haven't had a sniff.

My observations have stood me well, something isn't right at this club on the field and unless there's a rethink the house of cards will fall.

Edited by BP1960

29 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

they will be buzzing bc he's a top player. did you make up the blanking him bit?

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

My observations have stood me well, something isn't right at this club on the field and unless there's a rethink the house of cards will fall.

You're basing that on 90 minutes football, it's not enough. No one ignored Norwood in the penalty box on Saturday. I can think of one occasion when Shelton failed to pick him out in the channels but that didn't seem deliberate, more unfamiliarity.

If Unsworth has lost the dressing room why on earth would Frank and Darren Royle sanction a massive signing on the eve of the new season? Doesn't make sense. 

1 minute ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Obviously as I’m not in the dressing room, I did say if. 

saying 'if' doesn't just mean you can add anything to it that's in your head at the time!!!

we cant afford shit like that burying actual verifiable facts whilst theyre available.

tomorrow that will be 'Peter Clarke is James Norwoods agent and he says the other players have frozen him out. he loves Rhino tho and rings him every day.'

when actually all the players love him but Norwood is stunned by amateur hour type training.

or its all bollocks. lets not just chuck stuff about like its the truth. we are discussing the dangers of that concurrently.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

I’m no ITK here but hear me out…

Someone who I speak to is friends with someone who works for Aldershot. He’s the same guy who told me before the fixtures were released that we played Aldershot at home 2nd game in…

The same guy was speaking to a football agent this morning about a (different) player and they got onto the subject of James Norwood.

Apparently his agent is already looking for a new club for him as he’s not happy whatsoever.

Like I said, take it as you want. Not trying to be a know-it-all here. But if there’s even an element of truth in this, something is seriously brewing internally.  Especially with the Peter Clarke training criticism rumours doing the rounds…..

Up there as one of the daftest or most poisonous posts I have read on here and there has been some beauties

Can live with a comment from Peter Clarke regarding the training regime (no documented confirmation seen by anyone of course) but a  seasoned player wanting a move from his new team after playing just 45mins for them, folk have to be very gullible to believe that

Sounds straight out of the 'Realistic Fans Group' does that 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hemel latic said:

You're basing that on 90 minutes football, it's not enough. No one ignored Norwood in the penalty box on Saturday. I can think of one occasion when Shelton failed to pick him out in the channels but that didn't seem deliberate, more unfamiliarity.

If Unsworth has lost the dressing room why on earth would Frank and Darren Royle sanction a massive signing on the eve of the new season? Doesn't make sense. 

You say 90 minutes isn’t enough time to judge which is probably true. However your next paragraph you imply Frank and Darren would know DU has lost the dressing room without any match. Seems a little inconsistent of you.

I’m guessing we all need 3 or 4 matches to form an opinion. I really hope if results remain poor that the new owner and management team don’t delay and dither in replacing the manager.

19 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Up there as one of the daftest or most poisonous posts I have read on here and there has been some beauties

Can live with a comment from Peter Clarke regarding the training regime (no documented confirmation seen by anyone of course) but a  seasoned player wanting a move from his new team after playing just 45mins for them, folk have to be very gullible to believe that

Sounds straight out of the 'Realistic Fans Group' does that 

whilst this attitude is admirable the poster doesn't really have a record for poison.

l only say this because l used to react like this when people tried to poison Abdallah early door and l was out there defending him, only to have a bit of egg on my face later.

its the type of stuff that wouldn't have been able to happen if reality didnt keep slapping hope and expectation about like a plastic bag in the wind 😔

Conor Ripley's comment 'lucky we have a game tuesday' will also be playin a massive part in all of our antsyness.

remember that time lain Dowie invented 'bouncebackability'? we best have a truck full of it if Rhino wants a tenable job by September.

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

whilst this attitude is admirable the poster doesn't really have a record for poison.

l only say this because l used to react like this when people tried to poison Abdallah early door and l was out there defending him, only to have a bit of egg on my face later.

its the type of stuff that wouldn't have been able to happen if reality didnt keep slapping hope and expectation about like a plastic bag in the wind 😔

Conor Ripley's comment 'lucky we have a game tuesday' will also be playin a massive part in all of our antsyness.

remember that time lain Dowie invented 'bouncebackability'? we best have a truck full of it if Rhino wants a tenable job by September.

Fair response Monty

I stuck with Unsy all last season and whilst the football was dreadful, I understood the need to play for points in the second half of the season

We went to Southend on Saturday and soon as we saw the starting X1 it was pretty obvious we were in for a grueller

3-5-2 without the players to play it is madness and for a former Premier League Youth Coach to play a young centre back as a wing back without any cover was shocking

For me, the Club has made some really good signings pre-season which have added substantial experience and quality to the squad, so NO EXCUSES for us not challenging for the title

Both Dan Ward and Josh Lundstram made 46 appearances for their clubs last season but have broken down already for us, which is either really bad luck or maybe something in our training methods 'rumour'

Am giving Unsy and his Coaching team 10 games (1 already wasted) to deliver attractive attacking football and at the very least the team be in the top8 after those games

If he cant deliver that, we must cut our losses

• Like 4

2 hours ago, tGWB said:

Up there as one of the daftest or most poisonous posts I have read on here and there has been some beauties. 

Agree. Whole thread reeks of “Hated what I saw Saturday. Let’s start a toxic thread full of conjecture”. Some of the try-hard shoehorning of rumours in here is laughable. We’re better than this, or are we?

• Like 2

Just now, Gaz_Oafc said:

Norwood wouldn't have even met Unsworth until yesterday would he?

l wudnt be suprised if it actually has been said but as a joke!

some barnsley fans had the impression he wanted to work with Unsworth. l obviously understand they could be the barnsley versions of ibby.

4 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

That's been an issue since the beginning of time. Listened to a podcast a while ago from one of the Blackburn players in the team who was on (from memory) £750 a week when Shearer arrived. Said his salary was astronomical in comparison but everyone recognised he deserved it as he won them the league. You'd like to think the same philosophy applied here.

Then folk get greedy and it all kicks off,

When Sutton arrived and went on more money than Shearer, that caused a rift between them,

Why can't they all be paid the same, 6 Bob a week

42 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Agree. Whole thread reeks of “Hated what I saw Saturday. Let’s start a toxic thread full of conjecture”. Some of the try-hard shoehorning of rumours in here is laughable. We’re better than this, or are we?

Give over Franky.

It’s a messages board. . . one of its primary aims is to discuss rumours/things we’ve heard. 

And yet we’ve got a poster above saying it’s ‘poison’ to post rumours.. . 

You’re saying it’s toxic. . . 

Dear me.

The only thing that’s wrong here is people’s massive over reaction to a thread on a message board. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

A friend of a friend who used to use the same chippy as John Eyre told me that Unsworth refuses to play anything but REO Speedwagon in the changing room and that the players are considering striking over it because they prefer Boston 

You didn't hear this from me

Are you sure there Is any truth in this…I mean, is it more than a feeling?

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Give over Franky.

It’s a messages board. . . one of its primary aims is to discuss rumours/things we’ve heard. 

And yet we’ve got a poster above saying it’s ‘poison’ to post rumours.. . 

You’re saying it’s toxic. . . 

Dear me.

The only thing that’s wrong here is people’s massive over reaction to a thread on a message board. 

Just an observation League One, am thinking maybe if you read my post a bit slower it might help pal

Here you go: 

"Up there as one of the daftest or most poisonous posts I have read on here and there has been some beauties"

20 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Are you sure there Is any truth in this…I mean, is it more than a feeling?

Until Green is back we really don't have anyone who can Take It On The Run but after Saturday's debacle we have to hope they'll Roll With The Changes.  Sadly, we are all doomed to Keep On Loving Them.

• Like 1