Norwood…..

I’m no ITK here but hear me out…

Someone who I speak to is friends with someone who works for Aldershot. He’s the same guy who told me before the fixtures were released that we played Aldershot at home 2nd game in…

The same guy was speaking to a football agent this morning about a (different) player and they got onto the subject of James Norwood.

Apparently his agent is already looking for a new club for him as he’s not happy whatsoever.

Like I said, take it as you want. Not trying to be a know-it-all here. But if there’s even an element of truth in this, something is seriously brewing internally.  Especially with the Peter Clarke training criticism rumours doing the rounds…..

Edited by sjk2008
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

What after literally four days since signing?!?! Surely not....

What's the story with the Peter Clarke criticism?

That Unsworth, Ebbrell et al’s training methods are abysmal and they don’t appear to have the slightest clue.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

What after literally four days since signing?!?! Surely not....

What's the story with the Peter Clarke criticism?

I'll add to the Clarke story. Heard from very reliable sources that Clarke has the current coaching structure down as worst he's ever encountered in his career...

• Like 1

I don’t know anything- but just to add to this, it’s a fact Rooney has been exiled. Fine- he’s been rumoured to trouble elsewhere. But a few people on Twitter have said the reason Reid hasn’t featured is because he’s told Unsworth about his training/tactics. 

So. . rumours about. 

Norwood

Clarke

Rooney

Reid. 

Maybe it’s all bollocks. 

Maybe some of the players are as fed up as some the fans with the style of football. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'll add to the Clarke story. Heard from very reliable sources that Clarke has the current coaching structure down as worst he's ever encountered in his career...

I trust your sources above anybody else on here, as you’re usually on the money- and to be fair the style of  football speaks volumes for what you’ve heard anyway. It’s not a stretch to believe some players aren’t happy, as a lot play like it. 

11 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I trust your sources above anybody else on here, as you’re usually on the money- and to be fair the style of  football speaks volumes for what you’ve heard anyway. It’s not a stretch to believe some players aren’t happy, as a lot play like it. 

It's not a stretch to believe at all. There's a number of little peculiar things happening such as Unsworth's bullish attitude at the fans forum when asked about signing a RB. He said (paraphrase) they had a right back and he more than happy to play Sutton there then he didn't play him in any of the friendlies in that position. It's all a bit weird......

Edited by IanMarshall's Mullet

5 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

It's not a stretch to believe at all. There's a number of little peculiar things happening such as Unsworth's bullish attitude at the fans forum when asked about signing a RB. He said (paraphrase) they had a right back and he more than happy to play Sutton there then he didn't play him in any of the friendlies in that position. It's all a bit weird......

Here’s my weird count. 

Chases Willoughby for six months - doesn’t play him. 

Says he’s happy to start with Sutton as we need to bring the youngsters through- but then signs two centres half’s blocking his progress in his natural position. Meaning he’s bringing through a centre half as a wing back. . 

Has signed two strikers with 3/4 already on the books- but hasn’t signed anybody who can really pass a ball. 

Says to the pod boys he wants fast dynamic football and on the first game of the season reverts to ultra defensive. 

Wins games last season playing 442 but doesn’t want that, so goes back to what loses him games with 352.

Rumoured player unrest. 

Says on the recent pod ‘and I’ve told the club that if anybody comes in for me I’ll be loyal’ when. . . he’s achieved the square root of fuck all and no club would be looking at him at the minute. 

I don’t think think you need to be inspector morse to read between the lines, and say that all is not well. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, League one forever said:

Here’s my weird count. 

Chases Willoughby for six months - doesn’t play him. 

Says he’s happy to start with Sutton as we need to bring the youngsters through- but then signs two centres half’s blocking his progress in his natural position. Meaning he’s bringing through a centre half as a wing back. . 

Has signed two strikers with 3/4 already on the books- but hasn’t signed anybody who can really pass a ball. 

Says to the pod boys he wants fast dynamic football and on the first game of the season reverts to ultra defensive. 

Wins games last season playing 442 but doesn’t want that, so goes back to what loses him games with 352.

Rumoured player unrest. 

Says on the recent pod ‘and I’ve told the club that if anybody comes in for me I’ll be loyal’ when. . . he’s achieved the square root of fuck all and no club would be looking at him at the minute. 

I don’t think think you need to be inspector morse to read between the lines, and say that all is not well. 

He's signed 4 strikers and apparently doesn't fancy at least 3 of them! The man needs to go.

• Like 2

Wow,

If any of this is true we're done from the off,

When I saw some of the signing's, I thought, what a statement, we're really going for it.

Ofcourse, during that moment of glee, I forgot to factor in what might happen to them under the tutelage of Unsworth and co.

We can't have an unhappy camp, surely Frank wouldn't stand for it?

we'll get to see the reaction against the shots and that should offer up all we need to know, if true

How many training sessions would Norwood have had by now? Two?

Now, I have had one job in my time when I realised by lunchtime on day two that I'd made a really bad mistake but that was because the entire company, which employed c. 160,000 people was toxic, and subsequent events proved me right, but I'm struggling to believe that happens very often.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

if even half of this is true WTF???

l gave up about halfway down down bc the track record of the posters was too worrying.

Christ fella, there’s some irony in that post.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

How many training sessions would Norwood have had by now? Two?

Now, I have had one job in my time when I realised by lunchtime on day two that I'd made a really bad mistake but that was because the entire company, which employed c. 160,000 people was toxic, and subsequent events proved me right, but I'm struggling to believe that happens very often.

If you started a new job and your work mates ignored you it would cast doubts on your decision.

Norwood got no service whatsoever in the penalty area where he's most efficient due to his team mates not supplying any service.

That has to change or he will soon become another Rooney.

• Like 1