Norwood…..

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Until Green is back we really don't have anyone who can Take It On The Run but after Saturday's debacle we have to hope they'll Roll With The Changes.  Sadly, we are all doomed to Keep On Loving Them.

I think you’re right but I just Can’t Fight This Feeling that things won’t improve

9 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Just an observation League One, am thinking maybe if you read my post a bit slower it might help pal

Here you go: 

"Up there as one of the daftest or most poisonous posts I have read on here and there has been some beauties"

So you did claim it was poisonous to post a rumour. Just as I said. 

Thanks pal. . . 😂

45 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Why can't they all be paid the same, 6 Bob a week

Because that would be communism. 😀 

I don't think people will mind someone being paid more than them if that person is delivering though it happens in all walks of life.

As for the rumour well I wouldn't Dismiss it as poisonous as one poster has put it, but I do understand that message boards and social media are places where wild innuendo rumours and conjecture run free. It could well have been an example of Chinese whispers and a poster is passing off what they have heard.

I wouldn't hold it down as the truth but I wouldn't dismiss it either.

9 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

I think you’re right but I just Can’t Fight This Feeling that things won’t improve

I doubt they will, valuable time to get a foothold up the table will be lost and there’s no real come back for the manager with 3 potentially key players out 

5 hours ago, Dick_Valentine said:

This crossed my mind the other day. How would his teammates feel when this new guy comes in who will quite clearly be on a considerably higher salary than most of them? If they’re blanking him in the dressing room, then it’s only going one way unfortunately 

If anyone else as sad as me watched the Wrexham documentary, they'll have seen Mullins was on a fair whack compared to everyone else and Wrexham did alright. 

The best players, particularly strikers, will usually earn the top bucks.

Completely at odds with peak Lemsegam when they were paying massive wages to players who were going to offer jack shit to the team. That would effect morale..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Because that would be communism. 😀 

I don't think people will mind someone being paid more than them if that person is delivering though it happens in all walks of life.

As for the rumour well I wouldn't Dismiss it as poisonous as one poster has put it, but I do understand that message boards and social media are places where wild innuendo rumours and conjecture run free. It could well have been an example of Chinese whispers and a poster is passing off what they have heard.

I wouldn't hold it down as the truth but I wouldn't dismiss it either.

I was only playing regarding the money, it simply doesn't work, because it stifles ambition, not that there's any here right now.

We need that good feeling we all though was coming, it did, burnt brightly and then fizzled out thanks to yours truly.

I seriously hope the dressing room hasn't been compromised and the player's are fully on board with getting us to where we need to be.

19 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

I was only playing regarding the money, it simply doesn't work, because it stifles ambition, not that there's any here right now.

We need that good feeling we all though was coming, it did, burnt brightly and then fizzled out thanks to yours truly.

I seriously hope the dressing room hasn't been compromised and the player's are fully on board with getting us to where we need to be.

It worked for Wrexham with Mullen

4 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Agree. Whole thread reeks of “Hated what I saw Saturday. Let’s start a toxic thread full of conjecture”. Some of the try-hard shoehorning of rumours in here is laughable. We’re better than this, or are we?

The caveats in place for em all were fine for me... I like hearing what someone's heard from an associate. 

Might have legs... Unlike your scoreboard info!

• Like 1

On 8/9/2023 at 12:24 PM, tGWB said:

Fair response Monty

I stuck with Unsy all last season and whilst the football was dreadful, I understood the need to play for points in the second half of the season

We went to Southend on Saturday and soon as we saw the starting X1 it was pretty obvious we were in for a grueller

3-5-2 without the players to play it is madness and for a former Premier League Youth Coach to play a young centre back as a wing back without any cover was shocking

For me, the Club has made some really good signings pre-season which have added substantial experience and quality to the squad, so NO EXCUSES for us not challenging for the title

Both Dan Ward and Josh Lundstram made 46 appearances for their clubs last season but have broken down already for us, which is either really bad luck or maybe something in our training methods 'rumour'

Am giving Unsy and his Coaching team 10 games (1 already wasted) to deliver attractive attacking football and at the very least the team be in the top8 after those games

If he cant deliver that, we must cut our losses

Exactly 👏👏👏👏 10 games from me as well, the formation at Southend was never gonna work made all the worse by Suttons red card.....let's see how the next few weeks to see if the team start to gel and perform

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldham57 said:

Exactly 👏👏👏👏 10 games from me as well, the formation at Southend was never gonna work made all the worse by Suttons red card.....let's see how the next few weeks to see if the team start to gel and perform

I cannot be doing with this ‘give him ten games’ malarky… if we lose the next three and perform badly then he’s got to go 😮

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I cannot be doing with this ‘give him ten games’ malarky… if we lose the next three and perform badly then he’s got to go 😮

Yes, throwing arbitrary numbers out is futile, it will be obvious when the time is right, we aren't there yet.

I don't like to see Sutton being messed about, he should be at centre back nowhere else and don't know why we signed2 more and not a right back.

He will play a lot higher than us in the future and it could become  another Harry Vaughan scenario I'm afraid 

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I don't like to see Sutton being messed about, he should be at centre back nowhere else and don't know why we signed2 more and not a right back.

He will play a lot higher than us in the future and it could become  another Harry Vaughan scenario I'm afraid 

Goes to a club 3 divisions higher and we earn a lot of money in transfer fees and add on clauses? Hopefully so. 

• Like 1