MATCH: vs Chesterfield (A) 19/08/23 - 12.30 KO

39 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

There's no harm in the players saying we'd prefer to play 20 yards higher, we'd be more comfortable moving the ball a bit quicker, good coaches should be able to take that on board.

I think those conversations do take place because that’s reasonable and fair, and not rebellion you alluded to. 

My main gripe today is that to say Chesterfield are favourites to win this league they offered nothing, they scored as a result of poor defending at the corner. When we were one nil down there was no urgency to get back into the game, we just carried on as we were. We go a goal down I want to see Unsworth have a set of balls, throw a few strikers on and go for it. Rather go down fighting than with a whimper. I'm happy with the point today against who are allegedly the favourites to win this league but I'm also not deluded to think that performance was acceptable once we went a goal down.

Edited by SpotTheBall85
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Too busy sat drinking in the garden to even notice it 

During that brief time the  earth had a breather from the shit us humans cause.

ironically we got a very, very breif taste of what we are supposed to be doing if we werent slaves to a system.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SpotTheBall85 said:

My main gripe today is that to say Chesterfield are favourites to win this league they offered nothing, they scored as a result of poor defending at the corner. When we were one nil down there was no urgency to get back into the game, we just carried on as we were. We go a goal down I want to see Unsworth have a set of balls, throw a few strikers on and go for it. Rather go down fighting than with a whimper.

did you sneak out? we didnt go down with a whimper we equalised and fans started trading blows on the pitch. it was great TV.

Just seen on Twitter two Oldham fans having a pop at Frank as he was walking out just after the “Unsworth Out” fans were bellowing out.

The pre season optimism has totally disappeared. Does the finger lie at the manager for the lack lustre displays ior was our deserved pre season optimism all a bag of make believe.

After seeing Frank get the abuse (albeit from two fans) then the Oldham fans scrapping on the pitch, plus a goalkeeping being pushed to the ground it’s all come at a head today.

I don’t know of an Oldham manager who has ever divided a fan base when all the resources have been provided.

After seeing our fans on national tv behave in that way I’m embarrassed to be associated with the club tonight.

The two fans having a pop and gesturing to Frank who has not long been through cancer and a open heart operation, hold your heads in shame.

• Like 18

8 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Just seen on Twitter two Oldham fans having a pop at Frank as he was walking out just after the “Unsworth Out” fans were bellowing out.

The pre season optimism has totally disappeared. Does the finger lie at the manager for the lack lustre displays ior was our deserved pre season optimism all a bag of make believe.

After seeing Frank get the abuse (albeit from two fans) then the Oldham fans scrapping on the pitch, plus a goalkeeping being pushed to the ground it’s all come at a head today.

I don’t know of an Oldham manager who has ever divided a fan base when all the resources have been provided.

After seeing our fans on national tv behave in that way I’m embarrassed to be associated with the club tonight.

The two fans having a pop and gesturing to Frank who has not long been through cancer and a open heart operation, hold your heads in shame.

Anyone having a pop at Frank is a c*** of the highest order. They should be ashamed of themselves

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

“Hold their heads in shame” I’d tell them do one, choose another hobby and stay away from our club 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

did you sneak out? we didnt go down with a whimper we equalised and fans started trading blows on the pitch. it was great TV.

No mate, unfortunately watching it from a sun lounger in Tenerife. Performance was shite after they scored, goal was lucky. Wouldn't say we went all out for an equaliser. If anything they looked more likely to score a second. And if I was there I would of stayed to the end but wouldn't of jumped on the pitch like the rest of the idiots.

• Like 1

All this stocking up on here and elswhere will kill the golden goose slowly but surely . I feel he will walk away if it continues and we know where that leads to .We need to be patient, yes we need midfielders who can influence the game. If thats the players out injured plus a new signing so be it . Yes we where second best today , but Chesterfield are not Wrexhan or Notts County and neither are we yet. Four games in and we are seeing this shit get fckn real people.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

It feels like we’ve entered the hysterical phase of the Unsworth out campaign. We’ve gone beyond reasonable criticism of tactics/formations to wild eyed online hysteria about every single thing to do with the club.

Im not surprised we’ve ended up here - where we’ve got loud chants and boos after 30 mins (when although we were sitting deep we were comfortable and creating as many chances as they were), sarcastic cheers when one of our player’s number goes up and now abusing Frank to his face. A guy who’s in his 70s I think, doing manual labour at the club, sinking his own cash in to turn it around from the abyss. That is as low as it gets. 

I honestly don’t know where we go from here. Clearly the club want to give the manager the tools and the time to be successful. That’s all they’re looking to do. But we have a mob who are out for blood. That’s manageable when it’s online but not so much when things like today happen. Giving someone the tools and the time doesn’t mean they have a job for life. Maybe the club feel that something like end of September is reasonable? But I don’t see how these fans will allow that unless success and style is instant and consistent. 

If they were planning 10/15 games before deciding, should they sack him now just to avoid this sort of abuse? That then puts the power in the hands of the abuser. 

It’s a right mess. But one thing is for sure - it’s not Frank’s fault. 

• Like 13

I’m glad for the point. 

But my head is absolutely scrambled with the whole thing. Our fans, the abuse to DU at the end, the fighting on the pitch between home and away fans, pushing the keeper over, booing Nuttall walking around. Baffled by it all and can’t really contextualise it at this point in time. 

• Like 1

Honeymoon period well and truly over, it'll just get worse till the clowns gone, which he will be at some stage. You can't fool the fans and whilst he continues to peddle his bullshit and blaming everyone but himself he leaves himself open to criticism, a winning machine we are not.

As for those giving Frank pelters they should be ashamed of themselves. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

I’m glad for the point. 

But my head is absolutely scrambled with the whole thing. Our fans, the abuse to DU at the end, the fighting on the pitch between home and away fans, pushing the keeper over, booing Nuttall walking around. Baffled by it all and can’t really contextualise it at this point in time. 

A noisy section of the fans have just completely lost their minds.

They've jumped from just being happy to still have a club to support to full on smacked arse, entitled whingebags.

The Rothwells would be forgiven for thinking why they bothered.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

a CLUB STATEMENT has been issued. honest my heart sank when l saw them two words together. for the briefest of breifness a red fleece flashed up. then l remembered all thats happened and l smiled. then l read it and yeah fair enough.

Hope they ban them all

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

It feels like we’ve entered the hysterical phase of the Unsworth out campaign. We’ve gone beyond reasonable criticism of tactics/formations to wild eyed online hysteria about every single thing to do with the club.

Im not surprised we’ve ended up here - where we’ve got loud chants and boos after 30 mins (when although we were sitting deep we were comfortable and creating as many chances as they were), sarcastic cheers when one of our player’s number goes up and now abusing Frank to his face. A guy who’s in his 70s I think, doing manual labour at the club, sinking his own cash in to turn it around from the abyss. That is as low as it gets. 

I honestly don’t know where we go from here. Clearly the club want to give the manager the tools and the time to be successful. That’s all they’re looking to do. But we have a mob who are out for blood. That’s manageable when it’s online but not so much when things like today happen. Giving someone the tools and the time doesn’t mean they have a job for life. Maybe the club feel that something like end of September is reasonable? But I don’t see how these fans will allow that unless success and style is instant and consistent. 

If they were planning 10/15 games before deciding, should they sack him now just to avoid this sort of abuse? That then puts the power in the hands of the abuser. 

It’s a right mess. But one thing is for sure - it’s not Frank’s fault. 

I'm not excusing it but do we know they were have a pop at him? Seemed to me as though feelings were expressed about Unsworth.

Obviously he deserves no grief.

Just now, longtimeblue said:

I'm not excusing it but do we know they were have a pop at him? Seemed to me as though feelings were expressed about Unsworth.

Obviously he deserves no grief.

Pointing fingers in his face close up telling him to get him gone or words to that effect. Others from the crowd shouting at him to sack him.