MATCH: vs Chesterfield (A) 19/08/23 - 12.30 KO

50 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Right enough of this slagging each other and Unsworth off for a few hours....let's get behind the lads and get a much needed result to avoid another piss boil!!

KYF. Come on Latics! OWTB 👏👏👏

An early goal will settle us down and quieten the partisan heathens,

As tough as it gets this one right now, can master plan get us out of this place with atleast a draw or better?

I seriously hope so, I'm going to say 1-1 and pray that I'm right 

14 hours ago, Sloshed Joe said:

What are peoples opinions on having no sub keeper on the bench?

We may be forced into it tomorrow but I find it odd. Especially as Unsworth hasn’t seemed keen to use the strength on the bench yet anyway.

Norman got rounded off his line v Aldershot - what if he’d made a challenge and got a red? Or what if he’d started v Halifax and then got this injury a few mins in instead? Hudson wasn’t named on the bench for that match so we’d be goosed.

it’s a risky tactic just to keep an extra outfielder happy with a place on the bench (who then becomes unhappy because they don’t get on the pitch anyway!!)

13 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Not a problem with it. 99% of the time doesn't really get used and because we can only have five on the bench, limits you with options.

I agree @Sloshed Joe. It's a gamble not having a sub keeper, let's hope it doesn't backfire. Four outfield subs are more than enough, the game's getting as bad as rugby union with all these substitutions. The game is/was 11 v 11. The "Premier" League rule allowing 5 subs is a joke, benefiting only the moneybags teams at the top.

Edited by Worcester Owl

6 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Attacking line up, thank god they've learnt their lesson from Southend. Willoughby on the wing?

He can play wide in a front three or in the hole as a 10, not sure I'd start both Norwood and Nuttall if it's a three but at least we don't have to watch Tollitt give the ball away for another 90 minutes. 

At the game with my dad, sister and nephew, and Luke Rothwell and Darren Royle have just been chatting with us for ages, just reinforcing how good we've got it with them.

It came up that this October will be my dad's 75th anniversary of his first ever game, and we've been offered to go in the directors' box as their guests!

We're thrilled, simple gesture I suppose but we're blown away, great start to the day, three points would top it off nicely!

• Like 18

1 minute ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Tepid start. Perfect example of why we need a new midfielder, we've got no composure. Turn possession over so easily

The whole team are giving it away.  One midfielder won't change that..

• Like 1