The Next Oldham Manager

6 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

No idea. After he was sacked everyone on here has been saying since we did really well under him. Cos he played for Joe, that'd be the problem now. 

That's the way I remember it.  Like all managers under the Lemsegams - had a bum deal.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Why would Bunn be bad?  

Why would he be good?

He's got an almost identical post playing career record as Unsworth.

If he didn't have the Latics link, there'd be riots if we appointed him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Why would he be good?

He's got an almost identical post playing career record as Unsworth.

If he didn't have the Latics link, there'd be riots if we appointed him.

The Latics link separates him from your run-of-the-mill backroom staff member, granted - but he was actually half decent here (something which Unsworth never was...) last time.  Had us on the edge of the play-offs even with The Brothers Dumb in charge... 

Just now, JoeP said:

The Latics link separates him from your run-of-the-mill backroom staff member, granted - but he was actually half decent here (something which Unsworth never was...) last time.  Had us on the edge of the play-offs even with The Brothers Dumb in charge... 

He had a terrific budget and a team with some top class loan signings, not sure he could replicate it.

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

We need fresh impetus now with a decision from the board. 

Either appoint ST and get some new players in. 

Or my preference appoint a new manager and get some new players in. 

We’re just plodding. 

Agree but still rate tommo.Today wasn't good but had we scored another of some excellent first half chances I think we could have won. Watching today  its quite clear our midfield is the problem. We just don't have the players to effect the game.Lundstam didn't look fit and he needs a partner.Thommo alluded to the same saying we need 3 more players.He also commented on the midfield.Please give him a chance and give him what he needs.He does his job from his heart and its clear he hurts as much as us when we don't win.Please back him. Give him the players he wants and let him and reders do their job for the rest of this season.A manager who previously looked good is no guarantee of success and i would back a fellow oldhamer before any body else.

10 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Agree but still rate tommo.Today wasn't good but had we scored another of some excellent first half chances I think we could have won. Watching today  its quite clear our midfield is the problem. We just don't have the players to effect the game.Lundstam didn't look fit and he needs a partner.Thommo alluded to the same saying we need 3 more players.He also commented on the midfield.Please give him a chance and give him what he needs.He does his job from his heart and its clear he hurts as much as us when we don't win.Please back him. Give him the players he wants and let him and reders do their job for the rest of this season.A manager who previously looked good is no guarantee of success and i would back a fellow oldhamer before any body else.

It would be lovely for a local manager to do well, but there’s no room sentiment.

Following the disaster with Unsworth it’s imperative this next appointment kicks us on.

There’s a case to keep him, he’s unbeaten for a start. And perhaps with a few new players he can impose what he wants.

But there’s also an argument to get someone else in. We’re getting dominated at home, and can count ourselves very lucky to get a point in the last two home games. We have no pattern of play or style. I’m not expecting that to be fully formed so quickly, but we don’t even have spells where you think - ah ok this is how he wants to play. It’s very disjointed, and I think we’re getting through games on ST likeability. That’s a worry for me. 

17 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Mentioned this on another thread, Diggle. He's saying 3 or 4 new recruits - and the time is now, new manager or not.  Him and NR know where we are weak and must surely be highlighting this to the board.

No matter who is in charge, it is clear that this squad will not get us up. Drastic action needed, starting in midfield.

• Like 4