The Next Oldham Manager

Perhaps this should be in the National League thread but seen as though there was talk of him in here...

Mike Williamson straight in at 1/6 for the MK Dons job after Graham Alexander sacked.

Odd aren't usually that short when the book first opens!

Just now, True Tic said:

Would’ve been nice for something on our website first. Although I just want him to get on with it now. 

There’s a piece in the Oldham times with Suzanne where he answers a couple of questions. 

He says, ‘the fans just need to be a patient and realise where we are, and where we want to go will take a bit of time.’ 

Having read that, I’m willing to take 4-0 on Saturday. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, League one forever said:

There’s a piece in the Oldham times with Suzanne where he answers a couple of questions. 

He says, ‘the fans just need to be a patient and realise where we are, and where we want to go will take a bit of time.’ 

😂, me too

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Has no one told him about Latics' fans?
#Mellonout :D 

I don't know why but I have a good sense of optimism about this appointment.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Just watched his presser on the official site. 

He said he needs to work with what he’s got in the building. I really hope he’s given leeway for at least right back and creative midfielder before Jan. 

l took that as brinksmanship..

49 minutes ago, Summerdeep said:

Does anyone know why Mellon left Dundee United after just one year at the helm in 2021? A ninth place finish in their first season back in the SPL doesn't seem too bad.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7159473/mellon-leave-dundee-united-premiership-safety/

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Aye, quite possibly. 

He’s not very “warm” is he, a few undertones in his interview there, “I want you to be good so don’t take how I treat you in the process” 😂. I think he’ll definitely take them to task and hope it bears fruit . 

7 minutes ago, True Tic said:

He’s not very “warm” is he, a few undertones in his interview there, “I want you to be good so don’t take how I treat you in the process” 😂. I think he’ll definitely take them to task and hope it bears fruit . 

He probably is. Just don't f about.

Had too many fake niceties with Unsworth. This will do for me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, True Tic said:

I know what you mean, but I took that as more- it’s not personal if/when I dig you out, becomes it comes from the right place.  And he was spot when he said, if players can’t hack that then they shouldn’t be playing. 

Firm but fair. 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, True Tic said:

He's Scottish, I'm married to one and she isn't very "warm" either. :D 

• Like 1