The Next Oldham Manager

13 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I mentioned this the other day, Reid might struggle when he’s asked to put a shift in as well. 

Nah

I think we have a group of good strikers but hope he sticks with Reid and Norwood for starters

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I mentioned this the other day, Reid might struggle when he’s asked to put a shift in as well. 

I don’t think our striking contingent is anywhere near as good as people make out.

If I was a betting man I would pair Norwood with Willoughby which I think could be our best option!

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

I know what you mean, but I took that as more- it’s not personal if/when I dig you out, becomes it comes from the right place.  And he was spot when he said, if players can’t hack that then they shouldn’t be playing. 

Firm but fair. 

Unsworth got hammered for that.. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I don’t think our striking contingent is anywhere near as good as people make out.

If I was a betting man I would pair Norwood with Willoughby which I think could be our best option!

If I was a betting man I'd have Reid and Norwood with Fondup Willoughby  and Nuttall on the bench

Edited by Flemboy

44 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Nah

I think we have a group of good strikers but hope he sticks with Reid and Norwood for starters

Don’t get me wrong Flem, I like Reid- because he’s fairly clinical and I agree he’d start with Norwood.  But there is a lot of times when he scores and does nothing else. (Which is fine if he scores) But a lot of managers might want more from him- and to be fair he might step up. 

Time will tell. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Unsworth got hammered for that.. 

Nope. 

He got hammered for publicly singling out a young player on his first and only appearance in his tenure. 

Which is completely different to a generic comment made in the press about what he expects from every individual in the squad. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Nope. 

He got hammered for publicly singling out a young player on his first and only appearance in his tenure. 

Which is completely different to a generic comment made in the press about what he expects from every individual in the squad. 

As @Monty Burns pointed out. That didn't happen

Just now, mcfluff1985 said:

As @Monty Burns pointed out. That didn't happen

We’ll never agree on it, which is fine. 

Did he mention his performance? Yes. 

Was it positive. No. 

Was it necessary in public in his first appearance under him? No. 

Did he play again after the comments? No. 

I’m sure Harry is laughing his cock off at the way things worked out anyway. 

8 minutes ago, League one forever said:

We’ll never agree on it, which is fine. 

Did he mention his performance? Yes. 

Was it positive. No. 

Was it necessary in public in his first appearance under him? No. 

Did he play again after the comments? No. 

I’m sure Harry is laughing his cock off at the way things worked out anyway. 

Maybe it helped harry get the move. Maybe it motivated him. Do you actually know the exact words Unsworth said?

21 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Or people just have different opinions? You of all people should know that!

nice try. opinions are fine but you cant balance your feelings and opinions with truths. its kind of like saying 'non binary' in spanish, it's just another spoke in the wheel zooming us to wipeout.

33 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Or people just have different opinions? You of all people should know that!

Opinions can be great.  Opinions based on an interpretation of actual facts are immeasurably superior.  Dogmatically held opinions based on assumptions with no factual input whatsoever are just a bit weird really.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

nice try. opinions are fine but you cant balance your feelings and opinions with truths. its kind of like saying 'non binary' in spanish, it's just another spoke in the wheel zooming us to wipeout.

You thought Sheron was MOTM on Saturday which IMO is just as nonsensical. 

Opinions though.

Anyway back on topic....🙄

We have an experienced and proven new manager in Mellon, who is better placed than anyone to get the best out of Norwood, which we havnt seen yet. I'm predicting him getting 20+ more goals from now until the end of the seson.

So with the classic new manager bounce, a sold out away following local derby this weekend and a current unbeaten in 7 run, we should piss over Rochdale on Saturday, and move into the top 7 next Tuesday night after mullering bottom of the table Fylde.

Onwards and upwards...

See how positive I'm being🙂!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

Anyway back on topic....🙄

We have an experienced and proven new manager in Mellon, who is better placed than anyone to get the best out of Norwood, which we havnt seen yet. I'm predicting him getting 20+ more goals from now until the end of the seson.

So with the classic new manager bounce, a sold out away following local derby this weekend and a current unbeaten in 7 run, we should piss over Rochdale on Saturday, and move into the top 7 next Tuesday night after mullering bottom of the table Fylde.

Onwards and upwards...

See how positive I'm being🙂!

Looking forward to revisiting this post on Weds morning next week.

18 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

biggest downvote since that city/united/whatever fan 'walked' to sheffield when Latucs played there to raise money for himself

Haha. That was a good time. Didn't he kip in the van all the way there and then just rob the money and start grifting City tickets instead. 

3 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Podcast on youtube about our new manager's philosophy and background.

Type "The truth about my management style : Micky Mellon" to see.

Sorry won't let me give link !!    🦖

The first interview part two shows MM is certainly a thinker of out of the box to enhance his football manager capabilities.  Interesting stuff.