Tuesday night, team and tatics.

53 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I don’t wish to sound antagonistic but there's been little sign thus far of him reaching the levels shown by the two names you mention. A player totally reliant on service is going to mean a radical overhaul of our midfield for starters and he needs to lose the chip on his shoulder.

43 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I am sorry if you took my post to be antagonistic, that wasn't my intention.

😂😂😂

@deyres42 has a point though, our midfield needs an overhaul, it blindingly obvious that's been the problem since last season, there's lots of graft in there but next to zero craft.

Sheron, Shelton and Ward are three peas in a pod for me, all work extremely hard but none can pass a ball, control a game or create anything worthwhile, you can afford to play one in the same team in midfield, Green and Tollitt both have qualities but neither can give you a decent 90 minutes, Green usually fades in games as they go on and Tollitt who shows glimpses of brilliance drifts in and out of games alarmingly. Gardner who is probably our best footballer in the middle of the park (not a high bar I know) needs to be wrapped in cotton wool, Dickenson has shown potential but still doesn't seem quite there and that's about it.

Lundstrum will improve us, I liked the look of him pre season but we don't know how he will come back from injury, we really should of pushed for the players highlighted on here months ago Colclough and Berry, particularly Colclough who Chesterfields top scorer with five and has also chipped in with assists, he can play either flank, proven in the division and we were crying out for his type to come in.

New man is going to demand one or two midfielders I'll almost guarantee that and he needs to be given them if the expectation is for the football to improve. You won't compete never mind win anything if three of a four man midfield is Sheron, Shelton and Ward.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

I don’t wish to sound antagonistic but there's been little sign thus far of him reaching the levels shown by the two names you mention. A player totally reliant on service is going to mean a radical overhaul of our midfield for starters and he needs to lose the chip on his shoulder.

Mate. He's proven goal scorer at every level he's played at including League One last year. Clear to everyone he's been misused and of course he needs service (as did Langstaff and Mullin).

Once we get the formula right in which he thrives in we'll see rapid progress. Of that I have no doubt.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I know you’ve had a yellow card from Matt, but come on. This is as surreal as Trump standing up and saying it’s all my fault, blame me, etc.

When you are the most reported poster and people are asking for you to be banned from the board you have to sit up and take notice.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

When you are the most reported poster and people are asking for you to be banned from the board you have to sit up and take notice.

I find it hard to believe that anyone would report you. It's not like you are abusing other posters. It should be quite easy to take some of your posts with a pinch of salt. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

@deyres42 has a point though, our midfield needs an overhaul, it blindingly obvious that's been the problem since last season, there's lots of graft in there but next to zero craft.

Sheron, Shelton and Ward are three peas in a pod for me, all work extremely hard but none can pass a ball, control a game or create anything worthwhile, you can afford to play one in the same team in midfield, Green and Tollitt both have qualities but neither can give you a decent 90 minutes, Green usually fades in games as they go on and Tollitt who shows glimpses of brilliance drifts in and out of games alarmingly. Gardner who is probably our best footballer in the middle of the park (not a high bar I know) needs to be wrapped in cotton wool, Dickenson has shown potential but still doesn't seem quite there and that's about it.

Lundstrum will improve us, I liked the look of him pre season but we don't know how he will come back from injury, we really should of pushed for the players highlighted on here months ago Colclough and Berry, particularly Colclough who Chesterfields top scorer with five and has also chipped in with assists, he can play either flank, proven in the division and we were crying out for his type to come in.

New man is going to demand one or two midfielders I'll almost guarantee that and he needs to be given them if the expectation is for the football to improve. You won't compete never mind win anything if three of a four man midfield is Sheron, Shelton and Ward.

Spot on this.

Absolutely desperate for a midfield player who can receive the ball further up the pitch and/or opposition's half, get his head up and make things happen with confidence.

Without it we're always going to be limited no matter who the manager is.

18 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

Spot on this.

Absolutely desperate for a midfield player who can receive the ball further up the pitch and/or opposition's half, get his head up and make things happen with confidence.

Without it we're always going to be limited no matter who the manager is.

Get Rooney back... :)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Strangely Rooney and Vaughan who both had ability to link play were never really fancied, one of the best I saw last season was Apter at Scunthorpe, not even sure where he is this season but he had ability to do just that.

Tranmere, hasn't played much as yet.

Conn-Clarke was the one for me, obviously not an Unsworth type player though.

2 hours ago, disjointed said:

I find it hard to believe that anyone would report you. It's not like you are abusing other posters. It should be quite easy to take some of your posts with a pinch of salt. 

Nobody should report anyone but when it's becomes overbearing, you always have to option to subtly switch them off 😉

13 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Nobody should report anyone but when it's becomes overbearing, you always have to option to subtly switch them off 😉

l reported somebody once for using my 3D name. l was in a mood and l shouldnt have done it.

l also once grassed on somebody for throwing a frozen carrot at me (🤣) l was 11, l hadnt quite learned the rulez, it was massive, frozen and drew blood!!

@latics22 remember??

lucky the teacher l grassed to laughed at me (the blood was hidden by my hair) and l learned its better to smack people in the mouth.

they are possibly my only regrets in life

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

l reported somebody once for using my 3D name. l was in a mood and l shouldnt have done it.

l also once grassed on somebody for throwing a frozen carrot at me (🤣) l was 11, l hadnt quite learned the rulez, it was massive, frozen and drew blood!!

@latics22 remember??

lucky the teacher l grassed to laughed at me (the blood was hidden by my hair) and l learned its better to smack people in the mouth.

I was on about here 😁

Can't understand anyone throwing a single carrot, 

I'd of thrown the full bag 🤣

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

@latics22 remember??

Always had you down as a ginger !  😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

🤣

ffs this is defo my own fault. the carrot was a massive fresh thing and these baddies froze it so it would hurt more if it hit. it did and it did.

l didnt cry or owt l just grassed bc my Gran told me that was what you were supposed to do. 

Where did this happen, the Bronx, Chicago in the 30's ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Where did this happen, the Bronx, Chicago in the 30's ?

yeah the baddies were either jews or itallians. all [insert racism here] to me.*

NOT TRUE 

it didnt happen in the Bronx. wait, isnt that in NY not CH and wtf are them yank abreviations l just casually used 🤮🤮

l also dont think its as funny wo using the word l wanted to use. 

bloody lefties. 

cry babies.