Tuesday night, team and tatics.

2 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Has anyone thought about the players who Unsworth wanted to offload? Will they still be unwanted, maybe get another chance or is further recruitment still on the cards, once the incumbent is in place? It's going to interesting when Lundstrum gets back on the pitch under a new manager.

The fact Unsworth alluded to more incomings & outgoings suggests there will be a few quid available if the new man wants to tinker with the squad.

It maybe that the board were unsure on Unsworth long term and everything was put on hold.

It will be interesting to see what the 1st eleven will look like with a different manager. I certainly expect the likes of Willoughby, Reid, & Tollitt to get a little more opportunities!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

It will be interesting to see how we go without Norwood Tuesday.

Don't get me wrong I'd rather have him with us than not, but having a different focal point and set up might be an improvement 

Haven’t we started a few matches without him already?

I do hope that even under Thompson the likes of Reid and Tollitt get more opportunities. It's been ridiculous that we've been playing central forwards in  wide positions instead of Tollitt. Also worth noting that Tollitt played and scored in our one victory this season (yes, I am a fan although not unaware of his defensive weaknesses). Also like it when we play Reid. Reid and Green are the only two attacking players we have with genuine pace, opposition always looks more stretched when they both play, they generally defend deeper creating more space.

And a word for Mark Shelton, deeply unloved, but I think he's finding his feet this season. Played well against Boreham Wood and some good passing in the first half on Saturday, far superior to 2023 Dan Gardner for me. 

Also just to add, sign me up to the Shaun Hobson fan club, potentially a Rolls Royce of a player, think he's going to be a good un.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

l love a striker who gets the odd red and bein suspended for totting up in september should be hugely impressive (to me) but lve not been feeling us as nasty.

certainly not top (bottom to most) of the discipline league anyway.

Most if not all Norwood's are for "gobbing off" to referees.

Just now, dannyboy55555 said:

Anyone know whats going on with Freeman? Injured or out of favour with DU?

Nobody will be out of favour from yesterday

A fresh start for every single player and an opportunity to show what they really can do when used correctly 

I hope they're chomping at the bit and ready to do what ever it takes tomorrow night, can't wait

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Nobody will be out of favour from yesterday

A fresh start for every single player and an opportunity to show what they really can do when used correctly 

I hope they're chomping at the bit and ready to do what ever it takes tomorrow night, can't wait

May depend on whether Thompson is seen as being aligned with Unsworth

58 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Think he may prove to be an expensive mistake.

We’ve been crying out for a 20+ goal striker for years….we finally get one and you think it might be a mistake.

Its up to the manager to play a style that suits his assets!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

We’ve been crying out for a 20+ goal striker for years….we finally get one and you think it might be a mistake.

Could be wrong but he comes across as a bit of a surly character, not seen much of the quality he is supposed to possess but as you rightly say it is up to the next manager to eke it out of him.

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

not seen much of the quality he is supposed to possess

TBF…the three goals he has scored displayed qualities that our other strikers just don’t have.

1st goal….In the right place at the right time and finished confidently.

2nd goal….On the shoulder of the defender took the ball from half way and beat the keeper with ease.

3rd goal…Anticipation personified, none of our other strikers (especially Nuttall) would have got anywhere near that ball against Chesterfield!

If any new manager plays to his strengths then I think we’ll have a goal scoring machine!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hemel latic said:

I do hope that even under Thompson the likes of Reid and Tollitt get more opportunities. It's been ridiculous that we've been playing central forwards in  wide positions instead of Tollitt. Also worth noting that Tollitt played and scored in our one victory this season (yes, I am a fan although not unaware of his defensive weaknesses). Also like it when we play Reid. Reid and Green are the only two attacking players we have with genuine pace, opposition always looks more stretched when they both play, they generally defend deeper creating more space.

And a word for Mark Shelton, deeply unloved, but I think he's finding his feet this season. Played well against Boreham Wood and some good passing in the first half on Saturday, far superior to 2023 Dan Gardner for me. 

Also just to add, sign me up to the Shaun Hobson fan club, potentially a Rolls Royce of a player, think he's going to be a good un.

It's all about opinions and for what it's worth I agree on Reid and Hobson but Tollitt and Shelton have been dreadful at times, particularly the latter. 

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Absolutely this. We have a serious weapon at this level which is being utilised badly. It needs fuel and service and I'm convinced with everyone on board to use this properly we'll start to see a goal output not dissimilar to Langstaff and Mullen last season. He's as good, if not better than those and should be used as such rather than this play him on his own up front bollocks.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Absolutely this. We have a serious weapon at this level which is being utilised badly. It needs fuel and service and I'm convinced with everyone on board to use this properly we'll start to see a goal output not dissimilar to Langstaff and Mullen last season. He's as good, if not better than those and should be used as such rather than this play him on his own up front bollocks.

I don’t wish to sound antagonistic but there's been little sign thus far of him reaching the levels shown by the two names you mention. A player totally reliant on service is going to mean a radical overhaul of our midfield for starters and he needs to lose the chip on his shoulder.

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I don’t wish to sound antagonistic but there's been little sign thus far of him reaching the levels shown by the two names you mention. A player totally reliant on service is going to mean a radical overhaul of our midfield for starters and he needs to lose the chip on his shoulder.

You are unreal…wind it in FFS!!!

Edited by oafc1955