Tuesday night, team and tatics.

4 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Not sure that's true. Fondop was next to him ready to tap in if Norwood didn't...

Only because he’d gone arse over tit colliding with the keeper earlier and was offside too!!😂

Edited by oafc1955

20 hours ago, disjointed said:

I find it hard to believe that anyone would report you. It's not like you are abusing other posters. It should be quite easy to take some of your posts with a pinch of salt. 

You wouldn't believe us if we told you who uses the report function the most.

On 9/17/2023 at 4:29 PM, Wardie said:

Has anyone thought about the players who Unsworth wanted to offload? Will they still be unwanted, maybe get another chance or is further recruitment still on the cards, once the incumbent is in place?

Be interesting I think Wardie.

Obvious step is to have a chat with them all- clean slate, chance to prove yourself, progress etc

Bit more complex perhaps given he has had a hand in bringing many of them in.

I guess we will know more come 8pm

16 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Top 5 in order:

Barry Owen

Barry Owen alter ego 1

Barry Owen alter ego 2

Barry Owen alter ego 3

Barry Owen alter ego 4

What do I win?

You're not far off, and you win nowt.

I'm not going to go into details, but we had several letter length emails from someone claiming to be him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Longlostfan said:

Be interesting I think Wardie.

Obvious step is to have a chat with them all- clean slate, chance to prove yourself, progress etc

Bit more complex perhaps given he has had a hand in bringing many of them in.

I guess we will know more come 8pm

Thompson has name checked both Tollitt and Hope in an OT interview ahead of tonight's game, am hoping that means they will at least be considered. Will be interesting to see how he sets up and who he picks.

I'd assumed that given no one left, or came in, in that fortnight after Unsworth said that people would leave and come in that the activity was suspended while it was decided whether he would stay or go. Would make sense to allow the new manager to make that decision. Hopefully the new manager will be asked to work largely with the existing squad for this season (give or take a couple in and a couple out) rather than ripping it up and starting again. That might give Thompson an advantage if he has a good start and he wants it.

Might be considered a bit of a shame that Rooney left shortly before this time but perhaps it had been decided all round that he wasn't a good fit. 

4 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

Thompson has name checked both Tollitt and Hope in an OT interview ahead of tonight's game, am hoping that means they will at least be considered. Will be interesting to see how he sets up and who he picks.

I'd assumed that given no one left, or came in, in that fortnight after Unsworth said that people would leave and come in that the activity was suspended while it was decided whether he would stay or go. Would make sense to allow the new manager to make that decision. Hopefully the new manager will be asked to work largely with the existing squad for this season (give or take a couple in and a couple out) rather than ripping it up and starting again. That might give Thompson an advantage if he has a good start and he wants it.

Might be considered a bit of a shame that Rooney left shortly before this time but perhaps it had been decided all round that he wasn't a good fit. 

four wingers and five strikers he has promised. lets see if he's a liar..*

With Norwood suspended it's a great chance to give Willoughby a run in his preferred position. Thompson's interview emphasised the need for getting the ball to our strikers as quickly as possible so we should see how composed Willoughby is. Nuttall to partner him.

And if ST has half a brain we'll see only one of either Shelton or Sheron in midfield. Hopefully with Gardener. My guess is:

Hudson

Sutton  Hobson  Hogan  Kitching
Green  Shelton  Gardner  Dickinson
Nuttall  Willoughby

Bench: Tollitt, Fondop, Reid, Sheron, Raglan

6 minutes ago, Le miserable1 said:

Nuttall should be nowhere near the team tonight,complete fraud of a footballer.I’d play dickens on up front before him.

You’re entitled to your opinion but what is it with the phrase ‘complete fraud’?

Whether you rate him or not, he’s our player so let’s show him some respect huh? 

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

With Norwood suspended it's a great chance to give Willoughby a run in his preferred position. Thompson's interview emphasised the need for getting the ball to our strikers as quickly as possible so we should see how composed Willoughby is. Nuttall to partner him.

And if ST has half a brain we'll see only one of either Shelton or Sheron in midfield. Hopefully with Gardener. My guess is:

Hudson

Sutton  Hobson  Hogan  Kitching
Green  Shelton  Gardner  Dickinson
Nuttall  Willoughby

Bench: Tollitt, Fondop, Reid, Sheron, Raglan

Sutton over Freeman??