Norwood

9 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He's done this before, McGahey. Played well for a few matches before eventually reverting to type. Hobson and Raglan the way forward...

Was that at this level or League 2 as I don't think he played many games for us last season?

8 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Both. He started the season last season for us, played about 7 or 8 games. The Tuesday night at Woking was particularly bad...

Shez asked him to play in that game because of injuries to other players, his back was clearly gone by that stage, poor lad could hardly move. He started 4 of our first 8 games before he was ruled out for the season. 

McGahey can play on the left where Raglan doesn't seem comfortable there. Small sample size but on the basis of the last two games McGahey is the best passer out of all our centre backs and that really adds to the team going forwards, he's a solid defender too.

Edited by Hemel latic
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

Shez asked him to play in that game because of injuries to other players, his back was clearly gone by that stage, poor lad could hardly move. He started 4 of our first 8 games before he was ruled out for the season. 

McGahey can play on the left where Raglan doesn't seem comfortable there. Small sample size but on the basis of the last two games McGahey is the best passer out of all our centre backs and that really adds to the team going forwards, he's a solid defender too.

He also looks to be a slimmer and fitter version of himself...

On 11/23/2023 at 12:27 PM, Monty Burns said:

its totally Unsworths fault. ridiculous to assemble such a squad and play it like he did.

on reflection lm glad he didnt stay on board for a full orbit around the sun.

Yes, as time rolls  on, Unsworths time here looks more and more of a disaster. No experience, and no idea.  However, Norwood looks better and better in each game. Oh, and he has found out how to smile again. 😃

• Like 1

its totally Unsworths fault. ridiculous to assemble such a squad and play it like he did.

Yes, as time rolls  on, Unsworths time here looks more and more of a disaster. No experience, and no idea.  However, Norwood looks better and better in each game. Oh, and he has found out how to smile again. 😃

• Like 1

• Like 1

• Like 1

On 11/12/2023 at 10:34 AM, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I think it is probably fair to say at this point that he has been a disappointment so far. I'm sure that's partly down to lack of service but not sure he does himself justice sometimes too. Maybe our expectations were too high, I really thought this was going to be our biggest and best signing in years. We're just a graveyard for strikers aren't we? Depressing 

Ridiculous opinion. Idiot 

Mods can we get this moron banned?

What a player. Absolutely immense on Wednesday. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Bump

8 in his last 8 3rd highest goalscorer in the league but again we have to ask ourselves what does James Norwood bring to this team?

We've had a few contenders down the years but I think this thread will upstage the legendary Wellens vs Whittaker thread.

Indeed. He’s on course to score around 25 goals this season. 
No player is beyond criticism, but those people jumping on his sometimes sour demeanour or frustration towards his team mates should reign it in and be grateful we have him at our level.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Bump

8 in his last 8 3rd highest goalscorer in the league but again we have to ask ourselves what does James Norwood bring to this team?

We've had a few contenders down the years but I think this thread will upstage the legendary Wellens vs Whittaker thread.

It won't..and I appreciate the point's being lost by some.

Fantastic stats and absolutely brilliant to have when the team are playing well.  Like yesterday.

But when the team don't play well, he's as bad as any of them - and if he and the team played well every week, we'd be top of the league, but we're not - regardless of what the individual stats say.

I want to see more performances from him like yesterday and occasionally digging us out of the shit when the team's played badly with a winner/equaliser to nick a result when we don't really deserve one.

Then I think we'd have the best player in the league...