MATCH: Altrincham (H) 28/10/23

9 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Well yes, and I say it again - I’m no fan boy - but he defo contributed yesterday with Freeman . 

Yeah, agreed. 

Him and Freeman offered the most down the right hand side since Aldershot at home, when him and Freeman played. . . 

IF Freeman can stay fit- he’s more than good enough. Green is ok, but rarely attacks the fullback and if we got an upgrade I wouldn’t be arguing. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

"Isaacs is that ball winning midfielder that every team needs"

Not according to our fans. A player like Sheron who does that is shite in half our lots eyes

I doubt any two of our fans have exactly the same views about everything about our club or it's players so it's a bit pointless randomly criticizing the views of some just because they aren't aligned with our own.:getmecoat:

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Yeah, agreed. 

Him and Freeman offered the most down the right hand side since Aldershot at home, when him and Freeman played. . . 

IF Freeman can stay fit- he’s more than good enough. Green is ok, but rarely attacks the fullback and if we got an upgrade I wouldn’t be arguing. 

Main problem I have with Green is not his ability but his desire, sometimes he just looks half arsed, won't stick a foot in where it may hurt or even be brave enough on the ball, when he's on it he would be almost unplayable at this level but he needs to be relentless and keep pouring the pressure on his fullback, he has an habit of taking his foot off the gas and looking for the easy option as opposed to asking the questions, he was isolated one on one yesterday the majority of the time but still chose to go inside or backwards which was frustrating, nobody is going to criticise a winger for being brave it's what most of us older fans were brought up on and I wish he'd just add that to his game. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Main problem I have with Green is not his ability but his desire, sometimes he just looks half arsed, won't stick a foot in where it may hurt or even be brave enough on the ball, when he's on it he would be almost unplayable at this level but he needs to be relentless and keep pouring the pressure on his fullback, he has an habit of taking his foot off the gas and looking for the easy option as opposed to asking the questions, he was isolated one on one yesterday the majority of the time but still chose to go inside or backwards which was frustrating, nobody is going to criticise a winger for being brave it's what most of us older fans were brought up on and I wish he'd just add that to his game. 

Wonder if he's carrying a bit of an injury as he's needed treatment a couple of times when he's gone down.

He does need to go at his full back when one on one a lot more but this has seemed to run throughout the team quite a bit when they look for the easy pass back or sideways rather than "have a go".

38 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I can’t remember many tough tackling wingers, and to be fair that’s not his game. I thought he put a shift in, but it was safe shift because I agree with you, he isn’t brave enough on the ball. 

So many times yesterday we had a little break on and you think go on then, beat your man. But he parries the ball, and cuts it back inside or goes back to the Freeman. By which time they’ve found their shape, and the attack has lost all its momentum. He also doesn’t give a quick one two or look to go past his man when he’s passed it on. 

But the above can be asked of him or developed. So if the budget is needed elsewhere, then I’d hope Mellon can bring him on- so he’s a more consistent threat. 

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Not according to our fans. A player like Sheron who does that is shite in half our lots eyes

When he got his contract extension most of our fans seemed to be saying it was well deserved

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

He looked tired towards the end of the game and I noticed a couple of times Freeman bypassing him straight to Reid. 

2 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Sheron is a miles better player without Shelton alongside and has scored twice since Mellon rocked up!!

• Like 3

On 10/29/2023 at 9:47 AM, mcfluff1985 said:

Need someone out wide to get crosses in. 

Both goals came from well worked passing into/close the box.... 

Wingers are too inconsistent at this level.

And our best crosser Kitchings crosses, whilst easy on the eye, rarely amount to anything.

• Like 1