MATCH: Newport County (A) 04/11/23 - FA Cup 1st round 🏆

2 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

And we’re out, This squad is absolutely shite with zero fight in them. The recruitment has been fucking disastrous, don’t know who is to blame but we are going nowhere with this bunch of spineless snowflakes.

We need to find some steel from somewhere.

I wouldn’t put it quite as strongly but I agree in general. Think playoffs is a stretch with these . 

2 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

And we’re out, This squad is absolutely shite with zero fight in them. The recruitment has been fucking disastrous, don’t know who is to blame but we are going nowhere with this bunch of spineless snowflakes.

We need to find some steel from somewhere.

The manager has to take some blame, he started Nuttall and Dickenson from the start and I doubt there's any fan who's seen them would have done that.

• Like 1

Just now, BP1960 said:

The manager has to take some blame, he started Nuttall and Dickenson from the start and I doubt there's any fan who's seen them would have done that.

It’s his fourth game in charge. Just maybe he is still assessing the squad and seeing what different players can do. I trust MM won’t be quite as apocalyptic as you seem to be getting, BP.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

The squad is packed full of weak minded, spineless players. The difference between poor, average and good in sport is significantly related to mindset. 

This squad has no mental strength. 

• Like 1

Shows that this football club is light years away from being 19th in League 2

What is the point, honestly?

Interest in the club near 0 now.

We’ve forgotten how to win consistently for about 30 years now.

Edited by GKing521

23 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

How any manager can start Nuttall having seen him play is unbelievable.

Give the guy a chance, he doesn’t know what we know!!😂

He’s only been here 3/4 weeks….he’s probably allowing everyone an opportunity whilst assessing the squad in competitive games!

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

How any manager can start Nuttall having seen him play is unbelievable.

9 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Nuttall only one who tested their keeper today and Dickenson has been decent. When he's been playing well you'd disappeared sulking

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

He’s only been here 3/4 weeks….he’s probably allowing everyone an opportunity whilst assessing the squad in competitive games!

Marc White said at the start of the season we’d finish 8th, I thought at the time “cheeky bugger”😂

1 minute ago, Ritchierich said:

8th! This lot, no fucking chance 

I was thinking 2nd or 3rd myself at the time. Not now obviously. 
I personally think there’s another rebuild for Mellon, not on the level of last year but it’s clear as each game goes by there isn’t the character throughout this current team required. I hope he has a real plan in place. 

10 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

He should have assessed Nuttall in 5 minutes.

• Like 1