Bowen97758

27 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Reading your post suggests you know Barry well. Most people who despise him haven't ever met him. Much rubbish has been written however I know him personally and whilst a lot of venom has been directed towards him much of which might be true I can tell you all he loves O.A.F.C. He may be opinionated and made errors but he would give his last breath for the Latics. So everybody just chill and amuse yourselves with his tweets. He's no longer a director but he still loves the club.

I have met him. Some years ago I raised funds for "Playershare" by selling pin badges. I never got paid for them, I can only say as I find

• Like 1

13 hours ago, diggleblue said:

Reading your post suggests you know Barry well. Most people who despise him haven't ever met him. Much rubbish has been written however I know him personally and whilst a lot of venom has been directed towards him much of which might be true I can tell you all he loves O.A.F.C. He may be opinionated and made errors but he would give his last breath for the Latics. So everybody just chill and amuse yourselves with his tweets. He's no longer a director but he still loves the club.

makes sense. he's not welcome.

13 hours ago, diggleblue said:

We all make mistakes.  The secret is not to compound them by making the same ones over and over again - and occasionally admitting to them.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

We all make mistakes.  The secret is not to compound them by making the same ones over and over again - and occasionally admitting to them.

True but I'm not sure shutting the North Stand on health and safety grounds could be seen as a mistake. More an act of vindictiveness. 

If Barry's 17 years as a director was him giving his all for the club and putting the club first I'd dread to see what his idea of half arsing it and being out for himself looks like.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

True but I'm not sure shutting the North Stand on health and safety grounds could be seen as a mistake. More an act of vindictiveness. 

If Barry's 17 years as a director was him giving his all for the club and putting the club first I'd dread to see what his idea of half arsing it and being out for himself looks like.

Plus organising a full riot squad for that dead-rubber post-relegation game.

Don't think there was much love about that day...

26 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I think this sums up Mr Owen very well. Even now, if he was to show some humility and publicly admit how many things he got wrong, that would be something. I won't hold my breath.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

If the mistake involved arrogance and a superiority complex then it's pretty much the same over and over

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

That man does not love OAFC. That man loves himself and massaging his ego. He saw OAFC as an opportunity to do this. 

If he loved the club he wouldn't be banning fans for speaking up against the club. 

He wouldn't be shitting stands down in some petty dispute. 

Very happy he is no longer involved in the club. Hopefully he never comes within 2 miles of the place. 

Unless he is in the hospital across the road* 

*for a routine check-up 

19 minutes ago, Roger Ritchie said:

That man does not love OAFC. That man loves himself and massaging his ego. He saw OAFC as an opportunity to do this. 

If he loved the club he wouldn't be banning fans for speaking up against the club. 

He wouldn't be shitting stands down in some petty dispute. 

Very happy he is no longer involved in the club. Hopefully he never comes within 2 miles of the place. 

Unless he is in the hospital across the road* 

*for a routine check-up 

BO was guilty of a few things, but I would hope defecating in the stands wasn’t one of them!!  👀

• Like 1

On 12/4/2023 at 8:34 PM, diggleblue said:

Barry talking about himself here as Diggleblue, is all very weird…

Edited by adamoafc
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Roger Ritchie said:

You've seen the way he eats them pies. 

What goes in must come out. 

Try getting your spellings correct. It's defaecating not defecating. Comes from the word faeces, unless you lot are Americans.And BTW I'm glad I'm not the real B.O.

They threw the mould away after they'd made him thank goodness.

14 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Try getting your spellings correct. It's defaecating not defecating. Comes from the word faeces, unless you lot are Americans.And BTW I'm glad I'm not the real B.O.

No it isn't.

27 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Erm, I’m afraid you are wrong.