Bowen97758

39 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

If you are using freedom of speech to defend a position on an arguement rather than reason it's a sign your losing the arguement.

If you look at the actual people who get "cancelled" on social media people like Donald Trump, Alex Jones, Katie Hopkins they are usually an extreme minority who take a point of view way past reason, logic, facts, and the truth. Not sure those people contribute much in terms of the quality to a debate.

They also probably got removed because they violated the terms and conditions of a private company. 

44 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

If you are using freedom of speech to defend a position on an arguement rather than reason it's a sign your losing the arguement.

If you look at the actual people who get "cancelled" on social media people like Donald Trump, Alex Jones, Katie Hopkins they are usually an extreme minority who take a point of view way past reason, logic, facts, and the truth. Not sure those people contribute much in terms of the quality to a debate.

I was defending myself in the post. However as much as I detest Donald Trump and a few others taking away their ability to be seen for what they are, whilst weeding out like minded cretins due to following them, we are in a worst place. They then breed underground.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

They also probably got removed because they violated the terms and conditions of a private company. 

Indeed which they willingly signed up to. People can still think and say what they like, But if you commit a point of view or even an accusation to writing or indeed to a video it takes on a different level of accountability.

9 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Not always, it's a case of shutting up other views or abuse of power.

1 hour ago, Lags said:

Or others not cancelled speaking out in defence of those who are without the right to reply. Been there and got the badge.

But the individual involved have the right of reply didn't he?  Trouble was that every time he used it his size 12 went further down his own throat.  A little knowledge and all that.

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

But the individual involved have the right of reply didn't he?  Trouble was that every time he used it his size 12 went further down his own throat.  A little knowledge and all that.

Who are you talking about Dave? 

3 minutes ago, Lags said:

Ahh right....I wasn't referring to Barry Owen. He as far as I know always had access to this MB.

Misunderstandings - part of the inevitable and untrammelled joy of social media...

On 12/4/2023 at 8:34 PM, diggleblue said:

Reading your post suggests you know Barry well. Most people who despise him haven't ever met him. Much rubbish has been written however I know him personally and whilst a lot of venom has been directed towards him much of which might be true I can tell you all he loves O.A.F.C. He may be opinionated and made errors but he would give his last breath for the Latics. So everybody just chill and amuse yourselves with his tweets. He's no longer a director but he still loves the club.

He loves OAFC? Yet his love for the club is trumped by an absolute desperation for the current owner and BoD to fail. 

• Like 1

On 1/10/2024 at 3:05 PM, kowenicki said:

Oh dear Monty. It’s not that at all. 

I make a point of not listening to Robbie Williams…(I block him) but I don’t mind if you want to subject yourself to his nonsense. I don’t think he should be blocked from all radio stations or streaming sites. 

chill countdown

3 hours ago, Stevie_J said:

He loves OAFC? Yet his love for the club is trumped by an absolute desperation for the current owner and BoD to fail. 

its fuckin hilarious l would love to point at him and laugh if l didnt have prosopagnasia and have forgotten what he looks like!!!

l'm sure somebody else will notice

On 12/2/2023 at 8:19 AM, oafc1955 said:

Is this actually Barry Owen on twitter?

He jumps on Frank & the board and gives them dogs abuse at every given opportunity.

He’s currently giving it large regarding the lack of under soil heating and how it was on the agenda under the Lemmies.

Christ……They couldn’t even maintain the pitch properly!!!!

Its complete diatribe and whether it’s him or not he wants removing pronto!!

It's not Barry. I had this discussion on Twitter a few months ago with some of the PTB lads and others. I believe it's Birkett or Multiple Account Mick Malpas. But I ended up leaning towards Birkett. Because of similar language and grammar in the tweets, along with reaction between accounts. 

4 hours ago, Canada_latic said:

It's not Barry. I had this discussion on Twitter a few months ago with some of the PTB lads and others. I believe it's Birkett or Multiple Account Mick Malpas. But I ended up leaning towards Birkett. Because of similar language and grammar in the tweets, along with reaction between accounts. 

Don’t recall this conversation but I believe from messages I’ve received from the account and others fans where the account has made reference to comments made directly to me and others previously by Barry that I believe it is him. As I believe DiggleBlue is him on here. 

7 hours ago, Canada_latic said:

The grammar is too good for Birkett.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Don’t recall this conversation but I believe from messages I’ve received from the account and others fans where the account has made reference to comments made directly to me and others previously by Barry that I believe it is him. As I believe DiggleBlue is him on here. 

Sorry Adam, it was with Will that I had the conversation with. We both looked at the tweets from the fake Barry account and ones from Birkett at the time. Where the wording and language looked very similar. Especially regarding the subject matter they were spouting about at the time. 

5 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Interesting. Just a sad old man looking from the outside in now. Like the Beatles song he's the fool on the hill.

35 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

Like the Beatles song he's the fool on the hill.

I'm pretty sure story of the titular fool on the hill is that he's misunderstood by everyone, yet he's the wisest of them all.

• Like 3