MATCH: Gateshead (H) 23/12/23 πŸŽ„

1 minute ago, L1onheartNew said:

Being serious here.

Β 

With the exception of our 3-2 over Liverpool, no one has passed the ball around with so much ease and accuracy as these guys.

Every single player is comfortable with the ball and invariably, no pass is ever wasted. No one panics in possession.

I’d love for us to play like Gateshead. Shame our fans would prefer runners.Β 

• Like 1

Just now, LightDN123 said:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Β 

Good effort.Β 
Β 

You said Sheron played well last week, now you’re enlightened again. . . I’d have more respect for your view if you weren’t as fickle as the next fan.Β 
Β 

Oh and just so you know we were 3 points behind Barcelona - sorry Gateshead before kick off.Β 

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

7 or 8 of our players offer fuck all….no desire, no movement and no idea we are almost pedestrian!!

If we somehow managed to get into the playoffs with this lot we wouldn’t go any further. We would need to rip it all up and start again.Β 
I think it would be better to build a team for a crack at it next season….this lot are miles off and I think MM knows it too!

• Like 1

Just now, League one forever said:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Β 

Good effort.Β 
Β 

You said Sheron played well last week, now you’re enlightened again. . . I’d have more respect for your view if you weren’t as fickle as the next fan.Β 
Β 

Oh and just so you know we were 3 points behind Barcelona - sorry Gateshead before kick off.Β 

Sheron played well second half last week. He also didn’t hold the centre backs hand and played further forward.Β 
Β 

Gateshead were good. We was shit: what’s fickle about that ?

Β 

You must be annoyed Norwood scored and waved his arms a bit today.Β 

9 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Being serious here.

Β 

With the exception of our 3-2 over Liverpool, no one has passed the ball around with so much ease and accuracy as these guys.

Every single player is comfortable with the ball and invariably, no pass is ever wasted. No one panics in possession.

They know where their team mates are going to run and therefore put the ball there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kev1970 said:

Everybody knows hiw they play counter it oh no just let them pass us if the park pathetic Mellons.

It was nothing to do with counter attacking. It was absolute dominance. We could not live with them at any point in that game.

They learned from their defeat to Halifax.

Just now, mcfluff1985 said:

So we need 8 or 9. Definitely not Unsys fault then?

Yeah it is, because we needed 8 or 9 when he came in- and he got them and more, but it got worse not better. So unfortunately, we can’t judge Mellon until he can get rid of his signings and sign his own players.Β 

• Like 1

We played with a flat back five and played two central defensive midfielders on the toes of our back three which left us with a front three trying to put a press on, wow are we that tactically inept that we will just surrender possession at home to fucking Gateshead, nothing in midfield McGahey is wank, laboured and predictable, Sheron next to him runs about a lot but is about as cultured as an house brick.

Β 

Fucking embarrassing performance and set up of the team, Lundstrum, Hogan, Sutton, McGahey, Stones and Norwood were fucking embarrassing, no desire - again, Moore way out of his depth and played like he'd won an half time raffle, Hudson made a worldie but can't kick for toffee which kills us.

Β 

Should of played one up front like we did at their place and tried to get our foot on the ball but we are so limited, we also got bullied all over the park from another team who wanted it more from minute one.Β 

Β 

For me they can all fuck off, absolute shower of shit, last home win in September against Oxford under Thompson, no heart, no desire and just not good enough.

Β 

MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS

• Like 8

Sheron was mostly crap last season and is mostly crap this season, same as Hogan and frankly the rest of them. Can they avoid relegation? Yes. Can they drive us into the playoffs? Not a fucking chanceΒ 

Β 

MM obviously knows it too which is why he is bringing in players and trying almost everyone in the hapless squad to see who, if any, of these clowns can actually play competitive football consistently.

Β 

He’ll soon accept it is almost none of them and given how many are contracted through next season we have a problem which we probably can’t fix for a couple of summers.

Β 

It’s a crying shame but was always going to happen when Darren Royle gave his fraud of a mate last summer to waste Frank’ money

• Like 4

Well Mellon must know now the team he inheritedΒ  is in need of change.Lets hope Mellon has seen enough.

I know we scored first but realisticallyΒ  we were never in the game.

They were well organised and passed the ball really well and accurate and cut through our defence at will .Mellon needs ast least 5 new players in who want to win games for us.

Β 

• Like 1

Shocking, played off the Park, nobody ever within 10 yards of their number 8 and Whelan running the show.Β  One day we might have a couple of players who can pass a ball like everyone they had.

Imagine Norwood getting that service he'd have scored 20 for them by now.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Yeah it is, because we needed 8 or 9 when he came in- and he got them and more, but it got worse not better. So unfortunately, we can’t judge Mellon until he can get rid of his signings and sign his own players.Β 

Yes, it’s a rebuild required which is crazy when you think what’s been invested already. Unbelievable. But it’s needed. This pattern of the odd away win followed by a loss or draw will continue and we will finish 14th or 15th. It’s bloody depressing.Β 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ritchierich said:

Sheron was mostly crap last season and is mostly crap this season, same as Hogan and frankly the rest of them. Can they avoid relegation? Yes. Can they drive us into the playoffs? Not a fucking chanceΒ 

Β 

MM obviously knows it too which is why he is bringing in players and trying almost everyone in the hapless squad to see who, if any, of these clowns can actually play competitive football consistently.

Β 

He’ll soon accept it is almost none of them and given how many are contracted through next season we have a problem which we probably can’t fix for a couple of summers.

Β 

It’s a crying shame but was always going to happen when Darren Royle gave his fraud of a mate last summer to waste Frank’ money

Sheron is back to crap again. Ha

23 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Β 

They were a class above us but let's remember we are absolute shite and make every team that comes to Boundary Park look world class..

Edited by TwistingMyMellon

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Sheron played well second half last week. He also didn’t hold the centre backs hand and played further forward.Β 
Β 

Gateshead were good. We was shit: what’s fickle about that ?

Β 

You must be annoyed Norwood scored and waved his arms a bit today.Β 

Β 

Yeah, I was fuming when he scored.πŸ˜‚

Β 

If you’re going to come on and post absolute shite, don’t get upset when you’re called on it. You’re talking generalised nonsense.Β 
Β 

It’s Christmas.Β 
Β 

Go and get a beer and chill out.Β 

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

We played with a flat back five and played two central defensive midfielders on the toes of our back three which left us with a front three trying to put a press on

Exactly....and it's the same for every home game. The press is useless if your midfield is 40 yards behind.

2 hours ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

Do we know what's happening with Ward and Dickenson please? Are they injured, or have they joined Nuttall on the list of players that we don't want any more?Β 

Β 

Β Slow and ponderous, not what we require.Β 

Happy Christmas.. I am confident Mellon knows exactly what’s required.

lets see what happens in January I am sure there will be some comings and goings.

Pity Mooney who had trained with us all week took the easy option and went back to Altrincham for a longer contract. Rumour has it.

keep the faith there no quick fixΒ