8 hours ago, Handsy said:

Is it just me  I have never liked mouldy old dough anybody else feels the same about it 

When the song came out originally I wasn’t impressed by it, but once we adopted it it became indelibly associated with home games for me. To this day when I hear it I’m transported back to Boundary Park in the 70s !

Edited by Worcester Owl

8 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Alright Lester Bangs, calm down.

Bah. I should have just said that the song is shit and they cannot sing.

For my next review, I will be taking a deep dive into ba ba black sheep where I uncover racism, capitalism and a jar of mint sauce.

• Like 3

On 12/31/2023 at 10:53 PM, Worcester Owl said:

When the song came out originally I wasn’t impressed by it, but once we adopted it it became indelibly associated with home games for me. To this day when I hear it I’m transported back to Boundary Park in the 70s !

I hate Mouldy Old Dough with a vengeance. It’s not the kind of song that makes you think “Yes! We’re going to win today”. We need something seriously heavy to impress the urgency to win on to the fans. My choice would be Gimme Shelter or Thunderstruck. Mouldy Old Diugh sounds so weedy.

6 minutes ago, The Greek said:

I hate Mouldy Old Dough with a vengeance. It’s not the kind of song that makes you think “Yes! We’re going to win today”. We need something seriously heavy to impress the urgency to win on to the fans. My choice would be Gimme Shelter or Thunderstruck. Mouldy Old Diugh sounds so weedy.

I love MOD - I regularly find myself humming it as I walk around.  It has the great advantage of consistency rather than changing to flavour of the month

• Like 6

On 12/31/2023 at 2:18 PM, Handsy said:

Is it just me  I have never liked mouldy old dough anybody else feels the same about it 

It's just our song and I love it. Reminds me of the pinch me era when the likes of Arsenal and Villa would have walked out in the midweek cup games and thought what the fuck is this!!

May benefit from a bit of digitalisation though 😁

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gentleman said:

Yep, another for the pro Mouldy Old Dough brigade. For the purpose, it's completely bizarre and ours. 

For a charitable donation I once had it played before four home games at my then local non league side.  Drew a few puzzled looks!

Just now, Londonboy said:

It's just our song and I love it. Reminds me of the pinch me era when the likes of Arsenal and Villa would have walked out in the midweek cup games and thought what the fuck is this!!

May benefit from a bit of digitalisation though 😁

And that's why it's so good - because it means something to every generation.  I think of it from the 73-4 promotion season!

Moving On Up by M People always seemed to get an airing before home games in the early 90s.

Reminds me of Latics during that period and I won't have a word said against the song...

4 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Moving On Up by M People always seemed to get an airing before home games in the early 90s.

Reminds me of Latics during that period and I won't have a word said against the song...

Which was quite apt, we may be better off playing 'Downtown' at the moment though. 

I think that the Potbelleez don't hold back would be perfect.

Guitar intro, as the players come out don't hold back vocals, then the heavy beat synth as they run onto the pitch.

Maybe excitable from Def Leppard?

As much as I hate Port Adelaide supporters, their rendition of Never Tear us Apart before the start of every home game gives me goose bumps.

10 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I love MOD - I regularly find myself humming it as I walk around.  It has the great advantage of consistency rather than changing to flavour of the month

Agreed. It’s a timeless classic in my book.

On 1/1/2024 at 2:53 AM, L1onheartNew said:

Bah. I should have just said that the song is shit and they cannot sing.

For my next review, I will be taking a deep dive into ba ba black sheep where I uncover racism, capitalism and a jar of mint sauce.

you scare me. this story is in my autobiography, but it's not out yet!!

Anyone remember buying records off Ma Dobbs from that era? well known for giving you more change than she should have because they were so expensive.

Edited by Stainrod
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Anyone remember buying records off Ma Dobbs from that era? well known for giving you more change than she should have because they were so expensive.

Yes, that brings back memories. I got most of my 1960’s 7” singles from her stall.

8 hours ago, drw1909 said:

Yes, that brings back memories. I got most of my 1960’s 7” singles from her stall.

Absolutely. Bought Dark s

Ide of the moon off her.

Music wise I always liked that Christmas song to do with the cavalry?Jona louie stop the cavalry. Standing in the chaddy end and bending our knees in sync with the music. Still do when I hear it!!

I bought my first single from Ma Dobbs.

Gudbye T Jane!

Always preferred Golden Disc. 

More choice and better rarities.

Got all my imports and Picture Discs from there.

Seem to recall its comforting smell...

1 hour ago, L1onheartNew said:

I bought my first single from Ma Dobbs.

Gudbye T Jane!

Always preferred Golden Disc. 

More choice and better rarities.

Got all my imports and Picture Discs from there.

Seem to recall its comforting smell...

And Simon's in Manchester