MATCH: Hendon (H) 13/01/24

2 minutes ago, Summerdeep said:

I've no way of following this game either through video or audio media, but from the comments here it doesn't look great. This competition is surely a golden opportunity for the club to grab some sort of glory for the season, assuming (as seems likely) that we won't be exiting this league in 2024. So you'd assume that Mellon would be putting out a line up that could demolish this opposition.

Is that the case? Are Norwood and Fondop on the field?

Edit: I'm assuming from the latest posts that we're losing....

I’m afraid that’s an incorrect assumption 

6 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Maybe that’s why he’s not been picking them ? Ffs are we gonna have a bitches meltdown on here again ? 🙄🙄

Would this be the lowest placed opposition we will have ever lost a competitive match to in our entire history? I think bad reactions may be justified. 

I don’t know if it is by the way… I’m asking. 

Edited by kowenicki

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Maybe that’s why he’s not been picking them ? Ffs are we gonna have a bitches meltdown on here again ? 🙄🙄

It seems Mellon’s leaning towards our exploits in the league, however, that side he has put out should have been more than good enough to see these part timers off! The fact we have failed to beat a team from leagues below yet again amplifies our need for new blood!!

Just now, oafc1955 said:

It seems Mellon’s leaning towards our exploits in the league, however, that side he has put out should have been more than good enough to see these part timers off! The fact we have failed to beat a team from leagues below yet again amplifies our need for new blood!!

Agreed. Bloody awful innit 😩😂

11 minutes ago, JohnG123 said:

Mellon now realises what the fans have known most of the season most of the team selected today aren’t good enough… simple …

Whatever team we put out today should be beating Hendon. . they get 200 on their gate!  It’s only a couple of levels above amateur football. 

Just now, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Not sure. Probably. 

Not great is it. 

I’m looking forward to the end of season clear out that will come regardless of if we stay in this league or not. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

And it’ll be the folk that weren’t arsed about this comp too. Life’s too short to bust blood vessels over football. 

I really wanted to focus on this cup but I'm too long in the tooth to lose my stuff over it

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

There’s a massive difference in whinging about winning 5 away games on the bounce and losing at home to a side whose pre match lunch is a meal deal on the motorway services. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

There’s a massive difference in whinging about winning 5 away games on the bounce and losing at home to a side whose pre match lunch is a meal deal on the motorway services. 

Not worth crying over imo. Yeah I would have liked to have won the whole thing. But I’d rather get promoted. Which we are still on course for. We all knew these fringers weren’t up to it. Mentally not strong enough.