MATCH: Hendon (H) 13/01/24

11 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

How he got it in the first place is a mystery.

I can only think he's saving the new man for Tuesday.

I think most of the starting eleven today aren't in Micky's long-term plans but fair play to him that he is giving them a chance to prove him wrong.

Plenty on the bench to change it if it doesn't work.

31 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I don't think it will. Of course, respect any opposition but we need to stop 'bigging' them up and let them worry about us.

The bench is a strong one..metaphorically speaking.

Weird that more subs are allowed than in the league given it's obviously a weaker competition over all

31 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I don't think it will. Of course, respect any opposition but we need to stop 'bigging' them up and let them worry about us.

The bench is a strong one..metaphorically speaking.

Weird that more subs are allowed than in the league given it's obviously a weaker competition over all

37 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Only realised this week that I'm away when that's on...

Amateur error Dave.

I’ve been avoiding play-off final dates for the last 30 years, just in case 🥴.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Lundstram looks like he's got the technical ability but it always just seems to take him 4 or 5 seconds to spot a pass or make a decision

Wouldn't be surprised if Conlon gets a run out here 

1 minute ago, St92 said:

Lundstram looks like he's got the technical ability but it always just seems to take him 4 or 5 seconds to spot a pass or make a decision

Wouldn't be surprised if Conlon gets a run out here 

Doesn't look like he's out there at HT actually so think he's coming on

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Only realised this week that I'm away when that's on...

Listening to the pod, I realised I’m running Leeds marathon on the day of the final. Least it will spur me on to finish sooner so I can get back in time!

A decidedly dull half of football. Very much looked like a team that hadn't played together before for the first 30 minutes. We did start to look a little better towards the end of the half but as BP says it's just been far too pedestrian with the ball. There's been no real danger of us conceding (Gardner's garbage defending aside). We just need to be more aggressive with the ball, quicker passing & movement, try to progress the ball a bit more.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Actually just googled it! Is the final the 12th or 4th sure they said 12 th on the pod

National league final is the 4th I know that!

• Like 1

What the fuck has happened to Lundstrum, in one spell there I counted not far off 20 consecutive back passes, that's fucking criminal against that level of opposition and I'd be dragging him off at half time along with Willoughby, Mellon can't be asking him to do that surely. 

Awful football, defence looks solid and that's about it other than Hope whose put himself about, Ward coming back to form and looks fit, rest a crock of shit. Need to get Gardner off the dead ball, fucking awful delivery.

Gardner. I’ve never been convinced but, you know, I was told…

“He’s a decent league 1 player”

“He’ll boss midfield in league 2”

”He’ll boss midfield in National league”

So, surely he will boss midfield against a southern league team!?

He’s a myth. Get rid, free up a wage. Use the funds elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

What the fuck has happened to Lundstrum, in one spell there I counted not far off 20 consecutive back passes, that's fucking criminal against that level of opposition and I'd be dragging him off at half time along with Willoughby, Mellon can't be asking him to do that surely. 

Awful football, defence looks solid and that's about it other than Hope whose put himself about, Ward coming back to form and looks fit, rest a crock of shit. Need to get Gardner off the dead ball, fucking awful delivery.

Thought walker was probably the brightest of the forwards, though that didn't take a lot of doing.

11 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Gardner. I’ve never been convinced but, you know, I was told…

“He’s a decent league 1 player”

“He’ll boss midfield in league 2”

”He’ll boss midfield in National league”

So, surely he will boss midfield against a southern league team!?

He’s a myth. Get rid, free up a wage. Use the funds elsewhere. 

He is our best midfielder on his day. I think injuries are taking their toll, unfortunately. 

Not sure it's as simple as just sacking him off and giving his wage to someone else..

Edited by JoeP

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

Not sure it's as simple as just sacking him off and giving his wage to someone else..

Would you give him another contract, if not, then it really is that simple!

• Like 2