MATCH: Woking (H) 27/01/24

49 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Another team coming to BP and playing out their skins. When are we going to figure out how to fucking deal with it?

Yes, even Mickleover and Hendon showed more determination.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Missed a huge opportunity to cement our place in the playoff zone and gain ground on the teams we can feasibly catch. This BP hoodoo needs putting to bed as soon as possible. Woking will be fucking cock-a-hoop at taking the points while our fans are left to trudge home in a sulk, again.

Yep. Big lost opportunity to gain 3 points on both Barnet and Bromley and put them under some pressure. 

And Gateshead in 8th are only 2 pts behind us with a game on hand.

Many on here are super confident of us getting on the play offs comfortably, but play like we apparently did today and we have no chance. 

30 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

That was definitely not a 'smash-and-grab.' Once again, it's another lower-ranked side outclassing us in every department. They were first to every ball, moved it more effectively, and showed a greater desire for the result - they thoroughly deserved the win.

There is a noticeable mental problem within the team that, for one reason or another, just can't get going when a supposed underdog rocks up at our ground.

Half hearted they call it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Don’t think one person has said that post match, just that it’s really frustrating- which it is. 

I’m sure we’ll bounce back. 

Without checking back because I cba but at least 2 have basically written off our chances of promotion. Daren’t even look at the twitter hashtag!!

53 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Had chances, didn’t take them. Struggling team complete a smash and grab. A tale as old as time and not an Oldham exclusive. 

Thought we looked better football wise when Fondop went off as players didn’t just look to hit it long. 

As Mellon says even after a good win “there’s still work to do”.

Other results very favourable. 

Yet Fondop played heart his out, unlike the rest including the much lauded Norwood who never competed for the ball at all.

Edited by BP1960

16 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It was the same against Ebbsfleet. We huff and puff, but just look devoid of ideas or have any zip about us. 

It’s really frustrating, but Mellon hasn’t had two poor performances in a row so I’m sure we’ll bounce back. 

I think we will too. Ebbsfleet was 2 months ago and we’ve picked up a lot of points between now and then. We have Conlon, Sachdev and Dallas now too all of which will improve us massively once up to speed. 

After ebbsfleet i felt very flat. After today I’m frustrated but still really positive about how the season will end. 

39 minutes ago, Fervid said:

Fully deserved win for Woking,  an absolute shambles at home. Not one positive to take out of that shit show. Not one of those players get above a 3/10. 

Raglan, Conlon and Fondop get a 4 each from me for at least competing.

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Yet Fondop played heart out, unlike the rest including the much lauded Norwood who never competed for the ball at all.

We passed it more when Fondop went off. I wonder whether that’s because when we’re up against it some of the players take the easier option of hitting it long to him. Or maybe that was Mellon’s instructions. Who knows?

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

I think we will too. Ebbsfleet was 2 months ago and we’ve picked up a lot of points between now and then. We have Conlon, Sachdev and Dallas now too all of which will improve us massively once up to speed. 

After ebbsfleet i felt very flat. After today I’m frustrated but still really positive about how the season will end. 

I'm not sure Sachdev will improve us dramatically, he was a lot worse than Sutton generally is today and he's not faced a decent winger yet. Jury is still out for me.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm not sure Sachdev will improve us dramatically, he was a lot worse than Sutton generally is today and he's not faced a decent winger yet. Jury is still out for me.

There have been decent glimpses though. Any young player like that is always going to take a number of games to get used to the pace of it. I think/hope we’ll have a player on our hands (temporarily) in a few games time. 

12 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Agree, looks afraid of going forward and positionally poor. As shown by Hammond you just don't get time on the ball or come up against strong competitive grown men in the under 19s.

Edited by BP1960

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Agree, looks afraid of going forward and positionally poor. As shown by Hammond you just don't get time on the ball or up against strong competitive growth men in the under 19s.

This is the problem with loaning young players from premier league clubs who’ve not had a loan before and are just used to u23s. If we’re going to do it, we have to allow them time to get up to speed. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Says something when your two centre halfs are competing for the MOM.

Not sure about Josh, he’s appearing to be “not all that”.

Stands back, second to the ball runs around in circles creating nothing. Undroppable by MM though it seems.

Not a patch on Walker for skill.

Edited by BP1960

37 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It was the same against Ebbsfleet. We huff and puff, but just look devoid of ideas or have any zip about us. 

It’s really frustrating, but Mellon hasn’t had two poor performances in a row so I’m sure we’ll bounce back. 

I think we will, the home form is awful though, needs sorting . 

2 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Think we will get stronger whilst 2nd and 3rd falter. I’m confident we will be top3 .

We won't be with with McGahey, Lundstram and Sheron in the team.

• Like 1

Just now, BP1960 said:

Seems MM is frightened of changing his away tactics. 

Why did Dallas come on so late? I guess he’s easing him in but he missed Tuesday and most of today. I know he hasn’t had much game time recently but he must have a decent level of fitness