MATCH: Woking (H) 27/01/24

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The fanboys won't want to hear this but  performances like today just reiterate why we should have been brave and gone down the progressive path.

😂😂 won 4 before today. You still up the arse of the previous owners 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I think a few will need this message board tonight to have a vent and get it out of there system it probably best to let them do it.

Good post. My God there are some Jonahs on here. It’s like a Private Fraser fan club - we’re DOOOOOOOMED!
Except we’re not. We just won 4 in a row and now today we screwed up. Somebody the other day posted that we are on the up, but will still hit the occasional banana skin, and today was one of those. We will finish in a play off spot and I am confident that MM will continue to improve this team. People need to remember that new players are still bedding in and getting used to each other. Everybody calm down, as the excellent dentist said in Django Unchained. 

In the context of the 90 mins, today was a car crash. Players looked leggy from minute 1 and everything that was good about Tuesday wasn’t there today. I’m not sure anyone really comes out of that with any credit and with a good, boisterous crowd it’s a missed opportunity to accelerate the feel good factor.

In the broader context, it’s another blip in a frustratingly inconsistent season. I think we’ll finish in the top 7 and we can expect improvements from Conlon and Dallas in particular as they get sharper but it doesn’t make today any less disappointing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Thought Hobson and Raglan played well in spells but the rest were a crock of shit.

What exactly was the plan because played more football in a hurricane on Tuesday than we did today, that cross field ball from defence to their number 4 failed from the first minute but we persisted in serving it up to the big fat pudding, weird.

New lads all struggled today and we couldn't carry them all but we were off the pace from minute one, dare I say it we missed Hogan's leadership and battling qualities. 

Lundstrum is enigma does absolutely fuck all, same for Sheron. I reckon you could count the forward passes they made today between them on one hand. Piss piss poor with the ball at their feet the pair of them.

What was wrong with Kitching today? Looked shit scared of the football, same goes for Sachdev who needs to step up markedly, not sure I've seen him go on the outside yet and even attempt to beat a man.

Walker added a bit of graft and that's about it, sick to fucking death of going to BP now and seeing us camp in with a back five or seven, has anyone got any fucking balls to serve it up to these fucking tinpot who are taking the piss out of them?. Could of been worse that if they had a striker.

Also what was Kitching doing leaning back on them shots in the first half, technique of a fucking 8 year old in front of goal.

No doubt we'll get all the 'lots of work to do' spiel post match. They probably need to get a psychologist in for some of them they are that weak.

As for McGahey if he's in that team again I'm staying in the pub, he's a donkey and should of been subbed after 20 minutes.

Mellon should take this share of responsibility for that because tactically he got it wrong, or at least didn’t adapt. 

they deliberately pushed on to stop the outlet of the wing backs which worked well on Tuesday. 

there was no need for 3xCB and he changes he made should have happened a lot sooner, even if pushing McGahey into midfield in the first half if he didn’t want to sub him,  it was obvious what was happening

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

3rd in the form table since he took over. Not sure who you have in mind who would be doing a better job?

Impossible to say if anyone would have been doing a better job but a few obvious progressive ones were Maynard, Parkinson, Williamson 

10 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The fanboys won't want to hear this but  performances like today just reiterate why we should have been brave and gone down the progressive path.

“Fanboys” 😂😂😂

You really know how to scrape a barrel, don’t you? So we shouldn’t get behind a manager who is a proven promotion winner? 
I thought @BP1960 was pretty negative with his anti-MM comments but you are in a class of your own.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Can you elaborate on this, it’s an interesting post?.

5 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

“Fanboys” 😂😂😂

You really know how to scrape a barrel, don’t you? So we shouldn’t get behind a manager who is a proven promotion winner? 
I thought @BP1960 was pretty negative with his anti-MM comments but you are in a class of your own.

You can get behind whoever you want Owlo, I certainly ain't stopping ya.

Mellon is the man 1000%

We've got to play to our strengths at home though, near on every team dominates  possession  against us and hoofball is so shit to watch.

Shame we performed so poorly, RRE was in fine voice 1st half today but had the life sucked out of them.

2 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Can you elaborate on this, it’s an interesting post?.

Sure, personally I think Mellon is quite an old school manager tactically and I would have preferred us to go in a more progressive direction.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

We won't be with with McGahey, Lundstram and Sheron in the team.

Sheron is great to have in the team so don't talk wet

51 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Sheron was just a poor, you can't regularly carry 2 players, especially when the other 8 outfield players aren't performing.

Who would you have in midfield over Sheron?

let me guess, a 15 year old from the youth or someone you saw a clip of on youtube from 17 divisions below that youve emailed the club on?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Impossible to say if anyone would have been doing a better job but a few obvious progressive ones were Maynard, Parkinson, Williamson 

In an ideal world I'd love to have someone in who had us both successful and playing attractive football, but beggars can't be choosers and Mellon was the perfect choice for the position we find ourselves in.

Just now, Guy Branston Pickle said:

In an ideal world I'd love to have someone in who had us both successful and playing attractive football, but beggars can't be choosers and Mellon was the perfect choice for the position we find ourselves in.

Well not really, we could have chosen anyone we wanted...

10 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Sure, personally I think Mellon is quite an old school manager tactically and I would have preferred us to go in a more progressive direction.

Who would have preferred?.

Just got home, and there is still steam coming from my ears.

That was bloody awful. As bad as anything in the league for the last 2 seasons.

We made football look like the most difficult game in the world to play, shambolic  doesn't come close. 

Did we have a game plan ?, if we did I have no idea what it was. We kept hoofing it upfield, for it to come straight back at us, and just like lots of other teams this season Woking absolutely passed us to death.

We just don't seem to have any players in our team, who can just pass and go, and have genuine class with the ball at their feet.

I think that double M should take a look at himself regarding the way that we set up. Having Kitching playing pretty much as a winger, and having the nightmare of all nightmares whilst doing so, whilst Walker ? who would have been  far better suited to that role sat in the dugout for most of the game.

Niether could I see any sense in playing Mc ghahe at all.

All in all, the whole team had a shocker.

Man of the match our keeper, just for the save he made when one on one with their striker.

Well done Woking, you were way better than us.

Edited by 100milesaway
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Well not really, we could have chosen anyone we wanted...

Just like we did with Unsworth, which went spectacularly

If the choice is someone with 5 promotions on their CV, or a guy who's done alright at Altrincham, you'll forgive me for preferring the former 

Edited by Guy Branston Pickle