MATCH: Woking (H) 27/01/24

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Stands back, second to the ball runs around on circles creating nothing. Undroppable by MM though it seems.

Not a patch on Walker for skill.

Spot on BP, I noticed that today it like he needs a rocket up his ass, he just goes through the motions.

Hobson reminds me of Fitz Hall, enjoy him whilst we have him as he is a bloody good footballer.

Bad day at the office but it’s a blip, dare I say it but we missed Hogans leadership qualities today.

5 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Why did Dallas come on so late? I guess he’s easing him in but he missed Tuesday and most of today. I know he hasn’t had much game time recently but he must have a decent level of fitness 

He hasn’t played much football and to be fair that team on paper should have dispatched Woking. I knew that result was coming today, what really gets me is that we never got behind them or caused them problems.

I don’t know what Josh adds to the team, he’s so one dimensional, doesn’t get stuck in, hasn’t a pass in him and ball watches.

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

Exactly this. I just think too many are searching for proof we won’t go up. Self preservation so hopes aren’t dashed like they have been over the last 3 decades?

We will finish in the top 7 so will have a shot at it. Plenty of time left to improve more in the areas we need to. And we have the manager and plenty of players in the squad who’ve done it before. Most other fans have experienced lots of promotion seasons so will know that it’s never perfect and bad games do happen. 

Too many poor performances today but if you add Conlon to the team that finished the game then I think that could be quite an exciting forward line. And even with that lower level of performance we still created chances. 

I think a few will need this message board tonight to have a vent and get it out of there system it probably best to let them do it.

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I think a few will need this message board tonight to have a vent and get it out of there system it probably best to let them do it.

I don’t think it’s venting, that was my 4th match this year and we on this board seem to be reasonable on what we see.

I knew when Conlon was subbed that was that, we had no one to grab the game by the scruff of the neck. Josh hasn’t a tackle in him and unfortunately can’t pick a pass or dictate play.

7 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I’m just trying to enjoy our first promotion season in 33 years, not just the final whistle at Wembley. Even the bad days!

😀

21 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Spot on BP, I noticed that today it like he needs a rocket up his ass, he just goes through the motions.

Hobson reminds me of Fitz Hall, enjoy him whilst we have him as he is a bloody good footballer.

Bad day at the office but it’s a blip, dare I say it but we missed Hogans leadership qualities today.

He's cruising and physically he struggles to compete, he didn't win an header all match. Positionally questions as well, he certainly no wing back as his default is to go backwards not push on, still early days mind but he's a million miles away at the minute.

13 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Or alternatively we can just contribute by posting what we've seen today on the Woking match thread, novel idea I know but it may catch on.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Why did we keep going long. Their centre half won every single ball. 

Staggered when they came out second half and continued with the exact same tactic, that big pudding (No 4) probably couldn't believe his luck. It was bread and butter for him.

20 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

He hasn’t played much football and to be fair that team on paper should have dispatched Woking. I knew that result was coming today, what really gets me is that we never got behind them or caused them problems.

I don’t know what Josh adds to the team, he’s so one dimensional, doesn’t get stuck in, hasn’t a pass in him and ball watches.

True. Re Lundstram , he looked good on Tuesday with Conlon. 

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

He does nothing though, obviously there's a player in there but it's just not happened for him.

The entire midfield did nothing, granted its difficult when the ball is just flying over your head but I suppose someone has to be singled out. 

Yeah he hasn't lived up to expectations has he, I can't really tell what kind of midfielder he's supposed to be. I'm hoping as Conon starts to bed in it helps to improve Lundstram's performances too (I missed Tuesday but believe he had a good game). He was anonymous today though. The constant diagonals didn't help though 

Edited by Guy Branston Pickle

2 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Looks like Lundstram is the latest boo boy. 

He’s not, it’s just an observation that he isn’t really contributing anything to which is a vital role within the team.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Problem is when Hogan is back its still a back 5.

6 minutes ago, disjointed said:

The entire midfield did nothing, granted its difficult when the ball is just flying over your head but I suppose someone has to be singled out. 

Sheron was just a poor, you can't regularly carry 2 players, especially when the other 8 outfield players aren't performing.

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Problem is when Hogan is back its still a back 5.

I would disagree. On Tuesday when we had the ball the central 3 were 15 to 20 yards wider than today and therefore the full backs 20 yards further forward. Hogan also made runs into the opposite half which McGahey didn't do.

I just don't get what the midfield are asked to do in games like today.  They don't press out of possession and they don't drive forward when we have the ball (let alone shoot from range).  They just seem to get the ball and try and get it wide (where any attacking threat inevitably breaks down).  It won't be popular, but I'd like to see Green back - at least he tends to get crosses in and score the odd goal out wide.

Can't complain too much about Norwood's contribution on a "bad day" today - he went to left back at one  to get the ball and drive forward.  Fair play.

Edited by JoeP

4 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Can't complain too much about Norwood's contribution on a "bad day" today - he went to left back at one  to get the ball and drive forward.  Fair play.

When you're seeing Norwood bursting out of defence down the left flank you know it's all gone out the window.

Players today played like in the Corney years when they'd not been payed.

• Like 1

Sheron might keep his place, Hammond looks absolutely shit. Looked an absolute raffle winner when he came on. 

Kept lumping it to there number 4 who looked like a builder. Only started passing it around when they sat in, but it’s easy to knock it around at that stage. 

Shoving Norwood on the right and continuously lumping it to Fondop was

strange.

Kitching must have gone out with Reid last night, shambolic performance. 

Sheron, absolutely shit as always. Made me laugh when a simple 5 yard pass was played into him, he missed controlled it and then made a last ditch tackle which the fans applauded. He just runs and corrects his own mistakes, shite. 

No idea what’s wrong with Lundstram.

Yet to see the new rb beat a man on the outside, his not so long, long throw is bizarre. 

Walker and Dallas had a go when they came on, but nothing was working. 

Put it down to a bad day at the office. But I left the house and said, can’t wait for a 1-0 loss as we are playing a team in the relegation zone at home. I was proved right and that has to change.

Raglan, Hobson and Hudson only players to come out of that with credit. 

Need Conlon and Dallas fit ASAP. 

No need to panic, onto the next one. 

7 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I just don't get what the midfield are asked to do in games like today.  They don't press out of possession and they don't drive forward when we have the ball.  They just seem to get the ball and try and get it wide (where any attacking threat inevitably breaks down).  It won't be popular, but I'd like to see Green back - at least he tends to get crosses in and score the odd goal out wide.

I don’t mind Green, at least he takes his man on. Defenders at this level hate that. 

• Like 1