MATCH: Woking (H) 27/01/24

1 hour ago, OneSizeFitz said:

I think it's probably because McGahey is better at football than Sutton. 

Are you sure, based on that McGahey offers nothing.

Back to the flat back seven, hoof ball and hope Norwood or Fondop can create something out of the crumbs.

Yet again slow and ponderous and a team overloads the midfield because they know we won't show any urgency, Woking playing two at the back at times.

Lundstrum anonymous again, Sachdev and Kitching have struggled against two midgets, Mcghahey offering nothing other than aimless punts. Conlon playing in the back 5. 

Sheron doing some terrific tackling and pressing but given them the ball straight back.

Frustrating first half where you could probably sub half a dozen of them.

Edited by yarddog73
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GKing521 said:

Unsure what the game plan is here. Don't think the players know what it is as well.

That is my take on it too.

They are playing the game we play when we play well when we don't have the ball. High, fast pressing. Harrass the opposition into a mistake then move forward. 

For some reason, we have no midfield.

Lundstram and Sheron are playing too far up the pitch and conlon is too deep.

Need a link in the middle.

19 minutes ago, Summerdeep said:

Seem to be really struggling here. Probably ought to be a couple of goals down to judge from the commentary.

It’s been an even game. If you judge only off the commentary we really struggle in every game.

And as I type we concede another set piece! Work to do as we’ve not been very lively. Need something to spark us off. 

We’re still shit aren’t we? No surprise really as the same half arsed weak minded players are all still there. It needs completely overhauling and unlikely MM can do that this season.

I know we’re still solidly in the playoffs but can anyone seriously see this lot battling their way through 3 “cup finals”? Not a feckin chance 🤣

On 1/26/2024 at 9:38 AM, GlossopLatic said:

1-0 defeat and some hystetical douche coming on here saying they hope they never see any of the current squad play for us ever again

I did warn everybody

1 minute ago, Ritchierich said:

We’re still shit aren’t we? No surprise really as the same half arsed weak minded players are all still there. It needs completely overhauling and unlikely MM can do that this season.

I know we’re still solidly in the playoffs but can anyone seriously see this lot battling their way through 3 “cup finals”? Not a feckin chance 🤣

And as predicted someone stepped up to the plate

In other news Bromley and Barnet both losing.....

• Like 1

Had chances, didn’t take them. Struggling team complete a smash and grab. A tale as old as time and not an Oldham exclusive. 

Thought we looked better football wise when Fondop went off as players didn’t just look to hit it long. 

As Mellon says even after a good win “there’s still work to do”.

Other results very favourable. 

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Had chances, didn’t take them. Struggling team complete a smash and grab. A tale as old as time and not an Oldham exclusive. 

Thought we looked better football wise when Fondop went off as players didn’t just look to hit it long. 

As Mellon says even after a good win “there’s still work to do”.

Other results very favourable. 

Disagree with the smash and grab. 

Woking earned that win and were simply better than us.

Agree with the favourable results.

Had the chance to go fourth.

• Like 1

Missed a huge opportunity to cement our place in the playoff zone and gain ground on the teams we can feasibly catch. This BP hoodoo needs putting to bed as soon as possible. Woking will be fucking cock-a-hoop at taking the points while our fans are left to trudge home in a sulk, again.

1 minute ago, L1onheartNew said:

Disagree with the smash and grab. 

Woking earned that win and were simply better than us.

Agree with the favourable results.

Had the chance to go fourth.

I thought it was an even first half but after they got the goal they mostly sat in. 

They upped their game presumably compared to how they normally play. Fair play to them. No massive arguments about the result. But if we’d hit the target more in the first half we may have got the first goal which would have changed things. 

• Like 1

Apart fom starting McGahey, the real problem is Lundstram and Sheron in midfield who create nothing.

The  new right back loanee is no improvement on Sutton.

Needs a creative MC brought in now.

Walker and Dallas at least showed some skill.