MATCH: Woking (H) 27/01/24

10 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Norwood should get 6...

8 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

1-0 defeat and some hystetical douche coming on here saying they hope they never see any of the current squad play for us ever again

On recent form, we are favourites. Woking currently in the bottom four and don’t score many.

As long as MM can keep the players grounded and disciplined on the pitch we should win.

An early goal would be nice lads👍

43 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

1-0 defeat and some hystetical douche coming on here saying they hope they never see any of the current squad play for us ever again

On a more serious note I'm expecting them to come here dig in get men behind the ball and make it ugly we've struggled a couple of times with that this season it will be a test. We've beaten Barnet twice by Barnet playing a high line and Norwood and Fondop getting in behind them and terrorising them we might not probably won't get that space in behind them tomorrow it might require abit more guile and quite abit more patience to break them down.

It's convict day today and a public holiday. It feels like Saturday so imagine my shock when I could not find any fixtures being streamed at 1am.

Reminded me of Monty's post, "just as the world's about to end, Latics get good"

I thought the world had ended.

Anyhoo, back on track.

6-1

Norwood 3

Dallas two late ones and Conlon with the other.

Mcgoo og for them.

Thought this may have been on National league TV with it being an FA Cup weekend. Shame it's not for us who can't get to the game. 

Need to back up the decent performance and result against Barnet with another win against a bang out of form team.  

49 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

On a more serious note I'm expecting them to come here dig in get men behind the ball and make it ugly we've struggled a couple of times with that this season it will be a test. We've beaten Barnet twice by Barnet playing a high line and Norwood and Fondop getting in behind them and terrorising them we might not probably won't get that space in behind them tomorrow it might require abit more guile and quite abit more patience to break them down.

More reason for doing away with the defensive formation at home then, I'd be sacrificing a centrehalf and putting another attacking minded player in there, give Woking the problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

More reason for doing away with the defensive formation at home then, I'd be sacrificing a centrehalf and putting another attacking minded player in there, give Woking the problem.

Splitting hairs abit here from me but 3-5-2 isn't necessarily a defensive formation as such it's just that we've often played a midfield that is more defensive minded with 3 defenders 2 wing backs in Sutton and Kitching and Mcgahey in the centre it has at times asked abit too much of Lundstrum to do the creating who I think is more a box to box midfielder than a creative one. Now we have Conlon in there I'm a little more confident on our ability to make chances

If Hogan is suspended we could well go to 4 at the back and potentially bring on either Dallas or Walker or maybe bring both in and move Fondop to the bench and go 4-3-3. 

The important thing is we have options 

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, OAFC Blues said:

So if we win, will that be 5 in a row (in the league)? When was the last time we did that? 

August 2008 under Shez v1.

26/4/08 Cheltenham H 2-1 

3/5/08 Crewe H 4-1

9/8/08 Millwall H 4-3

16/8/08 Leeds A 2-0

23/8/08 Cheltenham H 4-0

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Splitting hairs abit here from me but 3-5-2 isn't necessarily a defensive formation as such it's just that we've often played a midfield that is more defensive minded with 3 defenders 2 wing backs in Sutton and Kitching and Mcgahey in the centre it has at times asked abit too much of Lundstrum to do the creating who I think is more a box to box midfielder than a creative one. Now we have Conlon in there I'm a little more confident on our ability to make chances

If Hogan is suspended we could well go to 4 at the back and potentially bring on either Dallas or Walker or maybe bring both in and move Fondop to the bench and go 4-3-3. 

The important thing is we have options 

I suspect he may keep the team more or less as it was against Barnet but with Dallas on the bench and McGahey in place of Hogan. I still don't expect Dallas is 100% match fit and may benefit more from 30-40 minutes off the bench before he starts.

3 hours ago, South West Blue said:

Thought this may have been on National league TV with it being an FA Cup weekend. Shame it's not for us who can't get to the game. 

Need to back up the decent performance and result against Barnet with another win against a bang out of form team.  

Proton VPN is free to use

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I suspect he may keep the team more or less as it was against Barnet but with Dallas on the bench and McGahey in place of Hogan. I still don't expect Dallas is 100% match fit and may benefit more from 30-40 minutes off the bench before he starts.

MM said expect changes / subs. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Or that the season is over. Despite us still being in the playoffs

• Like 1

Mellon gives a hint that some of the new signings may not yet be up to a Tuesday/Saturday schedule in his presser. That might mean that Sachdev and maybe Conlon are not risked tomorrow, could see Sutton and maybe Gardner reintroduced maybe?.

Dallas appears to be good to go though so that's good news.

He also confirms Hogan misses 2 games for his 10 bookings. Bad time to miss two in my opinion, particularly as he had been in such good form.

I think both Sadchev and Conlon will start and get around an hour.

Id have Sutton in for the suspended Hogan - I don’t want McGahey anywhere near the starting XI.

Id also play Dallas over Fondop - not because I’ve not been impressed with Fondop lately, but he’s better with the ball and Woking will likely sit back.

I think we have much more about us after bringing the latest additions in, Lundstram looked a different player on Tuesday, and I think with the likes of Sadchev, Kitching, Conlon, Lundstram, Norwood & Dallas on the pitch, we should be better equipped to deal with these low blocks that have been our Achilles heel ever since we’ve been down here.

• Like 1

Anyone think he may revert to 433? He may think it a perfect opportunity to change with Hogan banned, and with the new signings we may now be equipped to do so. I think that may be his preferred formation long term. Or do we think he’ll stick to whats been working recently?

A 433 option could be:
Hudson

Sadchev

Raglan

Hobson

Kitching

Sheron

Conlon

Lundstram

Walker

Dallas

Norwood

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Nothing can stop the 5PM train, the only question is whether or not the title can still be won.

I’ve never known you to be so positive Leesy. Rather refreshing.

(There’s more chance of us going down than winning the league though. They’re probs gonna get 110 points!)

One more thing…

Its a cracking opportunity for us tomorrow to really cement our position in the playoffs.

Aldershot (9th) vs Rochdale (7th)

Altrincham (6th) vs Eastleigh (11th)

Gateshead (10th) vs Barney (3rd)

Southend who are certainly dark horses for me also travel to Chesterfield. Bromley travel to Fylde and I fancy Fylde to get something there.

12 hours ago, daniel said:

Anyone think he may revert to 433? He may think it a perfect opportunity to change with Hogan banned, and with the new signings we may now be equipped to do so. I think that may be his preferred formation long term. Or do we think he’ll stick to whats been working recently?

A 433 option could be:
Hudson

Sadchev

Raglan

Hobson

Kitching

Sheron

Conlon

Lundstram

Walker

Dallas

Norwood