MATCH: Ebbsfleet (A) 03/02/24

Just got back really dissapointed with that. First time I’m feeling we won’t get the play offs this league is bad only one good team.

Mellon needs to get his finger out and get this lot sorted.

Not much e being created from open play

• Like 1

10 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

It was difficult to see where Dallas fit in when he came on, I was trying to pick him out but the game just seemed to pass him by, I hardly heard his name. It's difficult when you watch it on the telly particularly if the midfield is being largely bypassed. 

The subs were strange. He went like for like on all of them - Green came on at wing back, Dallas a straight swap for Sheron and Fondop for Norwood. Disappointing from Mellon - thought he was a bit more savvy than that...

25 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The subs were strange. He went like for like on all of them - Green came on at wing back, Dallas a straight swap for Sheron and Fondop for Norwood. Disappointing from Mellon - thought he was a bit more savvy than that...

I'm confused. Surely Sheron and Dallas aren't the same player? And he had no choice really re Norwood/Fondop

7 hours ago, hollandspies said:

MM’s 2.29 minute interview on the official bore all the hallmarks of < please insert > 

in a nutshell:

“we battled - clean sheet - odd time to play -  lots to work on - we move on - poor passing - gave ball away cheaply - made wrong decisions”

Sort it Mickey, because it’s depressingly familiar and simply not good enough 😱

• Like 1

Dallas came on to play behind the front 2. He signalled as much to Norwood or Garner. That’s why he dropped into midfield when out of possession. 

It was a really positive start, then after about 10/15 minutes they came back into it and after that we struggled to get anything going. An early goal seems to be much needed for us as we drift if we don’t get it. 

Against Barnet, Conlon seemed to come get the ball all the time. But since then he’s not done that so much. Not sure if he’s being marked out of it? 

To add a bit of realism, we have just signed a number of players so it is understandable that it could take time for them all to gel. 

Gained a point on Bromley and we have 10 days to work on how we play with the new lads before the next game. I’m not giving up on the season yet!

I’d bring Hogan in for McGahey and have Dallas and Garner up front. 352. I don’t think it’s fair on any of the 3 main cbs to leave them out to move to a back 4. Maybe bring Hammond into the midfield in place of Sheron. 

Try and get a settled side now once the new faces are up to speed and pick up those 2 points per game for the rest of the season and be comfortably in the play offs. 

10 hours ago, JoeP said:

Really?  He's done it a few times this season.  And did it again later in the game just before he got injured.  We'd be stuffed without him though, etc..

Fondop's not the mega-money signing that Norwood is, or someone who comes with the same high pedigree but is the only striker we have that gets involved and tries to make things happen when things aren't working.

If in Dallas and Garner, we've just signed another couple of Norwoods who just want everything on a plate, I think we might be a bit fucked...

How does Norwood want everything on a plate? His one on one in the first half was completely his own making. 

22 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Dallas came on to play behind the front 2. He signalled as much to Norwood or Garner. That’s why he dropped into midfield when out of possession. 

It was a really positive start, then after about 10/15 minutes they came back into it and after that we struggled to get anything going. An early goal seems to be much needed for us as we drift if we don’t get it. 

Against Barnet, Conlon seemed to come get the ball all the time. But since then he’s not done that so much. Not sure if he’s being marked out of it? 

To add a bit of realism, we have just signed a number of players so it is understandable that it could take time for them all to gel. 

Gained a point on Bromley and we have 10 days to work on how we play with the new lads before the next game. I’m not giving up on the season yet!

I’d bring Hogan in for McGahey and have Dallas and Garner up front. 352. I don’t think it’s fair on any of the 3 main cbs to leave them out to move to a back 4. Maybe bring Hammond into the midfield in place of Sheron. 

Try and get a settled side now once the new faces are up to speed and pick up those 2 points per game for the rest of the season and be comfortably in the play offs. 

Thats what I call “putting a positive spin” on it! 👍

I think we need to bin the 3-5-2. The three in the middle are not creative enough. Lundstram is not cutting it for me. Goes hiding and does next to nothing. Pretty poor from a centre midfielder not to have a goal yet.

If you mark Kitching out of the game we offer no creativity.

1 minute ago, BradKnowles1 said:

I think we need to bin the 3-5-2. The three in the middle are not creative enough. Lundstram is not cutting it for me. Goes hiding and does next to nothing. Pretty poor from a centre midfielder not to have a goal yet.

I’d like to see what Hammond could add to that midfield. Him and Lundstram could allow Conlon to get on the ball further forward. I like Sheron’s commitment but we need another player in there who is comfortable on the ball. If we can crack that midfield 3 then we can change between 3 and 2 cbs. But until we do that I don’t think it would make much difference. And I don’t think taking one of them out and playing 442 is an option. 

4 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

4-4-2 there isn't anyone obvious to play left midfield.

4-3-3 means Dallas and Garner either both don't start or one/both play as wide forwards.

18 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Were both in the first half? Was just thinking of the first one. 

There was one in the second, when he got injured I think.

I think the first one was a defensive cock-up.

I sure as fuck aren't looking back through the "highlights" to find out, but I just think Fondop puts himself about a bit more and is more of a target to hit when we're struggling, if lacking the finishing skills of Norwood...

23 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Wasn't he one on one when his hamstring went?

Yes. I was just highlighting an example with that first one of him making something happen rather than waiting for it on a plate. 

I don't think TNT will be in any rush to show us again after that snoozefest. No goals from open play in 3 games , 2 at home and 2 against teams in the bottom 4 , is little short of pathetic. It looks to me the problem is the very defensive formation and the failure of midfield to create chances or dominate possession . Abandon the 5 at the back , and go to 4-4-2 . The division is terrible , Boreham Wood in 2nd haven't won in 5 ! I think the defence is ok , they appear to me to get caught a  bit flat footed when trying to play offside. I think he should have brought Hammond on yesterday .  The  previous manager would have been tore to shreds for the last 2 inept displays , time to go the attack ,and try to win 4-2 , 3-2 . My daughter looked absolutely gutted after yesterdays display , and is normally very upbeat about the team.  Let's succeed or fail going for it , not this drivel.