MATCH: Ebbsfleet (A) 03/02/24

18 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

I have been panned, constantly on here for saying we’re at this level for a while. 

Have you all woken up now?

Fuck me you're right mate. I've been thinking we're heading towards the Premier League as well. I feel a bit silly now.

• Like 3

Performance was shite...

But I can't be arsed reading the same old tediously boring shite spouted by the same few posters on here so I'm logging off and going for a beer.

Night all x

• Like 3

Don't know what the hell is wrong, but something will probably rear its ugly head very soon to tell us.

The team look to have no style of play, and no match day plan of how to attack and make the other team defend.

We have no idea of how to apply pressure to other defences. Plus our transition from defence to attack is non existent.

We have an unhealthy knack of making EVERY team we play look good. Not sure how this is going to pan out, but it won't be good.

We should be signing dynamic young players, but  it looks like some are here on past reputation and well  past their best, on  big wages for a non league club too.

The one player who has a bit of go about him, Walker, hasn't even started a league game.

8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It will be the same post match interview..a work in progress.

Well he's signed 6 players (won't start 3 of them) and it's going backwards.

Yep he's gone for quantity over quality - we needed a couple of game changers.

1 minute ago, mick26 said:

Yep he's gone for quantity over quality - we needed a couple of game changers.

This is what I don’t understand. We literally needed a couple of players, namely a right back and a couple of central midfielders. 

Conlon, Dallas, Sanchdev look unfit. 

Hammond looks crap. Garner not needed. Walker can’t get a sniff. 

What’s going on ? 

How on earth have we been kicked out of the playoffs after playing two shite teams in the bottom four, Mellon needs to question himself to why he keeps playing so negative against relegation threaten teams! Pathetic..

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

We should be signing dynamic young players, but  it looks like some are here on past reputation and well  past their best, on  big wages for a non league club too.

The one player who has a bit of go about him, Walker, hasn't even started a league game.

That Cissé lad looks alright. Only 32 as well. I've emailed Micky.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Mellon sounding like Unsworth now 🤷‍♂️

He's frightened of conceding goals, and it rubs off on all the team. That IMO sums up the 712 tactic we have to suffer watching.

Because he has 6 centre backs he thinks he must play 3, even 4 of them.

My advice 442 attacking, but his head is in the sand and he wont do it.

Edited by BP1960

If you could see something building then that’d be OK but can anyone see what the actual plan is?

Results have improved but the football clearly hasn’t 

I see a totally ineffective midfield where week after week the gap between them and the strikers is huge.

Players have left and players have come in and nothing whatsoever has changed.

It’s very early days but if I was running this football club I’d certainly be asking Mr Mellon some searching questions.

Anybody else slightly concerned?

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He's frightened of conceding goals, and it rubs off on all the team. That IMO sums the 721 tactic we have to suffer watching.

As I said Earlier- it’s turning/turned into Rhinoball. 

Must not lose instead of trying to win.

Depressing.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He's frightened of conceding goals, and it rubs off on all the team. That IMO sums up the 712 tactic we have to suffer watching.

Mellon has 5 promotions and is a very successful manager. Remind us again of your managerial record...

3 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If you could see something building then that’d be OK but can anyone see what the actual plan is?

I see a totally ineffective midfield where week after week the gap between them and the strikers is huge.

It’s very early days but if I was running this football club I’d certainly be asking Mr Mellon some searching questions.

May as well sack him then eh?

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

Im concerned about the recruitment, and how every new player looks completely ineffective. I’m more concerned that with every passing game we get more and more defensive. 

25 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Hudson and Raglan did their jobs the rest were an embarrassment - again. 

Spent an absolute fortune and still have the same issues, Sachdev hasn't beat a man as a wing back in three games.

Conlon blowing out of his arse after 20 minutes, Sheron and Lundstrum didn't find a forward pass all afternoon, Lundstrum on free kicks - fucking hilarious that.

McGahey and Hobson hoof ball merchants. 

Kitching did okay for first 20 then went AWOL.

Garner brought what exactly?

Team looks disjointed and unfit, absolutely devoid of ideas and character, it's difficult to see where we are trying to go because we have no identity, no shape, no desire. We can't even fashion any chances or create anything it's a thoroughly depressing watch.

Agreed, apart from:

Sachdev - Think he's alright.

Also hard disagree on Hobson.  How else is the ball supposed to get to the embarrassment of riches up front, unless he goes long?? It certainly won't be through the midfield.  The Norwood fan-boys won't agree, but Hobson's probably been our best player this season..

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

Agreed, apart from:

Sachdev - Think he's alright.

Also hard disagree on Hobson.  How else is the ball supposed to get to the embarrassment of riches up front, unless he goes long?? It certainly won't be through the midfield.  The Norwood fan-boys won't agree, but Hobson's probably been our best player this season..

You spelt Hudson wrong...

7 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Not at all, in Mellon we must apparently trust.