MATCH: Ebbsfleet (A) 03/02/24

2 minutes ago, JohnG123 said:

Attendance anyone ? 

I think the moaning bloke on the commentary said about 1700 ish.

In Micky we trust.    Have to because as sure as shit Uncle Frank is not going to dip into his pocket forever.

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

Agreed, apart from:

Sachdev - Think he's alright.

Also hard disagree on Hobson.  How else is the ball supposed to get to the embarrassment of riches up front, unless he goes long?? It certainly won't be through the midfield.  The Norwood fan-boys won't agree, but Hobson's probably been our best player this season..

He does go long a lot but have to ask if he has other options. The midfield is so poor there is rarely options, no one drives forward, passing and control of game non existent. Until that’s sorted and we can boss games and possession we will continue to see these performances. Hobson defensively good. Sheron and lundstrom not good enough for me. Signings now starting to look unbalanced and it’s looking messy and disjointed again which isn’t good. A lot to work on for sure 

It was difficult to see where Dallas fit in when he came on, I was trying to pick him out but the game just seemed to pass him by, I hardly heard his name. It's difficult when you watch it on the telly particularly if the midfield is being largely bypassed. 

2 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Our issue over the last two games has been lack of leadership / motivation.

Say what you will about Hogan, I will be glad to have him back.

This is a good point, he should come straight back in hopefully. 

MM needs to reshuffle after that.

You could see that we struggle to keep any passing move going because there isn’t enough movement in front. Garner being played alongside Norwood was. part of that problem. We end up either passing in small midfield triangle, backwards or punt to strikers. This going to be worse without Norwood who’s the only one to make that run.

Conlon is a passing midfielder but nobody offering. Dallas was played in midfield and forced to do more closing down than attacking. Green is a good option and can get a cross in - I don’t agree with some of the criticism on here.

Micky sees exactly what we see, I do trust that he will find an answer. There’s still a long way to go.

1 minute ago, BradKnowles1 said:

That performance knocked me sick. Really poor. Another game were their keeper could  have been on the beach.

felt Hogan didn’t warrant the abuse at the end 

What abuse was Hogan getting at the end ? 

1 minute ago, BradKnowles1 said:

That performance knocked me sick. Really poor. Another game were their keeper could  have been on the beach.

felt Hogan didn’t warrant the abuse at the end 

You're joking?  What had he done wrong??

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

What abuse was Hogan getting at the end ? 

BT broadcast was close to the away end. A lot at the bottom shouting sort this fucking shit out. It’s not good enough. Hogan did reply saying this is how we play under the manager get use to it. 

16 minutes ago, League one forever said:

He didn’t say that. 

He asked is anyone slightly concerned.

Let’s join in with your made up Hyperbole- I take it you loved tonight and think we’re marching to league two? 

Made up hyperbole 🤣🤣🤣 do you read this forum.

It was poor. But Jesus wept, some of the shit posted.

5 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Hogan did reply saying this is how we play under the manager get use to it. 

Can't imagine the players are big fans of our formation making them look like a bunch of raffle winners.

Oh well Mellonball it is then. 😴🍉😴🍉😴

11 minutes ago, TwistingMyMellon said:

One positive from tonight is at least Hogan has got a career as a pundit on TNT Sports after he's released by Oldham this summer. He talks a better game than plays it...Adam Virgo must be worried..

Strikes me as he will become a manager himself.

38 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

Don't know what the hell is wrong, but something will probably rear its ugly head very soon to tell us.

The team look to have no style of play, and no match day plan of how to attack and make the other team defend.

We have no idea of how to apply pressure to other defences. Plus our transition from defence to attack is non existent.

We have an unhealthy knack of making EVERY team we play look good. Not sure how this is going to pan out, but it won't be good.

Are you D.U? Nothing has changed except half our squad. As someone on twitter said on today's showing the difference between Mellon and Unsy is that Mellon has so far been luckier. Hate to say it but have to aggree. Will Mellon be lucky enough to get us promoted? Because the football is almost as bad as under D.U.I hope so.

23 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Our issue over the last two games has been lack of leadership / motivation.

Say what you will about Hogan, I will be glad to have him back.

In a back 8?