City laying on buses to their ground from Oldham on matchdays

7 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Not defending them, but how many of those City fans with a ticket for the Etihad would have come to BP if there was no bus?

Agreed. I despise Citeh for many reasons, but I can’t get worked up about this - and anyway it is a trial.

• Like 1

Am I missing something here? You can currently dive on many regular bus services to City's ground (well nearby and a short walk) from Oldham for £2 - and £2 to get back. This scheme is charging £6 return from the town centre. Is it just the added convenience of actually landing at the ground? Seems a typical Burnham masterplan to me.

Edited by spanishfly
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, spanishfly said:

Am I missing something here? You can currently dive on many regular bus services to City's ground (well nearby and a short walk) from Oldham for £2 - and £2 to get back. This scheme is charging £6 return from the town centre. Is it just the added convenience of actually landing at the ground? Seems a typical Burnham masterplan to me.

What's it got to do with Burnham?

18 minutes ago, GrahamHughes said:

Maybe it’s a precursor to their relegation to the national league for financial irregularities and they’ll need the whole of greater Manchester to fill the ground once the glory hunters have pissed off!

Unfortunately despite the 115 charges against I can see them getting away with the whole thing.

47 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Unfortunately despite the 115 charges against I can see them getting away with the whole thing.

And why not?. As far as I can see the Arab's have done right by City and locality. For me it's just the big clubs looking after themselves. 

Just wished Sir Jim really wanted a local boy project instead of Chelsea or ManUre. There again had he done so the big guns would have shot us down season one in the Premier league. 

2 hours ago, Lags said:

What's it got to do with Burnham?

Heavily involved in the whole idea. In my opinion, he's very "Manchester centric" to the detriment of the satellite towns. This is just another example. The Manchester megalomaniacs generally want places like Oldham, Stockport, Bury etc to be seen as simply suburbs of the metropolis (think London). 

9 hours ago, Lags said:

And why not?. As far as I can see the Arab's have done right by City and locality. For me it's just the big clubs looking after themselves. 

Just wished Sir Jim really wanted a local boy project instead of Chelsea or ManUre. There again had he done so the big guns would have shot us down season one in the Premier league. 

But he's a local boy to Manchester, not Oldham. He may come from Failsworth, although he didn't grow up there, but Failsworth wasn't in the Oldham borough then.

10 hours ago, Lags said:

If a rich man wants to invest in a football club then they should ne able too but their has to be some controls in place. Controls which Everton have been punished for but so far Man City haven't, one rule for 1 and 1 rule for the rest.

Every finance department og every organisation in the country has to abide by some sort of legislation. If I prevented the auditors doing their job once I'd be dismissed nevermind it happening 115 times.

Edited by GlossopLatic

16 hours ago, trickyrickyholden said:

Cant fault this one bit. Happy that football fans are getting looked after (albeit in a small way)

Don't know why the bus can't swing by Boundary Park on the way to the ground and see if they can make it even easier for people to pick City over Latics...

I’d like to see a regulator look into catchment areas and see how they can be protected in some way. Difficult of course as they will vary so much in size. But the big, oil rich clubs should be controlled in some way to try and limit the amount of hoovering up of fans and young players that might otherwise go into their local club system. 

I don’t think it’s right just to say we live in a capitalist society. You don’t choose the club you support on that basis. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Not really-City case still being investigated and they deny any wrong doing. Everton actually admitted some of their failings.

Well technically yes but my original point was that they appear to be trying to kick the can far enough down the road so that it gets dropped and nothing happens.

16 hours ago, GrahamHughes said:

Maybe it’s a precursor to their relegation to the national league for financial irregularities and they’ll need the whole of greater Manchester to fill the ground once the glory hunters have pissed off!

Do they ever fill it anyway? I can see a load of blue seats again today unless its my eyes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

Don't know why the bus can't swing by Boundary Park on the way to the ground and see if they can make it even easier for people to pick City over Latics...

If Latics are at home on the same day and at the same time then more can pick Latics over city 😉

Edited by TheBigDog

50 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I don’t think it’s right just to say we live in a capitalist society. You don’t choose the club you support on that basis. 

I'd suggest the vast majority do.

2 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

I'd suggest the vast majority do.

Ha yeah you’re probably right. I was thinking idealistically about football fans that are loyal and actually care. I appreciate that’s not the type of fan the people at the top of the game generally give a shit about. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

I’d like to see a regulator look into catchment areas and see how they can be protected in some way. Difficult of course as they will vary so much in size. But the big, oil rich clubs should be controlled in some way to try and limit the amount of hoovering up of fans and young players that might otherwise go into their local club system. 

You're going to ban people from supporting whatever club they want to??

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

You're going to ban people from supporting whatever club they want to??

Yes. I want each club to be allocated an equal number of supporters and everyone is given their club at birth. 

In all seriousness, I was more thinking about limiting what marketing clubs can do outside of their catchment area and that sort of thing.

Or where they are allowed to have academies and maybe a limit on numbers. 

Ive not put much thought into this by the way. My white paper isn’t ready for publishing just yet.