MATCH: Boreham Wood (H) 13/02/24

11 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Talk about managing expectations, Mellon really has done a number on some of you lot...

Under promise, over achieve. Think that's what most owners/managers would settle for.

Of course we could always go for over promise, under achieve, then you really would be apoplectic.

4 hours ago, spanishfly said:

I`m going to be straight to the point rather than pussy footing around the edges. I`ve only seen us the last 3 games and we look a poor side. I've no idea where all this money has gone, it's certainly not been spent on quality players. That said, if Latics do get promoted via the play-offs, it illustrates how awful the standard is in this league. A few are saying "it's a tough league" etc. It's not, the standard is dreadful. The pub teams analogy is fair from what I've seen. That's exactly why Chesterfield are already 23 points clear of anyone else i.e. a decent side and you sail through this so called tough league. If I was the owner, I would be seething. With the amount of money we have allegedly thrown at it, we should be promoted this year. If we are not, that is failure in anybody's book. It's all down to the inability of those trusted to put together a good side, not to have put together a good side. Simple as that.

I do find it a bit odd that you can be so adamant about the standard of the league, of our squad, whether money has been invested wisely or not and whether not getting promoted would be failure or not all off the back of watching only 3 games.

21 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I do find it a bit odd that you can be so adamant about the standard of the league, of our squad, whether money has been invested wisely or not and whether not getting promoted would be failure or not all off the back of watching only 3 games.

I have my suspicions it is Wiseowl under a different guise...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, spanishfly said:

I`m going to be straight to the point rather than pussy footing around the edges. I`ve only seen us the last 3 games and we look a poor side. I've no idea where all this money has gone, it's certainly not been spent on quality players. That said, if Latics do get promoted via the play-offs, it illustrates how awful the standard is in this league. A few are saying "it's a tough league" etc. It's not, the standard is dreadful. The pub teams analogy is fair from what I've seen. That's exactly why Chesterfield are already 23 points clear of anyone else i.e. a decent side and you sail through this so called tough league. If I was the owner, I would be seething. With the amount of money we have allegedly thrown at it, we should be promoted this year. If we are not, that is failure in anybody's book. It's all down to the inability of those trusted to put together a good side, not to have put together a good side. Simple as that.

You didn't take long to start talking bollocks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Course you wouldn't 

I predict you are heading for a blocking!

I try to resist replying to his every post, but they are irritating, sometimes I can’t resist! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nzlatic said:

3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

I have my suspicions it is Wiseowl under a different guise...

Ah, yes. Could well be. Been thinking for a few posts who it reminds me of. We're just one "chatting to a guy in a pub" anecdote from proof

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Even the teams Dino, Kewell  and Pete Wild had would have strolled this league like Chesterfield.

Dino and Kewell highly debatable that they would've (look at how Kewell did at Barnet).  Wild would've though.

7 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Talk about managing expectations, Mellon really has done a number on some of you lot...

I agree that it's just one of many skills he possesses and why he's a proven success in managing football clubs isn't it?

Not like these "young and progressive" managers who have a certain "identity" but wouldn't know success if it bit them on the arse.  Luckily the vast majority of our fanbase aren't so easily fooled by that nonsense.

8 hours ago, deyres42 said:

😂😂😂

Welcome back. You’ve had to long in the wilderness with obvious shite, I’ve been nagging you to work on your subtlety, and this some of your best work for years. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I agree that it's just one of many skills he possesses and why he's a proven success in managing football clubs isn't it?

Not like these "young and progressive" managers who have a certain "identity" but wouldn't know success if it bit them on the arse.  Luckily the vast majority of our fanbase aren't so easily fooled by that nonsense.

Rumour has it he has a whole room at home dedicated to David Dunn (think Alan Partridge’s number 1 fan). Unfortunately, somebody said he’s not been in there recently because he’s been in his garage burning effigies of 5PM. 

2 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Dino and Kewell highly debatable that they would've (look at how Kewell did at Barnet).  Wild would've though.

Edited by sjk2008

12 hours ago, BP1960 said:

With all Kewell's attacking players in a 7 at the back I doubt it.

Your opinions on Mellon are bizarre. 

A multiple promotion/title winning manager in the lower leagues, yet because he doesn’t play 442 you harp on about the Kewell days.

I agree those games were entertaining (80+ goals in a season was it?), but we also conceded 70+ didn’t we? 

Give me pragmatism and 3 points every day of the week.

And please please please, stop harping on as though there’s no hope unless we adopt a 442 formation. Jesus.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

A multiple promotion/title winning manager in the lower leagues, yet because he doesn’t play 442 you harp on about the Kewell days.

I agree those games were entertaining (80+ goals in a season was it?), but we also conceded 70+ didn’t we? 

And please please please, stop harping on as though there’s no hope unless we adopt a 442 formation. Jesus.

It's the 442 movement innit.

They are funded by the sale of "James Berry told you so" Tshirts and "youth is the way" propaganda..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

It's the 442 movement innit.

They are funded by the sale of "James Berry told you so" Tshirts and "youth is the way" propaganda..

“Youth is the way” until its not. Apparently Hammond and Sachdev aren’t ready. Only those that BP1960 says are ready are ready.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

The simple fact of the matter is Dan Gardner is now out the first team picture and he's not responding to BPs emails we could be 20 points clear at the top and it wouldn't matter.

• Like 1