Micky Mellon Sack Watch

5 minutes ago, Fervid said:

He stays for me,  massive massive clear out required on the playing front.  Let him bring in his own men and see how we get on.  

Darren Royle also needs to step up to the plate football wise. 

What can Royle do?

The manager is employed on contract, they have to stick with him and hope the summer brings about the change required. Me, I am not hopeful, given the state of contracts in place already etc. and along with the rest of us, powerless but to stand by and watch.

Quite depressing really, given the lift the Rothwell's brought to the club when they saved it. Whatever is going or has gone wrong behind the scenes, we will probably never know but the Kidderminster fiasco appears to have been some kind of catalyst. 

Team will most likely finish in the same position as last season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

..Although he needs to show that he can do something different in the next four games to alleviate some pressure on him..

We all would like to see this happen but I think, deep down, we all know it won't. 

1 minute ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Why what did he say in this interview?

He made a joke about not knowing what his players will do. Jumped on by twitter folk taking it as gospel. 

That it will be exciting because even he doesn’t know what Oldham team will turn up

Well he should that is what he is paid for. I knew what team would turn up, one set up not to try and win the game after it being the second must win games in 4 days

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

He made a joke about not knowing what his players will do. Jumped on by twitter folk taking it as gospel. 

His job is to manage a football team, not do a gig at the embassy club

42 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I'm still saying it.  It is a joke thread now and it was even more of a joke thread when you started it in my opinion.

It's still not worth sacking him at this point and I don't see when it will in the near future.  Although he needs to show that he can do something different in the next four games to alleviate some pressure on him and he needs to be ruthless with this squad in the summer.  

Don't think he'll be shy of getting rid of at least a dozen. More if he can.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I think next season will be just the same…..I don’t think Mellon will be here post Christmas…

Agree, but another window and 12 games or more wasted. It’ll be exciting to know what Oldham team turns up though, whilst we are bored to death

I think if you asked all fans what formation we should play or who should definitely play in midfield/wide areas you’d get just about every possible combination offered. 

Which would suggest to me where our main problem lies. 

4 hours ago, GKing521 said:

I don’t even know what the solution is. Just sick of this football club being shit.

Had a go at you earlier in the season. I’m bored of this shit as much as you at this point, crap. 

The fact I continue to watch Sutton marching down that right wing, McGahey trying to play centre mid. Fucking mind boggling. 

I like Mellon, but I am absolutely puzzled with the bench yesterday. 

We played a wide 2, but our bench consisted of Sheron, Lundy and Ward. Yet we kept Walker out the squad ? We also kept Hammond out the squad who could do a better job than the other 3 out wide. Very very strange decisions. Killed us from making and impact subs. 

Give the armband to Raglan and play Hobson over Hogan, he’s dump. 

Sign a pissing right back. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

We played a wide 2, but our bench consisted of Sheron, Lundy and Ward. Yet we kept Walker out the squad ? We also kept Hammond out the squad who could do a better job than the other 3 out wide. Very very strange decisions. Killed us from making and impact subs. 

In-out-shake them all about. It’s been scatter gun for a good while. There was a time you could pick the same 9/10 every week and results were much better. . . 

53 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I like Mellon, but I am absolutely puzzled with the bench yesterday. 

Give the armband to Raglan and play Hobson over Hogan, he’s dump. 

Sign a pissing right back. 

I suspect Walker isn't good enough IMO. Pathetically ineffective at Dagenham, which I know was only one match but it was made for him to shine. He was only ever used off the bench for the last 10-15 mins during his time at Morecambe.

MM is just rotating a fairly bad / inexperienced bunch of players to get through to the end of the season. The only surprise was Garner not even being on the bench unless he's ill or picked a knock up on Friday (possible). It's quite probably he's more than sussed that he doesn't have a midfield collective who are up to task and ones he has (Green for example) are injured.

Personally, the calls for sacking him at this juncture are wildly off the mark. I've been disappointed with how our season has fizzled out, but the blame lies squarely with the dreadful start we had which eliminated any insurance against big wobbles which nearly all clubs get in this division. We've simply been running on empty for 4-5 weeks.

• Like 1