Micky Mellon Sack Watch

21 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

He was all over the news when United poached him from Tottenham as one of the best up and coming youth coaches.

Then Mourinho gave him the assistant managers job and he was kept on by both Solskjaer and Ragnick. There were even calls for him to succeed as their manager in some quarters he was that highly thought of.

Fair enough.  I'm quite proud of myself for missing out on that.  I'm sure there are probably better examples.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, League one forever said:

For all those saying give him time-

I will await your response if it’s piss poor after ten games next season. . . 

We all want continuity - but it must come with something tangible. No manager can sustain poor results in the name of ‘give it time’ 

Well, yeah...

15 minutes ago, League one forever said:

We all want continuity - but it must come with something tangible. No manager can sustain poor results in the name of ‘give it time’ 

As I say, I think it will be more of the same next season. Loads of these players are contracted until the end of 2025. Would a new manager make a difference?

I actually think we'll be a better team simply by not offering any new contracts and doing nothing else. It can't be good for team spirit having so many players knocking about who aren't wanted..

17 minutes ago, League one forever said:

No shit. 

The last ten games has been an absolute stinker, but prior to that, we was top 3 in the form table. 

We have hit an absolute terrible patch at a terrible time, but let’s not forget what came before it. 

If we win 1 in 10 at the start of next season like our best mate Unsy, then something’s gone terribly wrong. 

If we start next season with squad that has no balance or clear plan, something has gone wrong. 

But I trust Mellon will not make the mistakes Unsy did. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

This seasons a huge fucking failure, let the post mortem begin but don't tell me Mellon didn't have enough to get this team in the playoffs because that's just bollocks, it's all gone a bit Richie Wellens for me when he managed to get us relegated after he gave up and I'd suggest Mellons done the same because if he hasn't he's incompetent or incapable and needs removing, why give him another 10 games that some are asking for I've seen enough in 30 odd to tell me somethings not right.

It isn't like the Wellens situation. He (and all managers under the Lemsegams) were being forced to play certain players and there was dressing room interference from those halfwits. The situation was untenable. 

This is the complete opposite. Everything is in place, it would seem. I understood why Wellens gave up. I wouldn't have a clue why Mellon might have given up..

58 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

We’ve tried young unknown coaches, we’ve tried experienced managers. We’ve tried club legends, we’ve tried outsiders. 

One thing we’ve not tried for a decade is starting and finishing a season with the same manager.

Even if we start slowly I’d be surprised if we’re in relegation trouble so I’m of the view that Mellon needs to be given the full season next year. 

The one thing we did not try (and should have) is to appoint a manager who knows the National League.

9 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

The one thing we did not try (and should have) is to appoint a manager who knows the National League.

You mean we should have appointed one who has taken 2 teams from this level into the football league?

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Mellon?

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Heres the tangible bit, on current PPG for a full season we would be in the playoffs even with this collapse in form. A summer of trimming the squad and recruiting well and I wouldn't think it a wild bet that we improve.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LaticsEddie said:

Heres the tangible bit, on current PPG for a full season we would be in the playoffs even with this collapse in form. A summer of trimming the squad and recruiting well and I wouldn't think it a wild bet that we improve.

Due to Unsworth we started with a 10 game handicap. Which meant we started the season with the terrible run of form which inevitably most teams get in this division at some point. 

We still have a very very slim chance of the playoffs, after going through a period of 2 wins in 20. Shows how shit you can be and still Make playoffs. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LaticsEddie said:

Not quite, currently at 1.5 ppg under Mellon which after 43 games would put us on 64.5 points just behind Aldershot and 69 for the 46 game season which also wouldn’t be enough.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Not quite, currently at 1.5 ppg under Mellon which after 43 games would put us on 64.5 points just behind Aldershot and 69 for the 46 game season which also wouldn’t be enough.

Bad day for the PPG lads.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Yeah youre right, I was thinking of pre game vs Dale we would have been 7th at that point.

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

You mean we should have appointed one who has taken 2 teams from this level into the football league?

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Mellon?

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

😂😂 thought Michael Owen had taken your account over for a second. 

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

…. Micky 

2 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Apart from appointing someone who has two promotions from this division on his CV?

SIX years ago - the league has changed hugely in that time.

He really has shown that he knows the National League hasn’t he?

😮

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

😮

Who are these managers that know the NL and would come to us then?

We'll appoint them, they won't get the results we want straight away and within four months we'll be having the same conversation. Ad nauseum

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

😮

Stop digging :chubb:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Think Wild is partial to a hoof...

It's so true,

You don't know what you've got, until it's gone,

The best managers are those that actually care.

Pete wild is better than Unsworth and Mellon put together 

4 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

It's so true,

You don't know what you've got, until it's gone,

The best managers are those that actually care.

Pete wild is better than Unsworth and Mellon put together 

And then some!!🤔

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Who are these managers that know the NL and would come to us then?

We'll appoint them, they won't get the results we want straight away and within four months we'll be having the same conversation. Ad nauseum

There were a lot saying Askey.....

47 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

😮

How would you know we've only been in it 2 years?

Are you expecting Phil Parkinson or Dave Challinor?

You sound like an average bloke who's demanding the perfect blonde with big tits who will do all the housework and pay half the bills and will blow you off everyday to just drop in your lap.

• Like 1