Micky Mellon Sack Watch

1 hour ago, jsslatic said:

Christ. This thread is just the same people making the same points over and over again.

Same as the the teams performances.😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jsslatic said:

Christ. This thread is just the same people making the same points over and over again.

If you mean the team…Thats 0 or 1 points recently…😉

Edited by TheBigDog

wasted 10 games under Sheridan before DR brought Rhino in

wasted 10 games under Unsworth before DR changed it up

risk is we waste 10 under MM- unlikely to win the league with another 10 game handicap

not sure we have seen enough to say MM is the answer

on balance I'd go with him but he has to get it right over the summer- however limited the budget may turn out to be. We he/ the team cope with that expectation?

2 hours ago, jsslatic said:

Expect more of the same until somebody finally gets their shit together and makes this club the force it should be.

some of us might be propping up the daisies before it ever happens, so good luck in advance 

14 minutes ago, Ackey said:

Genuine question - to who?

A younger up and coming manager who is doing things, like the lad at Altrincham for example.

Not another ageing manager whose innovative days are way behind them. Or an untested mate from everton

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Charles or Eddie said:

A younger up and coming manager who is doing things, like the lad at Altrincham for example.

Not another ageing manager whose innovative days are way behind them. Or an untested mate from everton

He’s 52 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charles or Eddie said:

Paul Cook (Chesterfield) is 57, Phil Parkinson (Wrexham) is 56. Terrible these ageing dinosaurs. Neither could be described as tactical innovators but, after being given time, got promotion. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

Paul Cook (Chesterfield) is 57, Phil Parkinson (Wrexham) is 56. Terrible these ageing dinosaurs. Neither could be described as tactical innovators but, after being given time, got promotion. 

I don't like the way Cook sets his team up either but you couldn't argue about what he's done with a squad containing not many more than 20 players.

As for Parkinson at Alty, he's been pretty well backed this season and I've been told it's not specifically him behind their upturn in form but his backroom staff, that may be total bollocks and I could be doing him an injustice but I do like the way they move the ball up the pitch and try to play despite having a potato field for a pitch.

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

2nd attempt!

I'm not counting last season the club was in a total mess and a promotion challenge was never realistically on the table all that was realistically possible was that we consolidated and turned the sinking ship around.

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I'm not counting last season the club was in a total mess and a promotion challenge was never realistically on the table all that was realistically possible was that we consolidated and turned the sinking ship around.

I have to say, on the field of play we are still a mess, not a total mess, but nevertheless a mess!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Charles or Eddie said:

Can't wait to read this thread in a year's time when the young and upcoming manager is on a bad run and people are calling him useless and calling for an experienced manager

faee7190-9d86-4203-addf-56fdb7d36bbc_tex

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Can't wait to read this thread in a year's time when the young and upcoming manager is on a bad run and people are calling him useless and calling for an experienced manager

faee7190-9d86-4203-addf-56fdb7d36bbc_tex

Let's find out then 

Southend really have embarrassed us. 

Awful owner.

Club in turmoil. 

Transfer embargo. 

Tiny squad, sometimes not able to name a full bench. 

Above us in the table 

Would be 5th without the point deduction. 

Us.

Brilliant owner.

Takeover nearly two years ago. 

Big budget - and spent a relative fortune. 

Massive squad that doesn’t have one contracted professional in certain positions. 

Finished 12th and now sat 10th. 

We are massively underachieving. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Southend really have embarrassed us. 

Awful owner.

Club in turmoil. 

Transfer embargo. 

Tiny squad, sometimes not able to name a full bench. 

Above us in the table 

Would be 5th without the point deduction. 

Us.

Brilliant owner.

Takeover nearly two years ago. 

Big budget - and spent a relative fortune. 

Massive squad that doesn’t have one contracted professional in certain positions. 

Finished 12th and now sat 10th. 

We are massively underachieving. 

You forgot to mention they’ve had the same manager since October 2021 😉

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Let's find out then 

Absolutely!!😂

I wouldn’t mind so much and would be willing to give him a fair crack of the whip if we were progressing and showing signs that he’s building something.

He’s only had 6 months admittedly but I just don’t see a plan, a style of play or even a settled system!

In the main they’re not his players but even the players he’s recruited haven’t improved things at all.

I’m willing to bet that the lions share of this squad barring one or two would do OK at just about any other NL side in this division!

We’re definitely under performing as a team and IMO it just doesn’t look like he has the remotest idea of how to rectify it!

Serious question…..If it was your money bankrolling this football club, would you trust Micky Mellon to spend it wisely?

I’m not sure I would!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Is it not arrogant to think Parkinson would want to come here anyway? It's a sideways step at best. He could probably get a job at a league 2 side with fans who won't hound him out after a few months

Anyone with thick skin like a Rhino need not apply 

1 hour ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Is it not arrogant to think Parkinson would want to come here anyway? It's a sideways step at best. He could probably get a job at a league 2 side with fans who won't hound him out after a few months

A sideways step from Altrincham to Oldham...?

• Like 1