I know that the pitch has had to suffer almost unrelenting rain since it's renewal, but it is looking a bit weary already.

From high in the main stand, it is looking threadbare. And not just the section in front of the main stand around the half way line.

I know that the rugby club also use it, but read that the new modern technology in the pitch, would allow a lot more use that it has been subjected to so far. I remember in recent years, the old pitch looking not much different than the new one at this stage of the season.

24 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

I know that the pitch has had to suffer almost unrelenting rain since it's renewal, but it is looking a bit weary already.

From high in the main stand, it is looking threadbare. And not just the section in front of the main stand around the half way line.

I know that the rugby club also use it, but read that the new modern technology in the pitch, would allow a lot more use that it has been subjected to so far. I remember in recent years, the old pitch looking not much different than the new one at this stage of the season.

The pitch has held up far better than the previous pitches. It does seem like it’s been very wet (more so than usual) for the last few months too which won’t help. It’s still top 2 or 3 pitches in this league and miles better than a lot of EFL clubs, Bradford being a prime example. 
Sure i’ve read somewhere that the groundsman said that the pitch will be even better after a year or so too, as it’ll be fully bedded in. Something along those lines anyway.

27 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

Yep - good shout. 

There was several brown/worn patches in front of the family stand today. Think the club will be disappointed with it. 

3 minutes ago, daniel said:

The pitch has held up far better than the previous pitches. It does seem like it’s been very wet (more so than usual) for the last few months too which won’t help. It’s still top 2 or 3 pitches in this league and miles better than a lot of EFL clubs, Bradford being a prime example. 
Sure i’ve read somewhere that the groundsman said that the pitch will be even better after a year or so too, as it’ll be fully bedded in. Something along those lines anyway.

He did. Does better from season 2 onwards I think it was. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daniel said:

“ Yeah, it's been a difficult year weather wise but it has been up and down the country. The first postponement of the borehamwood game is where we saw most damage. We was always going to lose grass but it moves water well and the fibres are doing their job!”

“ Yeah I know mate. It's difficult with just football but the new construction will give us stability even where the grass cover is thin. Everyone tells me the second year is always easier and the playability is better. I can't wait e”

Edited by LaticsEddie
  • Like 1

Noticed the players were training on it this week, perhaps Chapel Road wasn't fit, so if the Roughyeads are doing the same it will be under pressure.

Hopefully it'll rejuvenate itself a bit during the summer months when we get  a bit of dry weather.

2 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Noticed the players were training on it this week, perhaps Chapel Road wasn't fit, so if the Roughyeads are doing the same it will be under pressure.

Hopefully it'll rejuvenate itself a bit during the summer months when we get  a bit of dry weather.

But there’ll be no break because the rugby season runs until September I think?

9 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Bradford didn't spend 1 million pound of their taxpayers money on it...

Wondered how long it’d take you. Less than 10 mins was some going 😂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Are they playing the standard cup (amateur Rugby) match at Boundary Park the morning of the Fylde game...?

Might not be a bad thing if they did, given how they passed us off the park at their place. Not sure they'd fancy a bit of Mellonball.

• 1 month later...

I think that the pitch has lasted well this season. However, it needs a lot more bedding in to happen ahead of next season.

I notice that the ball still bobbles along the surface (when we play it on the ground) in comparison to the better pitches.

Hopefully a good close season will help… 😉

3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I think that the pitch has lasted well this season. However, it needs a lot more bedding in to happen ahead of next season.

I notice that the ball still bobbles along the surface (when we play it on the ground) in comparison to the better pitches.

#keepitcredible

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I think I must have been looking at my phone when that analysis was possible. 

• Like 1