MATCH: Aldershot Town (A) 09/03/24

16 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

That’s it for me today, no chance this spineless bunch of twats is making the playoffs and if they did scrape in you would hardly back them in 3 cup finals.

MM is a horrific football manager, obviously gets teams promoted but my god is it awful to watch. I am not looking forward to next season already.

The team were pathetic today, Mellon was pathetic and the support was pretty dreadful too, we are not a club heading for promotion

Is this the 17th or 18th time you’ve given up ? No chance you say ? You do know we are actually in the playoff positions atm don’t you ? I know we were terrible (and have been a few times atleast) but we’ve also not lost consecutive games under 5pm. So chances are we will still be in the playoffs after Tuesday. Put your tampons back in ffs. Fucking infuriating this board at times. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Pathetic turnout for a key game in the playoff chase. 

11 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I’m sorry but that’s just bollocks. That was a 460 mile round trip and we’ve got another away game at Halifax on Tuesday. 

Pathetic comment @Ritchierich

as @oafc1955 rightly points out, we have another away game on Tuesday so the majority will choose Halifax over Aldershot.

Why not applaud the dedication of the 408 who did turn up - especially the ones who came down from Oldham?

If, by some chance, we get these away in the playoffs (😳) we will take 1000+ and the atmosphere will be banging 👍

22 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Bollox. It’s funny how every week there is summat that is the worst you’ve ever seen. 

Seeing as we've been on a steady decline for about 30 years it's not that surprising 

27 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Bollox. It’s funny how every week there is summat that is the worst you’ve ever seen. 

That 2nd half yesterday, it absolutely was….just wow!!!

They looked like they’d never played in a proper game before!

Did we string a pass together second half ? Dallas ran at them a couple of times. He also had a fantastic opportunity when Norwood found him but fell over his own feet. 

Apart from that, don’t think we even had a sniff. 

46 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

These are a few comments from impartial Shots fans to put that performance into context…….

Oldham were a disgrace and got everything they deserved. Very little attempt to actually play football, constant feigning injury, taking players out off the ball. God help their fans, watching that crap every week!

Was expecting a really hard close fought game but shocked at how bad Oldham were, i'd be really pissed off if i'd made that trip down to watch my team not even try to play football, surely they can't usually play like that? they're 5th ffs?

Oldham one of the poorest teams at the Rec this season. Goalkeeper superb and their back 3 was resilient but they offered nothing in attack

If I was their coach Id be mortified with the goals and how they let us score and played into our hands. The physical stuff didnt work and backfired as they dived in all over the pitch and yet marked space for the goals. If I was them id get over to the Med for an intense sweat camp for a solid few days as they are clearly carrying to much weight and bulk. 

Oldham were absolutely pathetic today but if you fast forward 7 weeks and we’re playing them at home in a playoff game they would be Bayern Munich in disguise whereas today they would have lost to a team of pissed giraffes! 

Oldham were very disappointing because

1. They didn't really have a game plan.

2. And even if they did, the Shots never gave them enough time or space to execute it.

Can't see Oldham winning at Halifax if they play like they did yesterday, they looked one of the worst teams we've played this season, imagine travelling half the country as an Oldham fan to watch that! 

It was shocking and the 4 hours each way didn't help the mood. 

Bizarrely, despite yesterday and based on not much, I still think we'll scrape 7th.

The not much being Alty seem as determined to throw a play off place away as we do and Gateshead are facing a fixture pile up.

They've 10 games to play in 6 weeks and will lose another Saturday game as they're in the semi of the Trophy. Their "run in" includes games against 5 of the top 11 3 of which are against the top 5.

Straw, clutching.

Edited by Inspectormorose.
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

These are a few comments from impartial Shots fans to put that performance into context…….

Oldham were a disgrace and got everything they deserved. Very little attempt to actually play football, constant feigning injury, taking players out off the ball. God help their fans, watching that crap every week!

Was expecting a really hard close fought game but shocked at how bad Oldham were, i'd be really pissed off if i'd made that trip down to watch my team not even try to play football, surely they can't usually play like that? they're 5th ffs?

Oldham one of the poorest teams at the Rec this season. Goalkeeper superb and their back 3 was resilient but they offered nothing in attack

If I was their coach Id be mortified with the goals and how they let us score and played into our hands. The physical stuff didnt work and backfired as they dived in all over the pitch and yet marked space for the goals. If I was them id get over to the Med for an intense sweat camp for a solid few days as they are clearly carrying to much weight and bulk. 

Oldham were absolutely pathetic today but if you fast forward 7 weeks and we’re playing them at home in a playoff game they would be Bayern Munich in disguise whereas today they would have lost to a team of pissed giraffes! 

2. And even if they did, the Shots never gave them enough time or space to execute it.

Can't see Oldham winning at Halifax if they play like they did yesterday, they looked one of the worst teams we've played this season, imagine travelling half the country as an Oldham fan to watch that! 

They’re accurate in how badly we played yesterday but they lost 5-0 at home to fylde the other week so should have some idea of how inconsistent all teams are in this league bar Chesterfield and Oxford!

21 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

At least we didn’t travel the same distance and get dicked 5-1

I’ll never truly understand the willy-waving about crowds and who takes what where. Tons of reasons why more may go, say, Maidenhead or Dorking than either Aldershot or Eastleigh. Lots of factors such as timing, economic pressures of the seasons, matches quickly in succession and recent form. So what if we take 400, 500 or 600?

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I’ll never truly understand the willy-waving about crowds and who takes what where. Tons of reasons why more may go, say, Maidenhead or Dorking than either Aldershot or Eastleigh. Lots of factors such as timing, economic pressures of the seasons, matches quickly in succession and recent form. So what if we take 400, 500 or 600?

Perhaps because we tend to make a bigger deal over it than most so when it drops off it is more noticeable...

Must admit it's surprising that we take 800 to a leisure centre in Dorking yet only 400 to a proper old school ground like Aldershot, I know Marc White bought everyone a drink but the days out don't compare. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

First proper run of bad form under Mellon, I trust him to sort it out. Some of the bed wetters on here are hilarious though. We're still 6th

Did you watch the game?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JoeP said:

Only two players in that line-up have scored a goal, according to BBC Radio Surrey...

You/BBC Surrey highlighted something there that's been bugging me for a while. I think the two players mentioned were Hogan (1 goal all season) and Garner. I know the main responsibility lies with the strikers, but our defenders have contributed that 1 league goal all season and the midfield have come up with about 13 I think, but 11 of those are from Sheron (6) and Dickenson (5, now out on loan). I don't know if that's down to tactics, playing style or ability (lack of) but it's a poor return and surely more players should be contributing.

1 hour ago, Inspectormorose. said:

Bizarrely, despite yesterday and based on not much, I still think we'll scrape 7th.

I agree. We can forget any higher than 6th imo. We’re pieced together with a grind out ethos, which comes unstuck sometimes as it did there. On the other hand, we’re more than capable of pulling off a few wins too. A relatively mild last three matches against teams I’m expecting with nothing to play for will probably play into our hands too.

only a run of 3-4 straight losses will see us lose touch in the play-offs. As bad as we are, on the eye, I expect we’ve enough in us to blag enough victories.

should we get there, it’s rather a lottery and even the unfancied such as Bromley and Boreham Wood gave Chesterfield and Notts a run for their money. Could just as easy see us whimper out at Gateshead or Aldershot as nailing a result at either. It’s not the end of the world either way, we’ll be stronger next season as a result.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Nope. Didn't sound good at all

Doesn't stop the constant overreactions on here being hilarious 

If you’d watched it you would definitely think differently….it brought the meaning of shite to a whole new level!!

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Must admit it's surprising that we take 800 to a leisure centre in Dorking yet only 400 to a proper old school ground like Aldershot, I know Marc White bought everyone a drink but the days out don't compare. 

That 'terrace' behind the goal is a absolute joke.  Unless you are taller than average be expected to see just the back of people's heads.  

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Can't be much of a surprise when the football is so bad.

So many better things to do with one's Saturday.

The constant narrative on here is 'Ah, stop overreacting, we're still going to make the PO's.' 

Cool, say we somehow cling on to a top 7 finish. Does anyone want to talk me through how we don't get dumped out at the first time of asking?

Then what? What's the plan to make a proper assault for the title next season? Crowds will be down, ST prices will go up.. will the budget be reduced? Some players also clearly don't want to be here as well. 

We're at a real risk of just sitting around this division for half a decade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GKing521 said:

Can't be much of a surprise when the football is so bad.

So many better things to do with one's Saturday.

You do know we were eight or nine unbeaten away before yesterday?, those travelling away or based down south have been spoilt this season, away day crowd of 400 given that run and where we are at is disappointing. 

5 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Must admit I don’t get the love affair with Dorking 🙄 you can spend upwards of £60/£70 to attend a match down there and have a wet dream over a free pint.