MATCH: Aldershot Town (A) 09/03/24

2 hours ago, AndyB2 said:

I don’t expect to see Norwood, Dallas, McGahey, sheron, green, hope,  hobson, Hudson next season. 

Hudson cannot be included with the rest of them today - he kept us in the game and while his distribution isn’t the best he’s a better keeper than most of that team deserve! Maybe the only positive from Unsworth?

Hobson is going backwards after seemingly being a cracking signing, and Norwood has to start unless there’s a fitness issue.

We are so lacking in width that even with Norwood on the pitch we are incapable of creating anything.

Very depressing!!

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

You do wonder if the Reid situation has had an effect, people have suggested there is more to it but at face value the punishment doesn't really fit the crime.

If only there was a way to find out what the CEO makes of it...

There are a whole host of players who've just disappeared, a shocking number really.

Mellon has put his faith in this bunch but they are making him look a bigger chump than Unsworth. How many times have they downed tools on him now?, he must be a soft touch for them to take the piss so openly.

1 minute ago, JED said:

Hudson cannot be included with the rest of them today - he kept us in the game and while his distribution isn’t the best he’s a better keeper than most of that team deserve! Maybe the only positive from Unsworth?

Hobson is going backwards after seemingly being a cracking signing, and Norwood has to start unless there’s a fitness issue.

We are so lacking in width that even with Norwood on the pitch we are incapable of creating anything.

Very depressing!!

What's Norwood done to deserve a start, I'd suggest fuck all since he came back, he was actually an hindrance today.

Edited by yarddog73

8 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

MM is not the right man for the job, he is spending the Rothwell family fortune and making us worse. Season ticket sales next season are going to be well down I would imagine and overall home and away attendances are already starting to decline.

Its mostly unwatchable and all the positivity is rapidly disappearing 

Today was supposedly a huge playoff game and we took barely 400. It’s pathetic

Hang on...

Shez couldn't do it

Unsworth couldn't do it

And now Mellon seems to be struggling. 

Are we sure the manager is the problem?

Frank is handing over his hard earned. If I was him I'd be asking whether it's just the manager that's the issue, because I'm not sure it's just one person that's failing here..

also from the Aldershot forum, we are a laughing stick tbf

Was expecting a really hard close fought game but shocked at how bad Oldham were, i'd be really pissed off if i'd made that trip down to watch my team not even try to play football, surely they can't usually play like that? they're 5th ffs?

Just now, JoeP said:

Hang on...

Shez couldn't do it

Unsworth couldn't do it

Frank is handing over his hard earned. If I was him I'd be asking whether it's just the manager that's the issue, because I'm not sure it's just one person that's failing here..

DR? 

Because there’s no way 40 odd players over a season and half are all shit. 

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

Hang on...

Shez couldn't do it

Unsworth couldn't do it

Frank, bless him, has no clue about football and is trusting the Royles….you know the ones that hired and retained Unsworth 

We are pretty much fucked for next season

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

At least Mellon didn’t hide or bullshit in his presser. Very honest. 

I know words mean nothing, but at the very least you can tell he’s hurting. Equally though he looked a bit lost. . 

MM post match:
“I’m thoroughly, thoroughly pissed off”…
Sums it up perfectly 👍

• Like 1

Maybe the manager should look at his coach who I assume is responsible for these dreadful tactics?

How refreshing it was to see the youth team recently, good old passing attacking football and a coach who encouraged them throughout the game.

It's no coincidence they've come on leaps and bounds since he was employed along with Paul Murray.

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Maybe the manager should look at his coach who I assume is responsible for these dreadful tactics?

How refreshing it was to see the youth team recently, good old passing attacking football and a coach who encouraged them throughout the game.

It's no coincidence they've come on leaps and bounds since he was employed along with Paul Murray.

Isn't Paul Murray one of the first team coaches?

49 minutes ago, JED said:

Very depressing!!

Hudson will leave to play somewhere better 

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I didn’t say sack him I said I think we’ve got the wrong manager. 

So if he isn't the right man for the job, you want him gone...

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

This is absolutely bang on. 

He’s clearly had an effective and successful style elsewhere, some might like it other might not. But that’s moot. 

The far far bigger issue is- he’s not producing what he’s supposedly good at it. I had him down as a Phil Parkinson type. Horrible to play against, big strong side that bully teams and are hard to beat by competing. 

But in too many games, we look the complete opposite. Panicked, lost, and the only mindset is- must not lose. For a manager of his calibre it’s nowhere near good enough. 

How long was at these other clubs to build them up to promotion?

1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

MM is not the right man for the job, he is spending the Rothwell family fortune and making us worse.

Another who wants him gone. Ha

49 minutes ago, League one forever said:

At least Mellon didn’t hide or bullshit in his presser. Very honest. 

I know words mean nothing, but at the very least you can tell he’s hurting. Equally though he looked a bit lost. . 

Good interview. Always comes across well..

Can we please talk about Harisson McGahey falling over his own feet / tripping over some mud in absolute slow motion as the ball almost crossed the line. 

Reminded me of my Dad playing football for the Dad team when I was in school. Fucking shocking and sums him up. About as far away from an athlete as you could possibly imagine. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

Can we please talk about Harisson McGahey falling over his own feet / tripping over some mud in absolute slow motion as the ball almost crossed the line. 

Reminded me of my Dad playing football for the Dad team when I was in school. Fucking shocking and sums him up. About as far away from an athlete as you could possibly imagine. 

And yet none of the many players through the door since Rothwell took over can shift him. Am seriously worried that we are doing an Everton in the transfer market and the money will dry up before we have assembled a decent team 

7 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

He was poor. Not sure you can blame him for a hole opening up in the goalmouth when he stood on it though

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

He was poor. Not sure you can blame him for a hole opening up in the goalmouth when he stood on it though

It’s the fact that he is in our team which speaks volumes for its quality 

29 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

But he also blocked the follow up to stop the player scoring.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

408 Latics fans travelled.

Pathetic turnout for a key game in the playoff chase. The fans have given up on this squad as we know they don’t give a shit about the club or their jobs