MATCH: Chesterfield (H) 16/03/24

52 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Sounds like Ousmane Fane, except he’s not a patch on Fane

8 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I didn’t like him either, or Sylla. All the same type players. 

Sheron first name in midfield for me. Offers a lot more than other in 90% of matches. You won't ever see him pull out of a tackle and he's not afraid to come get the ball, he won't ever hide away.

All those that think he's absolutely shite, ask yourselves why his fellow players voted him player of the season last year. Do you reckon it's because they think he's shit and gives the ball away too much?

The ref was shocking. The Garner booking was a joke when you look at the fouls he never carded. And the shove on Norwood at the end was clear as day. We should have had a chance to win it there. 

No idea about their pen as someone must have kicked the plug out for 10 minutes. For balance, I also thought Gardner looked a mile offside for his goal but not seen anyone else say that so maybe just me!

15 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Norwood doesn't like going over for the MOM presentation he has history of not being too keen on fulfilling his duties in that respect, he's even refused to answer questions put over to him on one occasion when he's won it, for me it's poor form particularly as it is the match sponsor who decide and they've ploughed a fair few quid in for the privilege. He really should lead by example on these occasions and it's disappointing taking the gloss off the performance, I just find it hard to warm to a player who clearly doesn't want to be here or at least gives that impression at times.

Had an important appointment at 3:30, accordingto his twitter. Doesn't want to be considered again, if it's being suggested he can't be arsed..

Stats can't be disputed and a talented player, but something has never sat right about him here. Wouldn't be surprised - or too disappointed - if both parties agree a parting of ways in the summer...

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

Had an important appointment at 3:30, accordingto his twitter. Doesn't want to be considered again, if it's being suggested he can't be arsed..

Stats can't be disputed and a talented player, but something has never sat right about him here. Wouldn't be surprised - or too disappointed - if both parties agree a parting of ways in the summer...

You wouldn’t be disappointed if he left ?

Considering he has 17 goals in the league this season and our next best is Fondop with 7, I would be. 

He’s on his way to 20 goals and been injured for 6 weeks. 

• Like 4

Just now, LightDN123 said:

Considering he has 17 goals in the league this season and our next best is Fondop with 7, I would be. 

Oh, and he was absolutely unplayable in the first half yesterday against the league leaders. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Oh, and he was absolutely unplayable in the first half yesterday against the league leaders. 

Agreed, but then everyone played well yesterday.. there's been plenty of games where he and the rest of the team haven't been. 

9 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

If he's guaranteed to get 20 again next season, then fine. Hopefully we'll get as many penalties (which do count, blah blah blah - but must professional players should score most of the penalties they take..).

As I say, something has never sat right. Some people see it, some people don't..

Just now, JoeP said:

Agreed, but then everyone played well yesterday.. there's been plenty of games where he and the rest of the team haven't been. 

If he's guaranteed to get 20 again next season, then fine. Hopefully we'll get as many penalties (which do count, blah blah blah - but must professional players should score most of the penalties they take..).

As I say, something has never sat right. Some people see it, some people don't..

Your last part is implying that those that don’t have a problem with him are wrong. 

I genuinely don’t care what he does when off the football pitch. As long as he scores important goals for us, I couldn’t care less. 

Does he celebrate, get on with his team mates, do post match interviews. Maybe not. Does he score consistently for us, yeah absolutely. Crack on. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

And in a crap team! (for most of the time)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I'm not particularly bothered about him not collecting his award, but I find it bizarre that he booked an important appointment so close to the end of the game...

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'm not particularly bothered about him not collecting his award, but I find it bizarre that he booked an important appointment so close to the end of the game...

Apart from hospital, why would you have any sort of appointment on a Saturday afternoon?🤔

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

It could be an important family matter for all we know. I’m sure MM and Barbin are aware. 

You are right, there. 

He's got to play the game a little bit though - even if he couldn't give a shit about collecting the award and he did have an important appointment. "It's not a case of "not being arsed", I had an important appointment to attend, so apologies to those concerned" sounds better than "Don't bother picking me for man of the match in future, if that's going to be your take". 

This is why we can’t have nice things. Almost since he arrived Norwood has had digs from the fans about such silly things like not smiling or not changing his Twitter picture. Or even that he doesn’t put enough effort in?!

Hes a consistent scorer and a big game player. He’s playing lower than he should be. He might cut a frustrated figure but I don’t blame him, we’re not performing as we should often enough. I know who I’d want in the team in a play off final or if we’re trying to win the league next season. 

I like Fondop, don’t get me wrong I think he’s an important squad member, but what is his hero status based on? He rarely scores against the better teams. It looks like it’s because of the effort he puts in but also mainly because he’s great at geeing up the fans with fist bump celebrations. 

Norwood is a nasty bastard but he’s a winner and we need more of that attitude. 

• Like 17

27 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Making an issue out of nothing. 

Not at all, but you have to admit it’s a little strange no?

I don’t think he’s one for the limelight and just prefers to stay off the radar.

The only thing I can remember him saying in the media since signing is….

” Let’s go win this league” 😂

39 minutes ago, JoeP said:

You are right, there. 

He's got to play the game a little bit though - even if he couldn't give a shit about collecting the award and he did have an important appointment. "It's not a case of "not being arsed", I had an important appointment to attend, so apologies to those concerned" sounds better than "Don't bother picking me for man of the match in future, if that's going to be your take". 

People have different characters. If it’s a personal issue, people react irrationally. 

From his perspective, he’s given everything to win us a game against top of the league, he was unplayable at times. 

People are then questioning his character less than an hour after the match. 

That’s before the whole not celebrating, Twitter picture ect. 

Is it how I would react, probably not. But we arnt all the same and he’s clearly an emotional bloke. 

15 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

People are then questioning his character less than an hour after the match. 

Its just an observation, nothing more…….I just think that maybe he’s a little shy?

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Its just an observation, nothing more…….I just think that maybe he’s a little shy?

I don’t think he’s shy, he goes absolutely crazy at his team mates at times. 

Raglan was getting an ear full after that first goal yesterday. 

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

Let’s call it stage fright then?

Yeah let’s go with that 😂.

Anyways, more of the same next weekend but let’s get the win. We need to win next weekend, players have proved they can do it.