MATCH: Chesterfield (H) 16/03/24

He's just a massive tryhard.

Ooh, look at me not celebrating my goals.

Ooh, look at me not changing my profile picture.

Says a lot about him that he's turned up to just a handful of games and surprise surprise one of them was against the league leaders.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Says a lot about him that he's turned up to just a handful of games and surprise surprise one of them was against the league leaders.

Give over……Scoring 17 goals suggests he’s turned up to quite a lot….bottom line is we’d be well fucked without him!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

tenor.gif

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Give over……Scoring 17 goals suggests he’s turned up to quite a lot….bottom line is we’d be well fucked without him!!

If he was good as he thinks he is he should be on 30+ plus by now...

He’s a bit of a diva I imagine, a lot of forwards are. But yesterday when we conceded he was rallying people although I obvs couldn’t hear what he was saying. He’s probably frustrated like us with the constant bottling nature of some of the players when under pressure. He puts the goals away though and that’s what he’s here for. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Also, grown adults caring about someone's social media profile photo is really, really weird behaviour 

Yep.

Grown up professionals bantering with punters on social media is bizarre.   Whatever message they send out to the prats will not be received well by the sensible majority.

The prats will either not read it or not understand it.

Edited by Punce

10 minutes ago, Punce said:

Yep.

Grown up professionals bantering with punters on social media is bizarre.   Whatever message they send out to the prats will not be received well by the sensible majority.

The prats will either not read it or not understand it.

That as well. They should either keep their profiles private or run them through the media team. Not worth the hassle anymore. Would've stopped the Reid debacle too

I think he's been a bit weird about it all. I don't think he's close with many of the team - definitely doesn't hang out with any of them. 

The apparent refusal to acknowledge he represents Oldham in his social profiles, again, weird. Maybe he's embarrassed to play for us or something? So I can understand why some fans may be a bit miffed.

However, he's by far and away our best player and I can live with the stuff mentioned above.

2 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Absolutely mad that some fans wouldn't be bothered about losing a player of his calibre because of some perceived... I don't know what? Because he doesn't smile enough and sometimes has a moan?

Madness

indeed. bunch of weapons.

1 hour ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Also, grown adults caring about someone's social media profile photo is really, really weird behaviour 

'yeah but he doesnt smile either, so its more than just social media'

or sumat 🙄

54 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

If he was good as he thinks he is he should be on 30+ plus by now...

In a decent and consistent side yes…in a dysfunctional team such as ours with changes in formation and personnel week on week absolutely not!

He’s missed a few and could have scored more but 17 from 33 is a good return under the circumstances.

I’d prefer to judge him next season when hopefully we will have a settled side and a familiar partner up top.

We’ve been crying out for a 20+ goal scorer and now we’ve got one let’s just enjoy it!!

16 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

In a decent and consistent side yes…in a dysfunctional team such as ours with changes in formation and personnel week on week absolutely not!

He’s missed a few and could have scored more but 17 from 33 is a good return under the circumstances.

I’d prefer to judge him next season when hopefully we will have a settled side and a familiar partner up top.

We’ve been crying out for a 20+ goal scorer and now we’ve got one let’s just enjoy it!!

Well he hasn't got 20 yet...

3 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

You wouldn’t be disappointed if he left ?

Considering he has 17 goals in the league this season and our next best is Fondop with 7, I would be. 

He’s on his way to 20 goals and been injured for 6 weeks. 

@JoeP has deffo walked into the players lounge and caught his missus in a compromising position with JN 💦. You’ve heard the expression’ hung like a Nors’ 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

@JoeP has deffo walked into the players lounge and caught his missus in a compromising position with JN 💦. You’ve heard the expression’ hung like a Nors’ 

Aw, it's great banter..

I forget what a sensitive bunch the Norwood fan-boys are.

As said elsewhere, gentle disagreement does some to have been and gone on here.  A shame..

20 hours ago, League one forever said:

He [Sheron] had a great game. He’s played every game under 4 different managers. (I’m sure you’re a better judge though 😂) He is last seasons player of the year, and this season he’s our third top goal scorer. But yeah, he’s rubbish. 

He played well, but he just doesn't have enough quality for a team aspiring to be L2 and L1 in very short succession. I think he'll be part of the plans next season, but I feel more as backup rather than a first pick on the teamsheet. His work rate is a valuable attribute. But we need a cut above him to be able to dominate midfield on a consistant basis.

16 hours ago, diggleblue said:

Referee shit again today.

Same Ref who gave Alty a pen against us which wasn't.  What do these refs think when they get booed off?  Melon spot on.

I knew we'd had him before. Dreadful ref. Literally ignored GBH on Dallas time and time again (I counted around 6 blatant fouls that were not given). Fussy to the extreme about insignificent infractions and how he gave their penalty despite having the best view in the house and going with his lino who was 30 yards away was baffling. The booking for MM at the end completely summed him up, missing the huge push on the back of Garner and then manufacturing an outrageous performance in booking MM. Really can't wait to get promoted if only to get away from the catastrophically bad level of referring in the National League.

16 hours ago, JoeP said:

Lundstram Man of the Match for me.  9/10 performance.  A different player.

It was much, much better from Lundstram. I think we saw what Alty fans used to see on a regular basis. I still feel he didn't win as many 50/50 balls as he should have, but MM's interview alluded to the adjusting he's making. A week or two ago I felt we may be better trying to get him out on loan next season but he could have a big part to play if he can regularly play like this and more importantly, driving forward more.

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Norwood is a nasty bastard but he’s a winner and we need more of that attitude. 

Absolutely. The amount of 2+2=5 mathmatics Latics fans are going through assessing him and his place in our side. He's a player clearly playing two tiers below his standard, but more signing players of his quality should bring the best out of players who's at National League level. He gave Grimes a torrid time yesterday. I couldn't give a fuck if he didn't want to receive his MoM performance in all honesty. I must admit, I don't warm to him as a personality, but I absolutely know he's the first pick out of MM's 'club of four' whenever fit. If he's not here next season, I'm sure we'll get a fee for him which can be put on someone of a similar stature who's ten times more charming than Arnold on Green Acres, to paraphrase Jules from Pulp Fiction.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Agreed.

9 of those 33 where under Unsworth too and he barely had a sniff in those games. 

Norwood is our best player ability wise by a country mile.

I think he does think he’s the bollocks and probably a bit too good for this league/club (and he is) - but if he keeps scoring goals and performing well who cares. 

He’s also a serial winner and has mainly played for teams pushing for promotion, so when a few of the lesser players cock up or don’t put him through etc, you can see how frustrated he is and he lets them know. Nothing wrong with it. 

Suggestion on here and Twitter they could see him leaving in summer. I’d be stunned tbh. He’s on a fortune, plays down the road from where he lives and under a manager he loves. As much as he gets frustrated with the ability of some others, he has it pretty good.

• Like 3