MATCH: Chesterfield (H) 16/03/24

38 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

Norwood is used to playing at a level higher than one where his captain tackles him when he's through one on one in stoppage time.

That's not what happened though is it.

Lads playing at Level 5 and he behaves like he's up for the Ballon D'or. After yesterday's sulk it looks like he's pushing for a move to me. He certainly isn't bigger than the club regardless of ability but rightly or wrongly feels he can behave how he pleases when Mellon's around and before anyone claims he's singlehandedly firing us to promotion that's complete bollocks, he played better yesterday granted but his behaviour leaves a lot to be desired.

Thankfully Hogan stepped in for the MOM presentation and fulfilled the duties Norwood felt he was above. Wonder if he'd of shirked them if he'd fired in a late winner.

4 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Turning into Eastenders this now. Too many of our fans want to invent drama where there isn't any

And some people try to defend the indefensible when it suits.

You win MOTM, you show some courtesy and go and collect your award.

I'm sure wherever he says he had to be could have waited for 10 minutes.

10 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The indefensible 😄

He hasn't murdered someone

Slowing turning into Mumsnet this forum. 

• Like 1

Jeeeeesus. The Norwood presser has grown a life of its own. 🤦🏻‍♂️😂

People have now just decided that what he put on Twitter is bollocks and a lie because (without knowing anything) he just can’t be arsed.

That’s a whole new level- even for on here. 

Mellon has kicked Reid out because of his lack of professionalism, but he lets Nors do what he wants. . . 

Okaaaaay. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This Norwood thing is turning into a fucking farce on here. He has given his reason why he didn’t go for the award. No one on here knows what appointment he had to attend and honestly its no ones business. Can we just move on because there is fuck all to see here

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, League one forever said:

People have now just decided that what he put on Twitter is bollocks and a lie because (without knowing anything) he just can’t be arsed.

Mellon has kicked Reid out because of his lack of professionalism, but he lets Nors do what he wants. . . 

Okaaaaay. 

I haven't seen anyone say it's a lie, I don't think...

I haven't read anyone (certainly in this thread) moaning about him not celebrating or changing his Twitter picture either (neither of which I give a shit about, FWIW).  That just seems to be the go-to response anyone comes up with anytime they don't like Norwood being criticised.

Edited by JoeP

18 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Okaaaaay. 

I find it a bit amusing that fans booing players on or jeering players numbers going up is ok but a player shouting at his teammate is not being supportive. 

15 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Okaaaaay. 

Has anybody suggested he was lying?

It is the fact he couldn't give people who have paid good money to be there 5-10 minutes of his time and his arrogant dismissal of it that is the issue.

But he's scored a few penalties so having good manners doesn't matter.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

What if it was an emergency for his family ? 

Just now, deyres42 said:

It is the fact he couldn't give people who have paid good money to be there 5-10 minutes of his time and his arrogant dismissal of it that is the issue.

They paid for hospitality, not to speak to James fucking Norwood.

I wish the mods would just block your account. You are pathetic. 

• Like 2

Just now, deyres42 said:

Yes. You. Right here. 

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

He’s told the world on Twitter- I had an appointment, and if you want to make things up - don’t consider me for MOM again. 

What that means is- don’t call me liar, and if you do, don’t give me an award because you can shove it. 

What you’ve done, is make something  up your head and then convinced yourself you’re telling the truth. 

Another big call you’ve got spectacularly wrong. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, JoeP said:

That just seems to be the go-to response anyone comes up with anytime they don't like Norwood being criticised.

That’s generalised Joe. 

I’ve often criticised his sulking on the pitch.

What I won’t do, is make stuff up about him missing a meet and greet, when he says he can’t make it. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Yes. You. Right here. 

He’s told the world on Twitter- I had an appointment, and if you want to make things up - don’t consider me for MOM again. 

What that means is- don’t call me liar, and if you do, don’t give me an award because you can shove it. 

What you’ve done, is make something  up your head and then convinced yourself you’re telling the truth. 

Another big call you’ve got spectacularly wrong. 

What on earth are you going on about? You do go off on some weird tangents at times.

Just show up, accept your award and say sorry I can't stop longer as I've got somewhere to be, it really isn't hard.

13 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

They paid for hospitality, not to speak to James fucking Norwood.

I wish the mods would just block your account. You are pathetic. 

It is part of the package you crazy guy.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

What on earth are you going on about? You do go off on some weird tangents at times.

Just show up, accept your award and say sorry I can't stop longer as I've got somewhere to be, it really isn't hard.

You called it indefensible two posts ago. 😂😂😂

Heres one. 

Gaffer do you mind if I get off straight after the game. 

Yeah, no problem. 

Eysey- it’s indefensible. 😂😂😂

• Like 2