MATCH: Chesterfield (H) 16/03/24

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

You called it indefensible two posts ago. 😂😂😂

Heres one. 

Gaffer do you mind if I get off straight after the game. 

Yeah, no problem. 

Eysey- it’s indefensible. 😂😂😂

Maybe they should all start doing that then seeing as it doesn't matter.

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂😂😂

This is what you’re reduced to, when yet again you get the big calls wrong. 

So just be clear you are fine with the man of the match not going to collect their award if they don't want to do?

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

So just be clear you are fine with the man of the match not going to collect their award if they don't want to do?

Just to be clear. 

You have lieterally no idea what you’re talking about. You’ve have no idea what was said between Mellon and Nors. You don’t believe the man himself when he tells you. 

Talking in black and white about something you have no clue about, and when told-  still don’t believe has zero credibility. 

Just to be clear. 

You have lieterally no idea what you’re talking about. You’ve have no idea what was said between Mellon and Nors. You don’t believe the man himself when he tells you. 

Talking in black and white about something you have no clue about, and when told-  still don’t believe has zero credibility. 

No, never said I didn't believe him.

You are deliberately misrepresenting what I'm saying and completely missing the point so I'll bow out of this one and leave you to watch your great James Norwood penalties DVD in peace.

13 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

You are deliberately misrepresenting what I'm saying and completely missing the point so I'll bow out of this one and leave you to watch your great James Norwood penalties DVD in peace.

"It's not that I don't believe him but I'm gonna have a tantrum about it anyway"

14 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Ah ok, my mistake- so you believe him then? So what’s the issue? 

Im not misrepresenting anything, I’m pulling you up on what you type- something I have no control over.  I’m then deliberately trying to get you to explain why it’s such an issue but you have no credible argument and then change the goalposts. 

The truth is, you don’t like him and a bit like Mellon you’re desperate for him to fail. Which is a shame. 

1 minute ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Maybe respect that he had a private appointment then? Seems like good manners to me. 

I mean unless it was over the road he was certainly leaving it late to get to where he needed to be so urgently but of course we give the utmost respect.

Just now, deyres42 said:

I mean unless it was over the road he was certainly leaving it late to get to where he needed to be so urgently but of course we give the utmost respect.

So you don't believe him then?

You're all over the place here. Being contrary for the sake of it seems exhausting

Ah ok, my mistake- so you believe him then? So what’s the issue? 

Im not misrepresenting anything, I’m pulling you up on what you type- something I have no control over.  I’m then deliberately trying to get you to explain why it’s such an issue but you have no credible argument and then change the goalposts. 

The truth is, you don’t like him and a bit like Mellon you’re desperate for him to fail. Which is a shame. 

The issue is simply about showing some common courtesy to those who have paid decent money for a package that includes what I imagine would be a very brief post match chat with the man of the match.

It doesn't matter if people in attendance are bothered about it or not, you still show up, probably still in your kit, do your 5-10 minutes then you can be on your way, nobody is asking them to drink the bar dry or sit down for a three course meal.

I neither like nor dislike James Norwood or Micky Mellon and I certainly don't wish to see them fail.

6 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

So you don't believe him then?

You're all over the place here. Being contrary for the sake of it seems exhausting

If he says he had an urgent appointment then he had an urgent appointment.

He should of turned up and accepted the award from paying guests, bad form that he hasn't, it really is that simple for me. Nobody else in the squad would of been given that leeway and it smacks of arrogance, regardless of the circumstances. 

16 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The issue is simply about showing some common courtesy to those who have paid decent money for a package that includes what I imagine would be a very brief post match chat with the man of the match.

It doesn't matter if people in attendance are bothered about it or not, you still show up, probably still in your kit, do your 5-10 minutes then you can be on your way, nobody is asking them to drink the bar dry or sit down for a three course meal.

I neither like nor dislike James Norwood or Micky Mellon and I certainly don't wish to see them fail.

For all you know one of his Grandparents could be on a death bed. You want him to go an accept a MOM award instead ? 

You are just trying to cause shit, your life is that sad. Genuinely feel sorry for you. 

15 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Yep, agreed. 

Unless- 

14 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

If he says he had an urgent appointment then he had an urgent appointment

If has repeated Urgent appointments then I’d agree with you, but him and any other player is allowed to get to an appointment if they need to.

Also, I’ve seen Norwood on countless community events on socials. Giving his time and doing his but. So the idea that because he misses one MOM award he lacks common courtesy is ridiculous in my view. 

5 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

For all you know one of his Grandparents could be on a death bed. You want him to go an accept a MOM award instead ? 

You are just trying to cause shit, your life is that sad. Genuinely feel sorry for you. 

I'm sure everyone would have understood if he had pulled out of the game in that scenario.

You needn't feel sorry for me, I don't abuse people I don't know on the Internet.

Edited by deyres42

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I'm sure everyone would have understood if he had pulled out of the game in that scenario.

You needn't feel sorry for me, I don't abuse people I don't know on the Internet.

In that situation (which is a complete guess to make a point on my behalf) he’s done us a favour by playing ? 

You do sit at your keyboard trying to cause controversy though. I’m not personal with anyone but you on here. 

24 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

He should of turned up and accepted the award from paying guests, bad form that he hasn't, it really is that simple for me. Nobody else in the squad would of been given that leeway and it smacks of arrogance, regardless of the circumstances. 

Stop talking bollocks

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Does every fanbase make such an effort to dislike it’s own players so much or is it just us?

This is what baffles me. Not even just any player, our star player. 

To be honest, if Norwood downs tools because he sees this rubbish that could be us out the play off chase fairly quickly. 

Exactly what some fans want, like the dick head above…. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jsslatic said:

Norwood is used to playing at a level higher than one where his captain tackles him when he's through one on one in stoppage time.

Norwood was offside. Linesman literally put his flag up and immediately took it back down when he realised the ball hadn’t gone through to him. Poor from the linesman, who should have waited anyway, but if Hogan misses that ball and Norwood scores it wouldn’t have counted, and as bad as the officials were, Norwood was offside. 

• Thanks 1