MATCH: Chesterfield (H) 16/03/24

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Another one who can't string a sentence together without the use of profanities.

Yeeeeahhhhh. You’re a wind up pal. Have you not got anything positive in your life to occupy you ? You spend a hell of a lot of time on here purposely disagreeing with the majority. It’s sad. I’m off to rattle the missus. Goodnight bud. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Yeeeeahhhhh. You’re a wind up pal. Have you not got anything positive in your life to occupy you ? You spend a hell of a lot of time on here purposely disagreeing with the majority. It’s sad. I’m off to rattle the missus. Goodnight bud. 

😂😂😂

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

He should of turned up and accepted the award from paying guests, bad form that he hasn't, it really is that simple for me. Nobody else in the squad would of been given that leeway and it smacks of arrogance, regardless of the circumstances. 

Imagine siding with @deyres42

Saying nobody would be given that leeway is a ridiculous statement. 

8 minutes ago, League one forever said:

In other news. 

Did anyone find Gardner apologising to chesterfield fans after scoring a bit comical? 

One- he played for them years ago. 

Two- he’s not some legend for them. 

At the time I wondered if the players had been told not to do anything that might lead to it kicking off. Then I remembered Norwood stood staring at them for ages after the penalty so maybe not 😂

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, League one forever said:

In other news. 

Did anyone find Gardner apologising to chesterfield fans after scoring a bit comical? 

I'm not overly fussed, but I did find it a bit bizarre given we kept him on over the summer when most clubs would have tried to get rid due to his injury record...

5 hours ago, deyres42 said:

And some people try to defend the indefensible when it suits.

You win MOTM, you show some courtesy and go and collect your award.

I'm sure wherever he says he had to be could have waited for 10 minutes.

In the old days without social media nobody would know owt about it…and nobody would give a fuck either.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

In the old days without social media nobody would know owt about it…and nobody would give a fuck either.

Unless you were the person who had just paid X £'s to sponsor a game and a chance for you and your guests to meet the player you had nominated as MOM.

Wait a minute-that still applies today.

15 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Unless you were the person who had just paid X £'s to sponsor a game and a chance for you and your guests to meet the player you had nominated as MOM.

Yeah, probably briefly upset about 10 people tops and I bet they would have then been more than happy with the captain stepping in as a replacement…….

Some of you lot just want him gone and it’s a little bit weird really!

28 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Yeah, probably briefly upset about 10 people tops and I bet they would have then been more than happy with the captain stepping in as a replacement…….

Some of you lot just want him gone and it’s a little bit weird really!

Don't know were you get that conclusion from what I have posted.

It is more bizarre that you consider it acceptable behaviour no matter how many people are involved.

10 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Imagine siding with @deyres42

Saying nobody would be given that leeway is a ridiculous statement. 

Imagine siding with Simon Corney and Barry Owen along with a string of others who've run this club in to the ground.

Anyway back to the issue, I don't like it, it's poor form from our best payed player and that's my view, I don't take sides and behave like I'm in the playground I'm my own man, so what you or anyone else has to say won't sway my opinion. Like I've said he isn't bigger than the club despite what he thinks of himself.

8 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Don't know were you get that conclusion from what I have posted.

It is more bizarre that you consider it acceptable behaviour no matter how many people are involved.

I haven’t said it’s acceptable… I’ve said it was weird but some are jumping to conclusions.  We don’t know the full facts and there could be a very good reason for his actions. Let’s see if the club take it any further. I’m sure if there is anything untoward we’ll find out soon enough!

13 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Does every fanbase make such an effort to dislike it’s own players so much or is it just us?

We are definitely not alone other club's fans will target the player(s) who they consider the weakest link unfortunately it's a sad state of affairs where Social Media creates an opportunity for footballers get brutally judged online. We are all guilty of that to some extent (I certainly am) some are far worse than it than others.

I think what sets us apart is that we have seen nothing but failure for 30 years we've never been through the process of growth resulting in 1 maybe 2 promotions and a growth of the club. I think if you asked fans of clubs who have gone through that I.e. Luton they will probably tell you that the journey they went on a huge number of ups and downs. 

It comes back to that meme you often see on social media between what people to percieve growth to look like a long straight line upwards and what it actually looks like which is a line that zig zags up and down left right in a circle before you get to the destination.

We are on that journey right now we are nowhere near the zenith of that journey and I've come to accept that not everyone will see the progress being made right now but it is being made.

Edited by GlossopLatic

11 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Are you suggesting people vote on the MOM based on who they want a chat with after ?

I paid a fortune to take my family to hospitality, 8 of us against Dorking. It was a 0-0, to hot of a day for my 90+ year old grandparents to sit in the stand and the after match interview was with Will Sutton. 

It could have been anyone doing that interview, we couldn’t care less. You don’t go to see the MOM. 

If they care that much, they got the club captain instead, not some youth team player. Grow up 😂

13 hours ago, League one forever said:

In other news. 

He must feel some affinity to the club otherwise he wouldn't have reacted that way. As a fan base a lot of people seem to struggle to understand any sort of nice gesture towards another club.

Unless the players were told not to antagonise the away supporters which Norwood promptly ignored!!!

Regarding his after-match no show. Media duties are part of his match day so he must have told the club he was leaving early, which should have been communicated to the sponsors because as a striker , who especially scores a goal they tend to get more of the MOTM awards.

Although having said that I always try and arrange any appointments on my day off , but he may not have been able to do that. Also we normally play at 3pm so has he specifically made it because of the earlier kick off? Anyway don't think we will ever know and my interest is fading about it now anyway . :)

Scenes on Good Friday at home to Fylde when Norwood bangs an hatrick in.

But Hudson is named man of the match because Jenny has tipped the sponsors off that they can vote for anyone but the special one.

That was a great team performance on Saturday. When team was announced I felt Dallas and Norwood up front was not the right selection. But I was glad to be proved wrong. The way we kept the ball on the floor more with a  good passing made a huge difference to the dominance we showed for most of the game and feel we could have nicked the 3 points.

Lundstram was a different player on Saturday and had a really good game. Hopefully we can play like this for the rest of the season. It is going to be a very tight finish for the last few play-off of places. Every match is now a huge test for us. Lets hope Chesterfield beat Halifax on Wednesday night. 

Regarding the Norwood debate I certainly hope he stays with the club for next season. If we play more of the style of football we played on Saturday he should be netting a few more goals in the coming games. Yes he is an unusual character but he is always looking for the ball and gets frustrated when he is in a position to receive the ball but it is not played to him. He is also good in the air and seems to be able to predict where the ball will end up even when it is hoofed up the field. In my view he is a class player who we need to keep.  

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Not that I like to play devil's advocate. But what would he have done had the match had a lengthy delay on to it? Unlikely but very possible. 

** Awaits the "MM would have subbed him on the hour" responses. **

He didn't have five minutes spare so wouldn't have needed to be a lengthy delay...

Although he did have time to jump on Twitter/X at 15.28...