MATCH: Chesterfield (H) 16/03/24

3 hours ago, Only Blue said:

It's because people want to love their sporting heroes, just like a Peter Clarke.

It isn't going to happen with Norwood. He is looking at this as a job, simple as that.

A lot of players mask this , and as you say, smile for the selfies etc. Norwood though is especially grumpy and doesn't mind showing it, so it shocks people to see a player so obviously not bothered about the off-field nicey nicey stuff.

We just got to accept that is who he is. We all know miserable people who we tolerate but aren't quite best mates with . Norwood is one of them.

....long as he keeps scoring.🙂🙂

29 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I almost wish I had never discovered it, so I could discover it all again. You're in a privileged position.

You're about to discover probably the last timeless, genius of a character...

I feel like Michael when he tells Alan he's never had a cup of beans?

Awww you're in for a treat Mr Partridge.

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I feel like Michael when he tells Alan he's never had a cup of beans?

Awww you're in for a treat Mr Partridge.

There's a spoon in the bathroom, but I've no cause to use it...

18 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Oh I think it's nicely taken the edge of this thread you've done us all a favour I was tempted to join in with the telling certain posters to go stand near a cliff earlier in the thread but wiser thoughts prevailed this time.

But definitely try I'm Alan Partridge seasons 1 and 2 it's classic British Comedy from what can now be seen as a golden era of sitcoms. You are also definitely of the right age to get it too.

Needs context though.  Have to watch KMKYWAP first

14 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Needs context though.  Have to watch KMKYWAP first

Or Radio 4 cassettes from before the TV show, if you've got anything to play them on...

55 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I almost wish I had never discovered it, so I could discover it all again. You're in a privileged position.

You're about to discover probably the last timeless, genius of a character...

So true. It’s an amazing piece of work really, that character must be 30 years old and the premise is pretty much the same but Coogan has written it so well it’s still funny and relevant now even with a pretty large volume of work. And the old stuff stands up still today too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

So true. It’s an amazing piece of work really, that character must be 30 years old and the premise is pretty much the same but Coogan has written it so well it’s still funny and relevant now even with a pretty large volume of work. And the old stuff stands up still today too. 

and there's a new series of 'documentaries' this year Steve Coogan to return as Alan Partridge in BBC mockumentary | Steve Coogan | The Guardian (I don't really read the Guardian...)

• Like 2

Tell you what. The Norwood hates us lads would have a Def-Con 4 level meltdown about Graeme Sharp when he was here as a player. Fuck me, he was one insufferable, miserable bastard off the pitch. Great pro like, but an stone-cold wanker.

12 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Tell you what. The Norwood hates us lads would have a Def-Con 4 level meltdown about Graeme Sharp when he was here as a player. Fuck me, he was one insufferable, miserable bastard off the pitch. Great pro like, but an stone-cold wanker.

And we're back!!!

I was feeling quite cheery with everyone telling me about Alan Partridge, but let's snap out of it :)

Oh and I do still have a cassette player!!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I heard a few things about Sharp and he was less than complimentary about us in his autobiography when he was given the managers job.

He wasn't helped at all in that period it had to be said being promised funds to improve the squad and then being told to sell people, as the rot set in and the club really needed change from the very top but as a manager he stunk the place out.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Can I just shock you? I like Norwood, in spite of what I said earlier...

Not even I'd compare him to that Wembley '94 sitter missing, own goal scoring, penalty missing, shit manager muppet...

• Like 1

Must say I really enjoyed that. I’ve stopped listening to the phone in due to the insistence on having that fruitcake Ibby co-hosting every week. If you continue to say Dallas the way you do I’ll have to stop listening to this too 😩😮

on a side note I’m a bit disappointed I only managed 12 on Latics mind this week…

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Aloof and up himself.

But I do remember being impressed with how smartly he was turned out when I was mascot in the PL.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Must say I really enjoyed that. I’ve stopped listening to the phone in due to the insistence on having that fruitcake Ibby co-hosting every week. If you continue to say Dallas the way you do I’ll have to stop listening to this too 😩😮

on a side note I’m a bit disappointed I only managed 12 on Latics mind this week…

l unexpectedly said Dallas like that the first time l said it. l think its here too stay, especially if youve got Greek friends!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Think I read on here that Norwood was offside when Hogan took the ball off him in the last minute but when I watched the highlights he was clearly onside, as was Gardner for his goal !!

Gardner definitely was on I was level, as for some of the other decisions by that liner though......

Having watched the highlights again that penalty given against Kitching is as bad as a decision you'll see anywhere this weekend, that liners seen their lad go down and starting waving his flag around, he has seen absolutely nothing there and Kitching has done nothing for their lad to throw himself down like that.

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Wrong thread. Ffs. Never mind. 

49 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Aloof and up himself.

But I do remember being impressed with how smartly he was turned out when I was mascot in the PL.

One can wear the best threads that Saville Row has to offer, but they can never mask one's inner wanky bolloxy fucktardiness.

Edited by L1onheartNew
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Having watched the highlights again that penalty given against Kitching is as bad as a decision you'll see anywhere this weekend, that liners seen their lad go down and starting waving his flag around, he has seen absolutely nothing there and Kitching has done nothing for their lad to throw himself down like that.

Watched the highlights on Chesterfield's site and they show their penalty from behind the goal but don't show the "foul" leading up to it.

Maybe due to embarrassment or just to mask Roy's comments ?

28 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Watched the highlights on Chesterfield's site and they show their penalty from behind the goal but don't show the "foul" leading up to it.

Maybe due to embarrassment or just to mask Roy's comments ?

There was no foul to show, watch our highlights on YouTube, officials gave a decision for something they didn't see. Crooks.

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

There was no foul to show, watch our highlights on YouTube, officials gave a decision for something they didn't see. Crooks.

Seen them and thought the only explanation was their legs tangled. It was certainly soft.