MATCH: AFC Fylde (H) 29/03/24

Only watched us since Woking at home as been away for a few years prior. Former player at this level (albeit in the 80s) and said back in Feb this was the worst Latics team I`ve ever seen. Nothing since has changed my mind. Generally, we seem to have an average set of non-league players and, to make matters worse, they do not look like they are being well managed. The spine of the team is weak and without a strong spine, you're going to get found out more often than not, even at this level. Other areas outside of the spine are weak too; right and left back anyone? I don't pretend to know where the crux of the problem lies but I feel very sorry for Mr Rothwell because he's been the Latics saviour and seems as sincere as they come. He deserves far better than what he is getting on the pitch. We all do. 

• Like 2

The play should not have even gone as far as the Fondop incident, Hobson gets thrown to the ground 5 seconds before by the Fylde player with his arms round his neck. Fylde deserved to win today but these refs are doing my head in. 

• Like 2

Conlon, what a disappointment this lad has been. I hope it’s just his midfield partners making him look bad but he’s so one footed and constantly out of position, it’s bizzare. 

The audacity for the prick to come over and clap at the end of the game like the big I am, tit. He’s crap and if his family have talked him out of being here then just fuck off. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Conlon, what a disappointment this lad has been. I hope it’s just his midfield partners making him look bad but he’s so one footed and constantly out of position, it’s bizzare. 

The audacity for the prick to come over and clap at the end of the game like the big I am, tit. He’s crap and if his family have talked him out of being here then just fuck off. 

I'm sorry but anyone who has to play alongside Nathan Sheron in midfield gets a get out of jail free card. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Handsy said:

We should have signed Haughton 2 yrs ago when we played them in a friendly  our recruitment is a shambles 

Two years ago the club was a shambles 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I'm sorry but anyone who has to play alongside Nathan Sheron in midfield gets a get out of jail free card. 

Some suggestions on here two weeks ago that he was close to being a championship player but for his passing.

the jizzfest on here after that game was sickly. 

as long as he and McGahey are starting, we will be an average team in this league. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

As @doctor evil said it's where the player impacts the play, i.e. where he touches the ball.

See paragraph 4 of https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside

The law changed in summer 2018. 

Yep. I can handle our fans embarrassing themselves kicking off about that (which isn't the first time it has happened at BP), but the fact the ref then had to explain it to several players - fuck me.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

Two years ago the club was a shambles 

He meant the recommendation  was at the time DU was appointed in 2022.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

Some suggestions on here two weeks ago that he was close to being a championship player but for his passing.

as long as he and McGahey are starting, we will be an average team in this league. 

McGahey is 28 and has nearly 200 league appearances under his belt, most of them in League 1..

9 minutes ago, Can Neil Redfearn Do It said:

McGahey is 28 and has nearly 200 league appearances under his belt, most of them in League 1..

I couldn’t give a rats arse if he has won the World Cup. He’s shite. There is no question 

He signed for us during a time when we were a last resort for players. He isn’t the only one. That he gets in our team says all you need to know about where we are. 

Edited by AndyB2

Just now, AndyB2 said:

I couldn’t give a rats arse if he has won the World Cup. He’s shite. There is no question 

He signed for us during a time when we were a last resort for players. He isn’t the only one. That he gets in our team says all you need to know about where we are. 

We’ve signed played after player to replace him. None good enough to displace him. There’s your problem 

1 hour ago, spanishfly said:

Only watched us since Woking at home as been away for a few years prior. Former player at this level (albeit in the 80s) and said back in Feb this was the worst Latics team I`ve ever seen. Nothing since has changed my mind. Generally, we seem to have an average set of non-league players and, to make matters worse, they do not look like they are being well managed. The spine of the team is weak and without a strong spine, you're going to get found out more often than not, even at this level. Other areas outside of the spine are weak too; right and left back anyone? I don't pretend to know where the crux of the problem lies but I feel very sorry for Mr Rothwell because he's been the Latics saviour and seems as sincere as they come. He deserves far better than what he is getting on the pitch. We all do. 

It would probably be the worst Latics team ever if we were top of the league 

1 minute ago, AndyB2 said:

It would probably be the worst Latics team ever if we were top of the league 

Yes appreciate what you're saying. We're non league so we should expect the worst ever team really. It's a point I have made before. It's just that some do wax lyrical about certain players. I`ve not seen a single one who stands out as anything special at all. All other teams I have seen us play seem to have at least one standout player, someone who can boss a game or who is a real strong leader. We don't.

26 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

Yep. I can handle our fans embarrassing themselves kicking off about that (which isn't the first time it has happened at BP), but the fact the ref then had to explain it to several players - fuck me.

Yep. I thought it was bad when I had to explain it to the person running the club not named Lemsagam, because the players didn't know. That was at least 3 years ago. The ref was helping the players take our FK from where it could have been but not as insistent as today's ref. Our players ended up losing at least 20 yards.

The first time it happened was in the first league game at BP since the law was changed - MK Dons at home in August 2018.

46 minutes ago, disjointed said:

43 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Fair enough. 

30 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

Digging Sheron out after the way the rest of midfield played today is embarrassing. 

Not sure what was worse, MMs decision to lump it from the off, could see that game plan straight away because the first goalkick everyone fucked off up top.

Hogan was poor today.

Conlon only has one foot and doesn't do enough with it.

Hammond has done nothing to convince me at all.

Norwood played worse than any game Urko Vera had for us

Ref was an absolute joke. That red card is a disgrace 

• Like 2