MATCH: AFC Fylde (H) 29/03/24

Tuesday will be 30 years since my first Latics match. 

I have a feeling we'll get six points this weekend, which will light the spark for this suddenly feeling like a promotion season.

Nobody gets these sort of predictions wrong thirty seasons in a row.

• Like 2

If they play anything like they did in their home fixture we’ll have our work cut out to get a win!

With our dodgy home record I’m not confident at all.

I am quite confident of a win tomorrow , but I also feel there will be a defeat on Monday and that will be game over. How the club has gone from working hard  into the playoffs , with more points than Halifax who had played 2 games more to being behind them now is abysmal. This cannot be blamed on the previous manager.

Edited by stargazer
Missing Word

19 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Another comment from Brabin saying we were near the bottom when they come in. We were 13th 3 points from the play offs 

Yeah, Mellon has said it a few times recently as well- funnily enough when our results started dropping off. . .

I’ve admired their honesty at times, but this is just bollocks and a little desperate. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Another comment from Brabin saying we were near the bottom when they come in. We were 13th 3 points from the play offs 

Beginning to get all Unsworth with some of their comments, almost delusional.

2 hours ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Yep, it's a very disappointing comment from him. In fact, I'd even go as far as to say it's an outright lie and he's insulting our intelligence...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Yep, it's a very disappointing comment from him. In fact, I'd even go as far as to say it's an outright lie and he's insulting our intelligence...

He was only repeating what Mellon said previously - it's all a bit strange and worrying at this stage of the season.

The away fixture was as one sided as you'll ever see. Today for me is a must win, simple as that. Which Oldham side will we get is the question. Not confident.

Edited by Lags
  • Like 1

Big game now for Mellon. We’re at the getting angry at interviews stage of the manager ousting process, so he needs wins fast. 

• Like 4

If we get a performance resembling anything like that of last Sat, think its going to turn very very negative, (even more so than some fans are feeling currently).  We need to pull a performance out of somewhere, which can happen with this team and hopefully today is one of those days.  

Graeme Souness (podcast) used to tell one of his players back in the day, if they were under the cosh, losing or game was dead, that one of them put in a massive tackle (fair or otherwise) or to start a ruckus to get the fans involved and galvanise the team, anything to gee them up.  Not a bad idea, within reason of todays standards,  so many home games this season there has been nothing to shout about, a bit of commitment or passion from the players may at least keep the fans motivated to stay with them so to speak.  

• Like 2